Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I TOLD and was SHOCKED - I love this woman!

First of all, Congratulations! Your story is similar to mine, at least the beginning. My story also mirrors Bobbie's. My wife took it all in and said she wanted to research and learn and then about 3 months after our talk and just when I thought things were going well, she dropped the "I have lost the man I married...." on me also. It took us lots and lots of talking and less dressing up than I wanted to do for quite a while but we eventually worked it out. I do not think that for my wife at least she will ever be comfortable with some aspects of my being a CD but we have found her comfort level. As Bobbie says TALK TALK TALK! And if SHE stops talking make sure you take the time to find out why. I did not and it cost a lot, even though we worked it out in the end. good luck!
    Vicky

Congratulations, very brave and I know it takes a lot to do this when you have so much to loose. I know that it has already been said but the emotions will go up and down alot at first, small steps ,let her set your boundries, beware of the pink fog and most of all give her all our Love and big big hugs. xxx

Banned Read only
    Remember that after the initial shock and first acceptance has been proclaimed the great disillusionment by your spouse will occur.
    Let's revisit in 3 months shall we?

Julia

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Best to take it slow and include her in everything concerning this.
    Be on the same page totally you owe her that.
    I'm happy for you both and hope that you find solid middle ground to build on.

When I told my wife it was the most liberating moment of my entire life. To not have to carry that around anymore was wonderful and her acceptance was just to much to ever hope for but it made me love her even more when she did. We are totally inseparable and we made an agreement from that day forward we would always try new things together. These last 21 years have gone by without a single shouting match or major argument because there is just no reason for it. I am truly blessed and I have wished that everyone here could be just as lucky. Keeping secrets in a marriage is not good only makes things worse when truth does come out. Take is easy with her and let her learn at her own pace. This is just my experience and opinion. Good Luck.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I am so proud of you for being honest and open. I am happy for you in how things have progressed. I agree with the other ladies here and their comments. One thing to always keep in mind, she married a man cause she wanted a husband. Iwould hope if you do that first and do that always, there will be room and time for this new woman in her life. Counseling is only as good as the therapist and the patients willingness to work out issues!
    Best wishes
    Michelle

You are off to a great start! I'm happy for you and your SO. Keep her informed, I'm sure you will. ;-)

That is so neat! I've read about so many loving, understanding wives/SO's here. When I should have been searching for a soulmate, I picked a sex partner.

Sounds like you have a great SO!

Just work with her, and I'm sure things will go well.

Leah Lynn, hopefully your partner is both a soulmate and partner in every other respect that it what SO should be and nothing less. I was lucky enought to realize the qualities before marriage, unfortunatly that does not happen for everyone

That's a great story and I wish you both the best. As others have said, take it slow and let her set the pace. That's what I am doing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Congrats. on two fronts; her acceptance and your strength and need to come out to her. As most would now agree, slow and steady and have fun being who you are.

That's wonderful news! The one thing you must keep in mind is that this is always a dynamic situation, never a static one, and involves constant monitoring and adjustment. Don't let it get away from you.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Cooked, cleaned, AND bought flowers?! You probably could have told me that you robbed a bank and I'd still be happy.

Lol congratulations! I am glad that your coming-out to your wife went well. It's awesome that she wants to learn more about what it means to be TG. I wish you two all of the best!
    May I second what Shananigans said your wife should be nominated for sainthood, also her suspecting ahead of your telling may be a big plus toward the two of you doing things out together occasionally, remember baby steps.

Do your wife got a sister ?....we could use a couple just like her...LOL

I know i told this story a hundred times but one more time won't hurt. The day before I was married i thought i was never going to wear another pair of pantyhose again, well was I wrong and when i came back from our honeymoon and we started our new life. There were drawers full of pantyhose, they were on the floor, in the washroom, everywhere. One day i came home from work and put a pair on, at that point i wasn't going to go through the hiding for the rest of my life. So that same night i took a chance and told her everything, from my first time to that same day that I put on her pantyhose. She asked me three questions, do you want to be a women full time, are you gay, and would you be happy in the closet and only share this with me. I said no to the first two and yes to the third question. Then she said i don't care about the cloths but i don't want you wearing my panties and bra's and we went out that night and she bought me panties a bra and pantyhose. It's been 26yrs now and she feels that she has a husband and a friend and believes our relationship is stronger and we are closer because of Maria. My wife didn't make much out of it and just has fun with it. I hope it all works out and don't make to much out of it and take things slow.