Thread: 2nd Time in Public. Meeting & Movie

2nd Time in Public. Meeting & Movie

My first time out in public was last month with my wife at a Tri Ess meeting at a member’s house. This month the meeting was at a local restaurant so my wife had said that she was not ready for me to go out in public. The plan on Saturday was for me to dress but to stay home.

On Saturday afternoon my wife asked me what was the time of the Tri Ess meeting, and said that we should go. We went to the meeting and I had a great time. It was at a TG friendly restaurant and we had a private room. I even used the women’s restroom twice which was a first for me.

As the meeting was finishing, my wife asked me if I wanted to go to a movie, which I of course said yes. This was a big shock for me because I know that my wife is not thrilled at me being out in public. We left the meeting and went to see “Rock of Ages.” I didn’t see anyone “notice” me and I even used the women’s restroom at the theater. I had a great night and surprisingly was not nervous while at the theater. This was the best movie going experience I have ever had.

Great, Steph!

Sounds like a perfect evening!

Just being yourself with an understanding spouse is the best! Give your spouse some extra hugs!

(Aside: Being out with your spouse means that even though you are not likely to be recognized by friends, etc., she is. You may want to have a plan for if that happens. You keep walking, for example, and she catches up after talking with them and mentioning she's with her friend, something like that).

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I loved reading your post, Steph. These accounts are my favorite. Your wife is a jewel; that's for sure. I really doubt anyone noticed you as anything other than a girl. Isn't that just the best feeling in the world? I love it!

Very nice Steph, congrats.

Now, about all those trips to the restroom, you might want to get that looked into by your Dr.
    DonnaT

Yowza ,,,, Look at my GIRL !!!! All out ,,,,,,, An even went to the movies ,,, Dammmmmm Im proud of you ! Feels good ,,huh,,, But hell you SO knows with you looking so GOOD ,,Hell cant keep a sexy little lady at home ,,Pretty girls all dressed up want to go out an be seen . Bet you strutted your little high heel wearing butt around just like you thought you would ? Click,,,Click,,, On the floore had to keep checking your self to make sure you wasn't dreaming ? But noooooo it was you alrite ,,Wish I could have been there ,,Bet yiou won't ever forget that movie even if you dont rememeber what is was about ,,, Just the first of many ,,,She will be ready soon let her tell ya when .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I am suprised that you didn't

get some looks as you are so dam cute. You probably did just didn't notice

Good for you girl,you have so much confidence and your wife seems to be taking it in her stride.Its good advice from Persephone about what to do if your wife gets recognized
    I think you will have many more such stories to share with us girls lol
    man i feel like a woman

Platinum Member
    Steph, its great to see you're getting out with your wife. She's obviously becoming more comfortable with the experience and kudos to her for being willing to share this with you.

I am sure that you realize how special you wife is. Be sure to let her know also! The "bad news" is that now that you have experienced being out en femme, you will want to go out even more!
    Hugs, Carole

I love being out with my Mimi and our friends. It gives both of us an opportunity to see the world and each other from a different angle.

What Persephone says about spouses being recognized is important. When I'm dressed there is little chance that I will be recognized by any of my drab friends, but they will recognize Mimi and then be curious about her unusually tall girlfriend. Our plan is to separate and meet up after Mimi figures out where the friends are going so we can go the other way! I only dress some distance from home, but we have bumped into work colleagues of hers at an outlet mall 50 miles from home!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Yes, your wife is wonderful! Glad you had a good time. But you are so very pretty, she shouldn't worry about going out with you!

Thank you everyone for all the comments and compliments. …and yes, this was a great thing for my wife to do for me, and I have told her several times how much I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Being out with your spouse means that even though you are not likely to be recognized by friends, etc., she is. You may want to have a plan for if that happens. You keep walking, for example, and she catches up after talking with them and mentioning she's with her friend, something like that.
    Persephone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    What Persephone says about spouses being recognized is important. When I'm dressed there is little chance that I will be recognized by any of my drab friends, but they will recognize Mimi and then be curious about her unusually tall girlfriend. Our plan is to separate and meet up after Mimi figures out where the friends are going so we can go the other way! I only dress some distance from home, but we have bumped into work colleagues of hers at an outlet mall 50 miles from home!
    Thanks, we were on the other side of the city but if Eryn bumped into someone 50 miles from home, then I better plan for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Very nice Steph, congrats.

Now, about all those trips to the restroom, you might want to get that looked into by your Dr.
    And ruin my excuse to use the women’s restroom?

Good to hear about you going out and jumping right in. I was just mentioning to someone the other day that going to a movie is a fun thing to do while dressed without a lot of risks or headaches. Sounds like you're ready for lots more enfemme activities, including some serious shopping!