Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming Crossdressed

I'm a casual WoW player and 90% of my characters are female simply because I live enough as a guy as it is.
    No ****s are given to the whole G.I.R.L* thing since it's none of their business.

*Guy In Real Life

I started out online gaming with male characters, and luckily one had a name that was gender neutral. A few years ago I changed that character to female, and now play using that character most of the time. My other (male) character is a record holder in the particular game, so needs to retain his image and name, as that record will never be beat (due to rules change soon to take effect - he's held the record already for many years).

So, I'm happy playing as a girl on line.

Hugs,
    Ann

I do. I am not as competitive when I am online like that though. I usually play shooters, which doesn't feel right dressed up.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Most if not all of my characters are female when I can create my own. Most people think I'm a girl and don't question it.

To start with the few games that I do play I have a female charters. In most games they have better clothes. Not to mention it can produce some interesting situations
    I actually found an article that deals with gender bending in games.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/me...px?PageIndex=2

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    When I do play "World of Warcraft," my main character is a female Human Priest. I run with a guild composed of a social group I belong to IRL. My cross dressing is an open secret within the organization, so I don't raise any suspicions. Besides, a non-trivial percentage of WoW players cross play.

In "Star Trek Online'" I have a female unjoined Trill Tactical Officer. Same crowd, no flak.
    Last edited by LaSirenaBella; 07-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Oh, gaming *while* crossdressed. I think I've done it a few times. It makes no difference.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I do this all the time. I will be dressed and playing tonight as a matter of fact. And I do like playing with female avatars as well. But, I generally stay off the voice chat.

I find it utterly HILARIOUS when everyone just pauses awkwardly when I get on audio chat since everyone thinks I'm a girl online.
    Truth does not fear investigation. Society, however, cowers before both.

While I do play female characters most of the time , I never really dress while gaming . When I'm playing a game like Forza I feel that's my male side coming out so I really don't think about it . But I may be coming back to WOW when mist comes out and idea of raiding while dressed sounds really fun . Especially since when dressed I do resemble my female Tauren .......

I like rpg games, specially if you can edit your avatar. And of course, all of my characters are female.

I certainly have gamed while crossdressed, but it is the exception rather than the rule. Sometimes dressing is relaxing, and whatever activity I decide to do while relaxed is rather random. That being said I've probably also cooked, cleaned, done dishes/laundry, worked out, read a book, studied for school, and anything else you can think of doing alone while dressed.

On the subject of cross-gaming, though, I don't think I've EVERY intentionally choosen and enjoyed playing a character that was male. *Shrugs* I think that article actualy hits it pretty well on the head. Theres more interesting things to look at and it's NOT always just the T&A...sometimes it's just better hairstyles/colors or armor with a shape other than 'Large-block-of-iron-on-chest'.

BTW, almost exclusively WoW player here...played many other games over the years from Atari to PS3, but WoW is what I do now. Of course, I think WoW is dying (Pandas, really?), so maybe that will end in a few years. Wonder what I'll do then?

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else plays online games as their cd self. I do and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing to tell people that I cd. Some people are haters and some are cool. Any words of advice?
    Yes. I got a credit card with just my first and middle initials on it with my last name intentionally for that purpose. There are quite a few places that probably have no idea I'm a guy. Unless you're going to meet them IRL, it really doesn't matter. Be aware however, that geeks have a tendency to fall in love with any female that shows them any interest or even is polite to them, so you may have 'followers' in some virtual realities. Be careful what you say and do.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-28-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I also cant play shooters dressed. In shooters you got to be aggressive, active, goal oriented... and for some unknown reason to me - I sweat and heat up in shooters, I sort of feel the adrenaline running, and it exausts me. And after that I will feel tensed and tired (not relaxed at all).
    And this does not feel feminine at all, so I will skip shooters while dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else plays online games as their cd self. I do and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing to tell people that I cd. Some people are haters and some are cool. Any words of advice?
    Yes. I play a few games online and all of them I am Klaire. Because I do not use any voice/webcam systems for any online games I see no harm and allows to me to express myself in ways I cannot as a male. I find it both helpful and enlightening to do it and I see no harm in it at all..

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    I have a female avatar for Second Life but also have a male alt too.
    As far as anything else such as Call of Duty MW3, Alan Wake, Max Payne3, all those type of games, it's all male mode.

Nothing like blowing stuff up or fragging a few enemies to relieve some stress
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Star View Post
    I have a female avatar for Second Life but also have a male alt too.
    As far as anything else such as Call of Duty MW3, Alan Wake, Max Payne3, all those type of games, it's all male mode.

Nothing like blowing stuff up or fragging a few enemies to relieve some stress
    In some ways it would depend on what you want to get out of the game and who you will see there. If I was going to play a game where there would be friends I knew online and looking for me I would stay male - as they don't know what I do. But with things like Second Life, Star Trek online where I don't know anyone in RL, then I am Klaire as I am more comfortable playing the female role in these.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    Always play as a female character. It's normally Evony for me
    I play Evony, server ss62. I recently came out to the people in my alliance that I was TS and the response has been fantastic. No one has said anything negative and I have made a couple of friends, one on facebok and the other I will be meeting when I go up to London. She has promised to visit me when I go for my grs too.
    In other games I have always played as female characters.
    living the dream

I always play Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 dressed. Its funny cause the people in my clans all know what I do. We will be in a match and ill kill someone and the kid gets all pissed and calls me a fag and one of my clan members will say "actually hes a crossdresser, not a fag" Its great. Any CD's here that play those games on PS3 message me and we can trade online id's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Abwaerts View Post
    I also cant play shooters dressed. In shooters you got to be aggressive, active, goal oriented... and for some unknown reason to me - I sweat and heat up in shooters, I sort of feel the adrenaline running, and it exausts me. And after that I will feel tensed and tired (not relaxed at all).
    And this does not feel feminine at all, so I will skip shooters while dressed.
    Playing shooters dressed is the best! They think Im a chick cause im using my male voice, then i tell them im a dude who dresses like a girl and it throws them off bigtime and screws up their gameplay. Thats when i come in with some semtex and ruin their day!

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    Some games, like Diablo II, used to only let you have certain characters as male or female... I used to have male haracters all the time, and female as well.
    yeah, but the female classes in D2 were generally more fun than the male classes. I'd say robably 1/2 my D2 toons were Amazons, just because there a lot of fun mutations possible, some of them I made just to do a build based a cool bow or jav I farmed with another toon. Can't say that about barbs or pallys or druids. That said, one of my fave toons was a Dentist necro- all bone skills, rimary attack skill of Teeth. Pure. Evil.
    Silk and Steel

I have to say I love the idea of people playing shooters and such while dressed, especially if it gives them an edge. *Kudos to Rachel*

I think it's a pretty interesting sneakpeak into the psyche if you like to dress while playing less aggressive games but feel out of place while playing more aggressive games dressed as a woman. I wonder, do any GGs have similar issues when they play? Is it awkward to play MW3 while dressed feminine? Do you tend to dress more 'male' instead? Might be reaching into something unique to the CD/TV mind that doesn't exist in either gender alone.

In the meantime, I think I might start to play WoW dressed...not really a feminine game, but not bad. Not going to do it anytime soon, though (wife and I are still working things out and now is NOT the time to make things more difficult).

I will say for those of you interested, Eve Online has a voice-chat feature built-in with masks that protect your actual voice. They have a male to female and a female to male voice converter that is surprisingly good.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I used to play Second Life with a female character. Same with Everquest. The latest game I played was World of Tanks, and choosing the gender of tanks does not seem to be an option.

I generally have not gamed dressed, aside from some underwear or maybe a dress etc. But, nothing to elaborate. Frequently I just game in the buff, as that is the most comfortable way of all. Yes, I live alone, and I do not use webcams.
    Just another man in a dress

Its so much fun just to sit back relax all dressed up and play some cod3 I could do it all day lol