Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How high are YOUR "standards" when you CD?

Hi,

Hmmm Interesting ? or two.

Heck. All Jos said to me was when your out dress nicely or eligent, well i have many lovely clothes & Jos is happy with those though i did buy 3 sets that were, not as nice when i got them so sissors sewing machine & if i could not make some thing better of them well rag bin . mind you iv made sewn over 14 sets or outfits not includeing my day wear. that are nice so wev allmost got every thing right,

As to a set standerd im a woman i dont have to prove or conform to any one else so no i dont set any standereds as such or have to look a certin way to fit in , there is the old you have to pass or blend in detail does not work for this kid , any way being allmost 65 do i have to no i work on acceptance & thats all i need.

...noeleena...

I recognised many years ago I was never going to be the spitting image of Marilyn Monroe

I know where your coming from with wanting to look your best, but, really thats all you can hope for, the main thing is to simply enjoy what you do and accept any short comings in what you cant achieve

Dont worry about not being like normal men, Ive met hundreds of them in my life, maybe more, and everyone has been different, same with the women I've met

There is no such thing as "normal" ....youve just gotta be yourself

You say you only stay indoors and have no intention of going out, so....... sit back, relax and have fun doing what you do

I have to present as a woman when dressed.
    That is what it is all about, isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Since I never leave the house while dressed, I try to look the best I can. I have very limited product to work with, no wigs, and I'm not really good with getting the make-up right. So if I look good in a shaded room, well, that's gonna have to be good enough for the time being.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by closetcd17
    How high are YOUR "standards" when you CD? I like and feel like I have to look like a girl;passing is my goal, but since I never leave the house, I'm happy enough to resemble a pretty/cute woman with more masculine features (there are plenty of GG's who fit that bill!).Do you all get upset by what you perceive to be "imperfections" and "giveaways" while you CD so much so that you feel like a fool for even bothering to try?
    [SIZE="2"]I have relatively high standards, complicated by OCD and a need to make each “show” bigger and better. Nowadays a jaunt into the real world requires as much preparation as D-Day, if I am to pass with any degree of certainty. I over-think everything, so I guess that means I have high standards. The thing is, I used to dress up about 50% at best, a kind of semi-serious crossdressing where I could feel comfortable, but this graduated to 100% CD, becoming a full-fledged transvestite. This requires some effort and planning, also factoring in a keen desire to look as realistic as possible, dress my age, and not insult the gender I am attempting to emulate (or myself). I do the best I can, under the circumstances – I may look quite passable, but because I’m on my own I have nothing (or nobody) to compare myself to. As such, I might over-do it a bit. If I fail, I don’t get upset – I just set my mind to the task of trying again, trying to reach the high standards I have set for myself…

PS – LOVE the shota avatar!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by closetcd17 View Post
    "Do you all get upset by what you percieve to be "imperfections" and "giveaways" while you CD so much so that you feel like a fool for even bothering to try?"
    No. I'm pretty sure that if I had no "imperfections" and "giveaways" that I would be seen as somewhat girly when not in girl mode. Since I enjoy being a guy and spend most of my time in guy mode, I have to accept the giveaways and imperfections that appear when in girl mode.. But look, I know many GG's with less than perfect bodies and faces that I think are very feminine, pretty, and sexy.
    I go out, but stay in more, and my transformation goal isn't to pass, but to achieve the look I'm aiming for. And to please just me.