Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another picture gallery question

Another picture gallery question

Ever notice how the hot young girls get lots of comments to their pictures? It's quite common from what I've seen. The sexier you look the more comments too, high heels, short skirts and good makeup skills get more interest.

I sometimes wonder the motivation for posting pics. I think the majority of us are looking for some validation that we are doing okay and want to share our improvements or in my case hoped for improvement. Then there are a few that just post pictures only and don't seem to have any other purpose here. My friends always try to make me feel good. It seems there are lots of hits for every picture thread so there is lots of interest.

So why do you post pictures? What motivates you to comment? What makes you just look?

In closing when I first started here I complimented just about everybody but most of those people ignored my pics so I rarely comment on pictures anymore. Not whining but just stating a fact. Do onto others sort of thing.
    Last edited by Marleena; 07-23-2012 at 08:55 AM.

I only post pictures in response to a thread that I find interesting. I will never post the "before and after" type as I deplore anyone knowing what the other part of me looks like.
    As for the short skirt/high heels shots ... well, no one really wants to look at us old broads do they???
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I only post pictures in response to a thread that I find interesting. I will never post the "before and after" type as I deplore anyone knowing what the other part of me looks like.
    As for the short skirt/high heels shots ... well, no one really wants to look at us old broads do they???
    Lol.. I hear ya about us older broads. I've resorted to age unappropriate heels and minis at times myself or nobody seems interested.

I agree on the before and after pics. Suffice it to say I look better as older woman than an old guy.

I personally do not know if I will ever post a picture on this sight. I do understand why so many crossdressers post sexy pictures. It is real simple. Growing up we have been told girls, women are suppossed to be desired, wanted and put on a pedestal. That is what many of us want also at times. I think it i ok to flaunt it if you have worked hard to get it. I have seen many very attractive CD's on here and have wished just one day in my life to look that good. There are many times I wished I would have been honest with myself at a younger age and pursued what was in my heart. Then I would not be where I am today with a great wife who knows and lets me dabble and a great 15 year old daughter. If I had the looks and body to pull it off I would in a heart beat. I would love to be perceived as sexy, seductive or just plain HOT!!! LOL

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't make many comments on photos these days. I found I was responding to those that were the most convincing and not to those that would pass like I do, and that's marginally at best. I try to be polite and offer constructive comments but was always afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

It makes me think that maybe we just don't want to be ignored, and polite but negative feedback is better than silence or false praise.
    Last edited by Sarah Doepner; 07-23-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: punctuation!,.;:...,,,!!"?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I pretty much stopped commenting because I tend to be too damn honest....though I do look at a few.... especially the ones that proclaim how amazingly sexy they are... lol. And I rarely post photos any more.... I'm over me... I don't need to hear how hot I look 400 times... cause I know differently... sigh.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

About 3 or so years ago, a post on 'show your legs in a short skirt' or some such name that ran for ever. I posted quite a few pic's on that, but to me it was just a bit of fun. Some girls took it a little more seriously and I do think some valued the feedback. At least everyone who posted on the thread got one comment. As the girl who started the thread, kindly made a point to comment to each picture.
    I suppose it had some merit, but at least with that thread makeup was not an issue.
    Last edited by Samantha Jane; 07-23-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Samantha xx

One day I will think of something profound to write here!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't need to hear how hot I look 400 times... cause I know differently... sigh.....
    You are your worst critic, I guarantee it.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    You are your worst critic, I guarantee it.
    I agree.. Karren you're a hottie, and a modest one at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I agree.. Karren you're a hottie, and a modest one at that!
    I'll believe that only if you repeated it 399 more times!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'll believe that only if you repeated it 399 more times!
    At my typing speed that will take a few days. I'll open up notepad and get started.

I pretty much stopped commenting because I tend to be too damn honest....though I do look at a few.... especially the ones that proclaim how amazingly sexy they are... lol. And I rarely post photos any more.... I'm over me... I don't need to hear how hot I look 400 times... cause I know differently... sigh.....
    I miss your picture posts, Karren...I think you're one of the most attractive, funny people here..Please post a few new pictures once in awhile..Smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Marleena, I think you have to also understand that there are just as many people here to only look at pictures as there are people that just post pictures. I try to make it a point to go look at the picture gallery every once in a while...but, I don't like answering a lot of the questions there. People complain about the absence of GGs in that area, so I try to make it a point every once in a while. I also don't really like accidentally running across people half-dressed in "sexy" attire. I don't mind looking at pics of people and commenting on their outfits. But, you are right that a lot of pics are of "sexy" pictures, and they get the most attention. I've noticed that sometimes bravery and sexiness are misplaced...people that might look pretty good in sexy clothes often aren't posting them on an online picture forms. THERE! I SAID IT! There are a few people that I can think of that would probably look really good in sexy clothes...but, I haven't stumbled upon any pictures like that of them. So, the people that should often don't...and the people that do often shouldn't. And, I HATE saying that. So, I love fashion and outfits...I look at magazines for that very reason. But, I'm often a little scared to click. And, I'm not saying that everyone who has posted a "sexy pic" left me thinking, "Oh, wow...you shouldn't have done that." It's just that it happened a few times, and so I started avoiding it all together. There could be a lot of lovely people on that thread...but, I wouldn't know about it since I just started doing things PM.

I solved this problem though...My friends that I love commenting to and checking out their outfits usually just PM me when they post a picture thread. So, then, I check them out and have fun commenting. Also, GGs get mixed reception...I'm never sure how my opinion will be received...so, I often am not as constructive as I could be to people who I don't really talk to on here. My opinion versus a CDs opinion on what is fashionable and looks good is often a little different. So, I'm never sure if my presence is good or bad in that area.

But, for what it counts...from the picture you have posted, you are always very tastefully dressed and look very put together. I can tell that you take a lot of time, and so you look well-manicured.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 07-23-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Very well said Shananigans. You have said a lot of truths. It is good to hear from GG's on this subject. Your thougts have a lot of weight in several CD's lives.

I posted when I first joined because I wanted people to see what I looked like. I even posted a male photo (which is on here somewhere if anyone needs to look but you have to find it). I like when someone tells me I look good but like Karren I don't buy it all the time (but I don't need 400 posts either). I post pictures now if they go with an event or the thread. You all have seen enough of me that I don't need to post every new dress. Besides there is like a 5 picture limit a week and it would take me two years to show every outfit and then there are the combinations. As for the age crap...
    I don't really care what others think I should wear. If you don't want to see me in a mini and heels look elsewhere. When I dress I dress to get attention.

I don't comment on photos often and especially not on the people who post weekly in the same pose and really don't change (even if the look is good, the same pose and make up tell me you are not trying to get on with it). I also usually am #639 in seeing the photo and there are so many time 638 people can say "You look great". If you ask for critique and I have an idea, I will post it. If it just says "Here I am again" I may not see a need. But like Karren, if you ask for a critique and you look bad (lime green tights, pink tutu, red 6" pumps, your wig just out of the UPS box and makeup by paint roller) you better be ready for me to tell you it is bad. I am honest but not as brutal as Karren
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

@ Shana

Thanks for your input. I think you're right on GG's needing to be careful on how they respond in there. I think any MTF would take to heart any comment made by a GG to their pictures as gospel. I wasn't fishing for compliments but thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    If you ask for critique and I have an idea, I will post it. If it just says "Here I am again" I may not see a need. But like Karren, if you ask for a critique and you look bad (lime green tights, pink tutu, red 6" pumps, your wig just out of the UPS box and makeup by paint roller) you better be ready for me to tell you it is bad. I am honest but not as brutal as Karren
    I might just have to look at the picture gallery to find Karren's posts lol.

But, to be honest...I really think it sucks to get critiqued. When I post pictures on Facebook (which, I just realized that most my pics there are over a year old wtf)...they are usually just ones people tag me in, or if I am doing something fun. (We can now assume that my friends never take any pictures of me and I never do anything fun...and, this is probably true lol). I would DIE if someone were like, "Yeaaaaaah....Shan...I think you might want to rethink that whole outfit. Maybe rethink that eye makeup. In fact, rethink your life, because that whole look is wrong." It's mean! I usually post a pic in my avatar or profile pic after Cami and I have spent waaaaaay too much time in front of the mirror, and I am thinking, "Oh yeah...I look good here." On one hand, I am totally not brave enough to start a thread asking for people what they think about how I look. But, on another hand, I recognize that I post pictures of myself because I think I look good in them and it makes me feel good when I am validated.

I do think that if you post a picture thread asking for opinions, you have to accept the good and the bad. But, I also recognize that a lot of people here aren't confidant in their looks as it is. Maybe in that pic (that turned out bad), they threw their whole heart into it and really thought they looked sexy. Maybe, they were willing to take the risk of negative comments in hopes to just get a few comments that they look good. So, this just makes me sad.

When I posted a lot of pics on my Myspace, Photobook (or, whatever the f*ck it was called), and even HERE in the albums...it was because I wasn't that confidant. I actually needed some sort of validation. In my mind, I was big as a house...and, I needed to be told I was still pretty. Somewhere along the line, I lost all of the weight I needed and gained my own confidence. Thus, I don't really have that many pictures that I post. But, it's still nice to hear that you are pretty...and, it's never fun to hear when you fail.

Do people HONESTLY want to know when they don't look good??? I wouldn't. I still like to give constructive criticism...but, I would never be the person to be like, "Wtf were you thinking here?!?" I know how it feels to feel bad about yourself, and it's easy for me to imagine most people here already feel pretty bad about themselves. (It's written all over this site). Me feeling good about myself was a treadmill and a salad away...hoorah, it's fixed. But, a lot of people here just don't have a lot of options or easy fixes.

Maybe I should've posted this in the other photo thread. IDK.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 07-23-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well said Shan.
    Some post pics to get approval I guess on an outfit or make up nothing wrong with that.
    If you ask for criticism be ready to take it, there are plenty here that will give it good or bad and thats fine.Just don't get butt hurt when you get a reply you don't like.
    The "sexy" pics are fine but not my thing so I don't comment.
    I'm always fine with constructive criticism and give it sometimes usually wig related.Not meant in a mean way but I'm sure some may take it that way.I got that when I first came here and it helped.
    I will put this out here Karren's comments to me years ago were a huge help in my coming to grips with who I was and I will be forever grateful for her responses.Thank you Ms Hutton.

[QUOTE=Marleena;2908402
    ...So why do you post pictures? What motivates you to comment? What makes you just look? ...
    [/QUOTE]

I rarely post my pictures anymore. Maybe I'm lazy or too critical of myself when taking self portraits. I would rather be outside photographing a beautiful sunrise or a breathtaking panorama than myself.

There are all sorts of reasons why people may post their pictures. Most do not get my comment because I cannot dedicate the time to it. A great many do deserve some feedback though. However, when I do have the time and I sense that someone has put a lot of effort into the photos, I will offer them all of my encouragement. People endure a lot of stress over posting their pictures. I do appreciate their contributions.

I often just look because that's usually all the time I have to spare. Can you imagine what this forum would be without the gallery?

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Good thread Marleena. I look at most posted pictures. If I see something I like in that picture, I comment. No, not just the sexy ones. But the pictures where the poses are natural looking, or the person is either pretty, cute, natural, or otherwise good looking. When I view pictures that do not appeal to me, I don't comment for fear of hurting someone's feelings. I defiantly do not comment on any pictures that do not show the face. I just don't like any pictures with the face smudged out or taken from the neck down. I'm not here to make someone feel good about their picture if I have to lie about it and tell them it's great when I don't think so.

I used to take tons of pictures of myself when I was younger. Back in the day when we did not have digital cameras or video cameras. I remember taking them in to be developed and hope the clerk at the drug store did not view them. So I mostly sent them away to be developed. I even went to the trouble of setting up a dark room with enlarger so I could process my own black and white pictures. When I think of the money I spent on cameras, tripods, enlarger, lenses etc. I have to chuckle. Now that I have a digital camera, photo programs on my computer, I rarely even take anymore pictures. To be honest, I just don't like the way I look now at my age as when I was just 10 years younger.

Was never really that interested in posting pics or even looking at other people as it really has nothing to do with how I feel about myself. I guess getting visual input is good for research when trying out a new look, however. That is why I have pics of various women with different looks around my dresser mirror. I've been looking more recently and honestly making positive comments sometimes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Yep, couldn't agree more.

When I was young, pretty and looking for validation, I took quite a few photos even though it was a lot more difficult to take photos without letting your secret out, as film had to be sent away for developing, so at least a few other people would see them.

Back then, long before the Internet, I had real penpals I met through Tri-Ess and Empathy Press magazines. Exchanging messages was a bit slow, but it was always a thrill to get a letter from another CD friend, usually with a few photos.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

*Just to be clear, I have never seen Karren say anything bad about anyone on any social media site...Karren is one of the kindest sweetest people you would ever meet...or cybermeet.

Can I come out now Karren?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Shan: Great, insightful comments as usual. Always appreciate what you have to offer. I am in the "shouldn't" category, as you've defined it, and sure enough, I've been tempted to post a couple of pics that should best remain on my computer. Not that they're not crude or overly revealing, but still, I "shouldn't"

Marleena: Interesting topic! When I posted my pic thread, I don't think I was motivated by a need for validation or even for compliments (which is a good thing, seeing as they weren't all that abundant -- though I did sincerely appreciate each and every one I received), but more as a tiny step out of the closet. Yes, it's only via pictures into a somewhat gated nook of the Internet, but it was liberating, and really a big moment in my life. If I were one of the "hot young girls" of which you speak, and received a lot of kudos, maybe there would be more to it for me -- I don't know -- but it's really just a way for me to open the drapes a little and let in some light.

I used to post my pics here for personal validation. It's nice hearing compliments on your look, even if you don't believe them all. It's also nice to get an idea of what some of the other members look like. Makes the whole internet thing a bit more personal. I have since stopped posting pics, and have removed all the ones that I previously posted, except for the one in my profile. Honestly, I just don't feel comfortable putting myself in situations that I can't control. Remember...... ANYONE can see the MTF section, not just members. I do wonder what motivates some members to constantly post new pics every week, yet NEVER contribute in any other way here.