Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My nemesis: Heat

My nemesis: Heat

I was hoping to spend a significant amount of time out and about this weekend as Bree. Then I heard the forecast for Friday to Sunday: 95, 99, 97. Yuck!

Those temperatures are unpleasant enough as it is, but when you add a wig, forms, enough makeup to cover up and any foundation garments unpleasant goes to unbearable awfully fast. Sweating through my makeup in the time it takes me to go from the car to wherever I'm headed is a major concern. I'm sure I'll carry some cold water but sure could use more good ideas to mitigate the effects of the weather.

So, how do you beat the heat?

Honestly Bree, I just don't think about it. Heat or cold never bother me too much, especially if I have a goal in mind to accomplish.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ahhhhhhh,,,,,,, Haaaaaaa

Now yall all know what us southern girls put up with dam near year round !! Pantyhose ,,,Haaa,,,Haaa,,, Dont waste your money ,,, Maybe 1-2 months a year ,,Its cool ,,The rest ,,,, Smokin ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Bree: I agree fully, makeup can be quite a pain in this hot weather, especially with the high humidity here in the midwest. But I love dressing so much, and
    pantyhose look and feel so good whatever the weather, I just try to fight thru it. At the end of the night my makeup can look pretty awful...lol. I, for one,
    wear pantyhose and makeup everytime I dress and for every occasion. dana

Near Chicago it's still too hot for pantyhose, but my makeup is staying in place. It was cooler today and the next few day won't hit 90 degrees, I hope. Sunday is Gay Pride Parade Day here, I hope that it will be cooler for the event.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Yup yup - I feel your pain! Odds are good that you wont be reading many stores of me traveling while cross dressed for a while because it is WAY too freaking hot!

Gold Member
    I saw a sign yesterday; Portable AC, Take one with you.
    A rent-all Place, It just looked funny.
    Rader

Heat is a killer on makeup. Temps are soaring in to the upper 90's on the east coast, with some serious humidity.
    I'm planning on meeting with a couple of frends this weekend.....members of this forum no less. Problem is I have to leave my house in disguise because my next door neighbor loves to invite my across-the-street neighbor into a softball party with all their kids, and it extends into my driveway quite frequently. I am good friends with all my neighbors. They do not know this side of me.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-21-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Dee Dee
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Now yall all know what us southern girls put up with dam near year round !! Pantyhose ,,,Haaa,,,Haaa,,, Dont waste your money ,,, Maybe 1-2 months a year ,,Its cool ,,The rest ,,,, Smokin ,,,,
    That's why we southern girls consider a cute t shirt, short shorts, bare legs, light makeup, and flip flops the standard uniform of the day, right Stacy? Quit peeking out of the closet Stacy and get out here with the rest of us...LoL

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    I was hoping to spend a significant amount of time out and about this weekend as Bree. Then I heard the forecast for Friday to Sunday: 95, 99, 97. Yuck!

Those temperatures are unpleasant enough as it is, but when you add a wig, forms, enough makeup to cover up and any foundation garments unpleasant goes to unbearable awfully fast. Sweating through my makeup in the time it takes me to go from the car to wherever I'm headed is a major concern. I'm sure I'll carry some cold water but sure could use more good ideas to mitigate the effects of the weather.

Get a shorter human hair wig with a lace cap, ditch the forms and stockings (women don't wear forms). Put the PH away for the season.

A good foundation goes a long way to helping makeup last. It's possible to do with the right stuff. Actors and television personalities wear TONS of makeup under HOT lights.

Get your beard removed if you can afford it. That helps with the makeup tremendously. But getting rid of the forms and stockings will help keep your body cool, and women don't wear that stuff in the summer heat anyway.

Stephie

I hate the heat. I prefer cold weather.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Do what I insisted my parents do when I was 20 months old in Chicago, MOVE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For me, on those hot days out at like Ren fair, Pridefest and what not, I have blotting paper to help remove the persperation without taking the make up off and then setting powder to reduce shine. Good foundation does help. A cool or cold cloth around the back of the neck helps as does putting my hair in a pony tail getting it off the back of the neck. I definitely go for a short skirt or shorts and tank top (no hose or padding) and do not use foundation garments either. Different clothing styles help give a feminine shape. I do wear forms and use deodorant and baby powder to help with moisture and smell. Then of course drinking a lot of water is a big help as well! It is work but can be done. Hope this helps!

Dana

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

I hear you! I try to spend early mornings being out before the sun hits high noon! Then I may go back out late evenings! It helps somewhat! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

This may not help you with sweating, but to cool your core- the army has found out that your hands and arms work great as radiators- very vascular- they came up with cold gloves to cool people overheated in hot climates. I doubt they use them with regular troops- but the science is valid. I don't have anything like that, but i will wrap my hands around an stainless steel water bottle filled with ice or ice water- it does not make me cool, but it does draw heat out of the body. Only problem is it is really too cool- you have to remove your hands otherwise the circulation shuts down and you lose the effect- so I alternate cooling my hands, then putting them on my neck to warm the hands a little and cool the neck.

Kind of a lot of work, but good if you are on the verge of heat stroke.

Then there are the little neck scarfs you get wet- squeeze them damp- and wrap them around your neck- the evaporation does a pretty good job of cooling you off. Here's a quick link- there are others- but for the price- it's a cheap investment and they do seem to work to some degree... (pardon the pun)

I might also get a check on your thyroid function- if your controlling hormones are off- (mine are) you can be overly sensitive to heat...

I'd look into the neck scarf thing first-

But yeah, i hear you about the heat. I rode bikes when i was growing up- i guess i got used to having a cooling wind over me when working out. At the gym, i have to take breaks and cool my head in the shower or risk overheating- unless i can commandeer a floor fan- in that case- look out- i'll crank out 1200 calories or more in an hour non stop.... :-)

Platinum Member
    Heat is a challenge in the heat and humidity of Houston. When I go out this time of year, I go for lighter fabrics, like linen and light cotton tops whenever possible. Typically, I'll wear capris or shorts rather than slacks. I still wear a shaper or corset, despite the heat. So, I cope with perspiration a little baby powder. And no stockings - its just too darn warm.

You all have my sympathies, I used to live in a hot place, one of the reasons I moved here. Today it is cold and raining, will be tomorrow as well. Some days I wish it where a bit warmer so I could wear shorts once and a while.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Keep the A/C on in the car and head to the mall...they're all air conditioned.
    You won't melt in the little time it takes to go to and fro.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Move somewhere where "Hot" doesn't happen -- Oregon....................Debra

Silver Member

My arch nemesis... BREE!

Can you be my arch nemesis? I feel we should be since we both have the same name And it would be super cool to have an ARCH NEMESIS! *cue dramatic music*

I'm down here in south Texas and the heat is just as bad if not worse right now... Lots of sweating just walking from car to building or building to car...

I just stay indoors as much as possible and do any shopping or outings in the morning or evening. The wig and forms must make it so much worse!

Thanks for all the advice. I know stockings are a no-no, that would be just plain crazy. I'll have to see if I have anything where I look OK without putting on the hips.

I'll probably just try to avoid melting by doing as many of you suggested: quickly moving from the A/C of the car to the A/C of the mall. I may even take it a step further and try my hand at the outlet mall in the middle of the mountains. It's only supposed to be in the low 80s there instead of the 100 it'll be in Denver.

If I'm really motivated maybe I will go try and find some decent (and hopefully inexpensive!) active wear and try to go experience some solitude even higher in the mountains. If not, there's always next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    My arch nemesis... BREE!

Can you be my arch nemesis? I feel we should be since we both have the same name And it would be super cool to have an ARCH NEMESIS! *cue dramatic music*
    YES! Considering everyday when I get up I try to take over the world having an arch-nemesis is a critical requirement. Thank you for stepping up to the job.

Bree. girl it made a 100 here today, just got done sunbathing for the last 1 1/2, luck for me it wyoming and there was a nice cool wind, Of course i did not have makeup on, but your right it is too not to wear Panyhose, and forms during the day, that is why i like to get a suntan so i look better as a girl. That care down there in the milehigh, Hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    YES! Considering everyday when I get up I try to take over the world having an arch-nemesis is a critical requirement. Thank you for stepping up to the job.
    I can't believe you would be so daring and so naive to accept my request... nay... my DEMAND!

Prepare to succumb to the awesome power of BREE!

Oh dangit... this just isn't going to work... I need a new name...

Tiffanythecd2002 tiffanythecd2001's Avatar
    i wondering why you can put breast form's in the freezer for a short time, not a hard freeze wouldnt that work, course here i wear lot's see thru top's with camies under em, makes a very cool combo , with a long skirt , too act like a funnel under there

I understand your dilema, I live near Phoenix. We are looking at 108, 108, 106 with monsoon thunderstorms, and finaly down to a cool 104. Thank God for Shorts and T's.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke