Thread: using a different femme name?

using a different femme name?

Hi all,

Ok, so I have introduced myself as Danielle in this forums (first place I've admitted to be a CD too)

however, after thinking for a bit, I am thinking of creating a Facebook page, particularly to upload images and add possible friends I make as a female.

Don't know if you've read why I chose it, but because my real name is Daniel, I chose Danielle. I'm a bit paranoid (have good reasons to be) that my Danielle page will come up when people search for my actual name... which WILL cause issues.

Has anyone got into a similar problem that I have and just chose a different name? I mean, it may involve learning to respond to a different name. I might go through some of the posts in the female name topic thingy to get inspiration as to a possible new name.

That's exactly why when I chose my name years ago that I made sure that it had no connection to my male side.
    I also wanted a name that could not be shortened to sound male like Roberta and someone calling me Bobbi or anything like that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Did you also change your last name?

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I change name, city, etc... set photos to friends only and dont friend every request you get...
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

About a year ago i set up a facebook page for Katie. Foolishly perhaps i used my real surname. I was pleased with the page etc. Until i logged into my male facebook page and Katie came up as a friend suggestion. That was very worrying to say the least, so i quickly deleted Katie's facebook and haven't opened another.

Just don't use you real last name. I use my grandmothers last name. My first name is one letter from my birth name. Kept my city real. And have lots of local FB friends. No real problems
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-19-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have used many names in the past. Before I finally settled on Shannon I went by Nicole for a long period of time. After finally accepting who I am and what it all means to me I decided I needed a fresh start and that meant a new name too. It was a little strange at first, but it settles in after a while and feels natural now. I purposely didn't want a name that was close to my male name because Im not that fond of it to begin with.

Before I choose Shannon I was struggling with how to pick a name. I went through the popular baby names of the past couple years and even most popular names by the letter of the alphabet. I thought I had it narrowed down to a handful of names after going though this process, but wasn't sure which one was best for me. I brought this issue to my therapist and he gave me the best advice that I could ask for. He told me that the next time I got dressed to look in the mirror and see what name speaks to you from within. As soon as I was dressed and in front of the mirror Shannon screamed out to me so to speak. And here am I today

Good luck figuring out your new name if you decide to change it. Im not sure if people will find your Danielle page if you don't provide a lot of personal information, but I can understand wanting to be cautious. I haven't created a page for Shannon due to the fact if I friend people that do know about me will other people that don't be able to find out my secret since Im not out to everyone. I hope that everything works out for you

Thanks for that.

It's kinda weird having the freedom to choose my own name.

I'll do a re-introduction later when I've decided on a more permanent name =)

While my name is made up completely, I did stay with my original initials, I go by Tina Lynn Betterman. The Tina Lynn, just because I like it, Betterman, is from a line in Tootsie (I'm a Better man, as a women, than I ever was as a man.) I figure since I'm not a real women, I don't need a real name.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have never been a great social networking fan and this is my only excursion into it.
    I certainly am mindful of what I post as my other name gets about sixty hits if googled.
    A fair profile does come up although no great problems except a Nigerian? using one of my aliases. Not by coincidence either.
    I would use a different name on face book that does not link you to here although others say they have had no problem with it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    I certainly am mindful of what I post as my other name gets about sixty hits if googled.
    Hundreds of thousands for me. But it isn't easy to find images of me in male mode.

If you are careful with the pictures the name probably will not matter because so many people share the same name.

Avoid mixing pictures of yourself in drab and enfemme to reduce the chance of recognition.

Learn how to use the security settings so pictures are only viewed by those who you want to see them.

Use a profile picture that does not show your face clearly.

If you use your Facebook page to view other Facebook pages you may create a
    " do you know" connection on that persons page.

Facebook has reduced six degrees of separation to one click of separation.

You can perform a "super log off" which is basically closing your Facebook Account and than reactivating it everytime you want to use it.

Expect to be propostioned by men if you leave the page open to be viewed by anybody.

Seeing as how a person can use almost any name or alias on facebook, here's a suggestion you may want to ponder. Keep the name Danielle and if the have a middle name you can feminize, use that as well with no last name. Example, Daniel Stephen could be Danielle Stephanie, Daniel Robert= Danielle Roberta, Daniel Andrew= Danielle Angela, do you get the idea? Those are just a few name ideas but you could also use a profile shot for your profile picture, or perhaps your hair could obscure your face somewhat to make you less recognizable to those on your male site. Hope these ideas are some help.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl View Post
    Did you also change your last name?
    Yes, I did. I know use my real last name (so I could have credit cards in my name for shopping).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Like Karren said, never use your real last name, also use different city and only let friends see your wall and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Just don't use you real last name. I use my grandmothers last name. My first name is one letter from my birth name. Kept my city real. And have lots of local FB friends. No real problems

I had to use a different search engine with my female facebook.One day my daughter came up as a possible friend so I make sure no friends cross over and removed my profile pic. My friends can see my pics if they go to my album.Had a few friends who got outed on facebook so there is a danger.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    If you are careful with the pictures the name probably will not matter because so many people share the same name.
    Fingers and toes are enough to count the number of people in North America with my legal first + last name. They aren't "bizarre" names at all, but the particular combination of the two is family tradition that doesn't happen to get independently chosen very often.

One of the fun things about being able to reinvent yourself is choosing a name. My name has nothing to do with my other name, so I have had no problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

A couple of things about Facebook--

1) if you fear the "people you may know" sidebar, X-off people you don't know (it's on the side) and you'll never see them again. I'm almost positive it works two ways (iow, you won't show up in that person's PYMK sidebar)
    2) Using a semi-obscured face pic is a fantastic idea.
    3) I didn't create a second account - but what I did was make a friends listing, created a Dani album, and immediately restricted that album to that friends list ONLY. On occasion I check to make sure Facebook didn't FUBAR their privacy settings, but other than that I'm good to go! No worries about logging out or anything.

I chose Dani Faye because it sounds cool, no last name

the first part of 3 is no longer the case, see sig
    Last edited by BiancaEstrella; 07-02-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Banned Read only
    Hi Danielle, interesting post!

I have had a few 'femme names' in my CD/TG life so far.My recent name was picked by my current GF as she thinks I looks classy and the name fits so ....lol. Will try put some pics up when I get more time. However my femme name is nothing like my real name,and I keep it that way to try avoid being unintentionally or accidentally 'outed' to everyone who knows me or does a name search.

I would just pick a name you like and create another FB page if you want as a different girl.
    Good Luck hon,
    Hugs VP X0