Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it "wrong" that in order to CD we often wear our Significant Others clothes?

My SO is the coolest girl I have ever met and she would lend me anything of hers to wear just as she knows she can wear anything of mine, but I would never wear anything of hers without asking first. That is just one of those fundamental things.

Funny you should raise this discussion atm cause my gg just wanted me to try this outfit on of hers(avatar pic)when I decided to browse this forum,she is a sharer xoxo

Don't you know that it is okay for them to wear our stuff but not okay to wear theirs.LOL. Since we are built different I would not want to wear her stuff. We will stretch it in different area and might not fit her right later. I like having my own cloths and displaying my style. Sometimes i like her style and sometimes I don't. Also what might look good on her might not look good on me. I know it is hard if you don't have a palace to hide. I guess you are saying also she is unaccepting so I suggest being very careful.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

At one time wearing my wife's clothes was off limits. As she became more accepting she has become more open to sharing items that fit both of us, mostly skirts, shorts, skorts, some pants (her legs are longer than mine and of course purses). Unfortunately I'm larger framed on top so most of her tops and dresses are too small as well as her shoes!

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    It's ok as long as they're aware that you're borrowing something.

It's not ok if you're stealing. Get your own clothing.

Mountain Lass
    NO!NO!NO!NO! and how ever many more it taked to fill the line!

How many GGs contact a helpline because they know their stuff is being used??? The mistrust starts there and it is just not worth it for the cder.

Never mind the hygiene issue, most of us think twice before loaning to a girl-friend!!

I bought my career girl wardrobe before I was married, put it away for a pregnancy, came to get it out-all worn, ripped seams, semen all over, even my sanitary and swimwear used. I was devastated. Those clothes represented a time in my life when I was successful professionally and able to have clothes made to fit me. They were irreplaceable. I didn't just lose my clothes, I lost a part of my identity and the thought that someone I was in a marriage with could steal from me in that way was indefensible.

The only clothes I had were pregnancy ones, so people thought I was ill because I didn't wear my clothes again. I had a new baby, a cding husband I knew nothing about, and no financial means of replacing the clothes. A cder sent me a velvet dress and a Frank Usher evening dress he didn't need!!!!

Your partner's clothes are carefully chosen and bought by her for her. You keep your hands off them unless you expect some physical damage. That goes for her makeup, too.

What no-one has expressed here is the thrill you get from 'sharing' without her knowledge. Well, add to this the thrill of being found out-it's not pretty.

Buy your own!

Its just like anything else, "If you"borrow" something without permission you are stealing so to speak, even if you put it back EXACTLY (HA HA HA) as you found it. If you teach a child to ask permission to take something are you immune from the same thing????? Bottom line here is: GET YOUR OWN THINGS AND LEAVE HERS ALONE!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Allsteamedup View Post

I bought my career girl wardrobe before I was married, put it away for a pregnancy, came to get it out-all worn, ripped seams, semen all over, even my sanitary and swimwear used. I was devastated. Those clothes represented a time in my life when I was successful professionally and able to have clothes made to fit me. They were irreplaceable. I didn't just lose my clothes, I lost a part of my identity and the thought that someone I was in a marriage with could steal from me in that way was indefensible.
    Crossdressers do stuff like this, and then they wonder we get labeled as perverts by society.

No, I do not think stealing your SO's clothes is okay, and calling it borrowing is just sugarcoating what is (IMO) extremely disrespectful. My wife and I share, but I would never take her stuff without asking. Sure a prepubescent teen could be forgiven for experimenting, but once you are an adult you should really know better. It's not difficult to shop for your own, and if you lack the courage, shop online.

I had enough guilt feelings getting into my mom's closet and undies, and won't let that spread to my wife's. I do get her old clothes if I want -- she's lost weight and many of her old clothes don't fit her. But girls do share clothes, and I like Charlie's answer. Maybe your SO would ask "Would you like to try this on? I think would look good on you."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

My wife and I are totally different sizes, and have totally different styles, so we have no clothing issues as far as sharing clothes, but we do share jewelry. She likes to use a red bead necklace of mine, but would never take it with out asking, and I would never get into her jewelry box with out her permission, Some of what is there is very sentimental to her, and she would not be happy if I messed with it without her permission. Of course it helps, that I dress with her blessings, and she has never said no you can't wear that.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Allsteamedup View Post
    NO!NO!NO!NO! and how ever many more it taked to fill the line!

How many GGs contact a helpline because they know their stuff is being used??? The mistrust starts there and it is just not worth it for the cder.

Never mind the hygiene issue, most of us think twice before loaning to a girl-friend!!

The only clothes I had were pregnancy ones, so people thought I was ill because I didn't wear my clothes again. I had a new baby, a cding husband I knew nothing about, and no financial means of replacing the clothes. A cder sent me a velvet dress and a Frank Usher evening dress he didn't need!!!!

Your partner's clothes are carefully chosen and bought by her for her. You keep your hands off them unless you expect some physical damage. That goes for her makeup, too.

What no-one has expressed here is the thrill you get from 'sharing' without her knowledge. Well, add to this the thrill of being found out-it's not pretty.

Buy your own!
    This is very true, the bit about the thrill of forbidden activity especially.

As JodyCD says, doing this as a teen is one thing, ( still not right ) but as an adult you should be able to control yourself better.

Hmmm it's my wife that I catch wearing my clothes...

Let me ask this in answer to your question:

Is it wrong when our SO appropriates something of ours to wear? My wife is smaller than me, but she often likes some of my casual items (slinky tops as base layers, a thin cardigan, etc.) and asks if she can have them.

Is that wrong? Not in the least. If it is something i want to wear, I'll either get another or ask her if i can borrow it. The key here- is asking and respecting the other's boundries- couples are different everywhere- but in general, respecting you SO's stuff is a good idea. So ask, or if after the fact- wash and fold or hang it back up, and tell your SO you borrowed it. If they ask you not to- then find one of your own. No Problems!

Face it, when you wear underwear for any length of time you always leave something behind. That's kinda the point of underwear.

I wouldn't want to wear underwear that somebody else has worn, and I especially would not want to find out that I had been doing it, without my knowledge, for months or years. The last thing we want is for people to associate crossdressing with "dirty". Women have an extra biological motivation to stay clean down there, and are rightfully protective of their intimate clothing.

"They went through my underwear drawer" is almost a cliche' of privacy invasion!

BUY. YOUR. OWN.

-- Anne

I did it at one time long ago. I really think it is wrong to do that.
    Buy your own things. By the way, somehow women know if
    someone put on their clothes.

Silver Member
    Besides the trust issue, there is a HUGE ick factor.

If you wear my underwear, keep it. I don't want it back. And you think I won't know? Sorry, we can ALWAYS tell.

S

I think one should ask. It is only right and proper that you respect the privacy of your SO.

Also I dumped a big bag of panties at a Goodwill type establishment. I noticed that they sold out quickly.

Vieja

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Allsteamedup - that has made me feel rather ill

Even if no one ever finds out, don't do it. It sets up a wall between you and your SO. A relationship that ought to be transparent becomes more opaque.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Hers are hers - not yours - Yours are yours.

~Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    no! its perfectly fine..... as long as no one knows.... its like a tree falling in the woods.... on the pope.... with a bear using the restroom near by.... if no catholics are there to hear it... no one gives a $hit.... except the bear.....
    Isn't there something about a bullfrog being waterproof, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Don't do it! Women have an uncanny ability to know if anything of theirs is disturbed even by a microscopic amount. Even if they don't confront you they know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    yes you are absolutely right there Marleena, we DO know!
    You see, this is what I've always said about women: they know stuff. Even if you think there's absolutely no way they could know it, they do. I've heard guys say that women are evil. I don't agree with that. But I do think they're dangerous. You mess with them at your peril.

As for me, back in the days when I was married, the wife and I would share stuff. We were close enough in size that we could generally get away with it. Mostly she'd borrow my dresses because mine were nicer than hers. As for undies, she didn't have anything that interested me. And I wouldn't borrow that sort of item anyway. But she would. She went away for a week one time, taking all my knickers with her (because she didn't happen to have any clean ones at the time and couldn't be bothered washing them). I was not pleased about that. I don't know if it made me dangerous, but it did give me some evil thoughts. For Pete's sake, if you want to borrow stuff, like ask, right? (And in this case I would have said no, which is probably why she didn't ask.)

We share all clothing and that includes underwear, nothing wrong with that after all they are washed but I know about Nigella...those who SO's don't know about them..go buy your own.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Silver Member
    Not only will your SO find out, but when they do see that you've been LYING and DECEIVING them... s*** will hit the fan.

They're not your cloths, so unless you get permission from your wife, you're in the WRONG!

You're an adult. Put on your big boy or big girl panties and go get your own cloths.

Much better and safer to buy your own.My wife does ask me if i would like certain items she is throwing out,mainly shoes as we both take the same size,but i prefer to buy my own.
    man i feel like a woman

It is "wrong" in the sense that no one likes to have someone else wear their things without permission. Doing so is also much more likely to cause you to be "discovered".
    Hugs, Carole