Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do or

Why do or

Why do or did you crossdress?

What reason not excuse do you justify crossdressing with.

This will probably generate a lot of controversy.

It's time for brutal honesty with yourself.

Why?

Myself was the absolute necessity for the world to see and acknowledge me for who and what I am.
    A woman albeit trapped in a male body for many years.

Danni

I don't really know and do not plan on dwelling on the unanswerable because I see too many here with too many hangups brought on by questioning shy they crossdress. All I know is that I really enjoy buying articles of clothing and accessories, putting together interesting and pleasing (in my eyes) outfits, going out dressed into the mainstream and interacting with others. Though this is relatively new to me, 5+ years, I do not believe that it is a complete other and separate side of me, but rather compliments and is an important part of my whole being, personality and character. I am not sure where this is going and so far am not concerned with that because I have a fair idea I am about there. I refuse to put negativities and doubts in front of me. I am a very positive, extroverted, intelligent and mature person and see no reason to worry myself into that dark hole that so many here sometimes find themselves in. I have embraced me and hopefully will continue doing that.

Also Danni, you have been around here the same amount of time that I have been and you know from reading a lot of the posts and threads here that unless someone is truly a TS and finding out that by crossdressing, there is no reason for why we CD's do what we do, besides it is there and needs to be done. That is my honest but not brutal opinion.

Great question! For me it's always been some type of sexual yearning. From my early teens on I have for some reason wanted to be a gorgeous woman. Now when I say want to be it's more of a fantasy want to be. Not I'm a woman trapped in a man's body type thing at all. I may have very slight gender identity issues, but for the most part I am happy in my own skin. It's more escapism for me I think. I get aroused while dressed if not before hand. That is not to say I have to have sex when I get dressed. Regardless if I do or not it arouses me none the less. There is a certain type of woman I find attractive and I guess envy in a way. So I kind of become her. I have taken it as far as wanting what she would want without going into detail. This probably makes no sense although it's the only way I can explain why I crossdress.

why? I am a part of who I am. Convoluted answer....?

Don't know why. Just know that it does'nt matter how many times I try to walk away from it, I get pulled back. It just makes me feel whole.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Oh brother, this silly-assed question again. The is no answer. Get over it.[/SIZE]

Hi,

I never cross dressed, had no need did not even give it mind time & was not nessersay. & why would i,

Now I was dressed in my lovely cream dress by my Mum no dought for 2 or more years, in dress's i have a pic of that as well. it says some thing about my self allmost 65 years ago.

The next time was i was dressed as a girl full on clothes make up & all. 1958 /9 with 4 others for a end of year church do, in front of 80 people who all know me & my Mum was there as well.

Thats it in both cases i was there & they dressed me. now is that cool or what,

Little did they know Mum included i was intersexed, even though i hated any boy clothes i did not do the dressing.

!9 years ago was when my body started to change strange as that may seem its true for some of us intersexed ,

my thought pattern how im wired how i thought was as a female & yes from very young yet, that does not rule out a miner part of who i am was male hey im happy with that, its still a part of my make up im not ahsamed of that part of myself because that was very importaint for me later in my life & really has been needed its given me the strength i needed to get through ...HELL... & come out the other side, it allso helped me to be very level headed. keep me sane really.

I know what hardship depression being abused allways being last & haveing learning problems is like, to put it simply i was bloody dumb. so what would i wont to dress in others clothes for. i had enough problems with damm boys clothes let alone any thing else. apart from other issues i had not related at all to being intersex,

My changes were in many ways quite lovely i knew i would live as my self a female / woman from age 10.yet it had to be the right time , 18 years ago was the right time because every thing that took place from then yes even the trip through,,, HELL,,,
    was right , i had to grow to be myself even if that ment 8 years of my life was in that hell. to live i needed to get through that .

Hey it was horable hard , being cast down knowing what was happening was effecting our family to the point of distroying us. suiside mean any thing does to me. youv no idear till youv gone through what Jos & i went through for what so i could be a woman.. its a bit more than just clothes or liveing or acting as a woman its the very core of who you are my case a female born with a male side.

im just fortunate that im intersexed because that keeped me sane because being both & i know for some thisll be at odds in how they relate to me, could i not just live as a male & what part of male was me to start with. not much really & your body goes through a change to begin life as a female / woman different ...a....

I spos i could have worn those bloody male clothes & gone insane as it was every thing inside me changed & my body so it was to late as it was, i did not have much say in the matter so really im quite pleased ,

So back to clothes why do i dress in clothes that are designed for women short answer,

To be a little light hearted,

well i think , & mind you i could be wrong may be its because i got waylaid some where & i thought as a difference i could just be a female , i wonder. or i could be quite wrong.ill leave that up to my critics, they seem to have sussed me out so maybe they are the ones who are right,. so far theyved crossed all the T's & in my favour, really its being accepted,the way you are,

Jos knows im a woman & shes spent 37 years getting to know who i am & really i dought i can fool her or any one else.

So some of us dont have a say or chose who we are, .......We are just born different......,

...noeleena...

I have the same opion as Allie does. I think the only time I had the wanting to know the answer was when the wife asked about it. It has changed over the years for the better. I got aroused a few times early on and didn't want that feeling anymore and finally over came that. Now it is because I like the fabric and cut and just plain like the look. I feel better wearing womans cloths. Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I don't really know and do not plan on dwelling on the unanswerable because I see too many here with too many hangups brought on by questioning shy they crossdress. All I know is that I really enjoy buying articles of clothing and accessories, putting together interesting and pleasing (in my eyes) outfits, going out dressed into the mainstream and interacting with others. Though this is relatively new to me, 5+ years, I do not believe that it is a complete other and separate side of me, but rather compliments and is an important part of my whole being, personality and character. I am not sure where this is going and so far am not concerned with that because I have a fair idea I am about there. I refuse to put negativities and doubts in front of me. I am a very positive, extroverted, intelligent and mature person and see no reason to worry myself into that dark hole that so many here sometimes find themselves in. I have embraced me and hopefully will continue doing that.

Also Danni, you have been around here the same amount of time that I have been and you know from reading a lot of the posts and threads here that unless someone is truly a TS and finding out that by crossdressing, there is no reason for why we CD's do what we do, besides it is there and needs to be done. That is my honest but not brutal opinion.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Good unanswerable question....but here goes

At about 5 or 6 years old, I started playing with and wearing mum's clothes whenever I could get away with it......don't know why. I think many early onset cd'ers can relate to this

Throughout my growing years I took every oppertunity to acquire, put on and dress in whatever I could whenever I could.....it just felt good....don't know why

Through my teens and 20's the overriding sexual urges intervened and changed the goal somewhat...I'm sure you know what I mean here

I am now 56 years old, have got over the sexual attachment to dressing and got it back to where it all started, something that feels really comfortable relaxing fulfilling etc...don't ask me why, I still dont know

I believe I was born a Crossdresser for whatever reason

In 50 + years I've never bothered to question or analyse why....I'm really not interested...I've no desrire to solve, answer, correct or remove something that was clearly meant to be

Its just part of me....it is me!!

One of the obvious reasons Danni is that I make a fairly good looking woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The reason is hiding somewhere in my DNA.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

'Cause I can!!! Without me being me, who would I be!!! I know I have a female brain!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    Why do or did you crossdress?

If I could answer that I could make millions helping others answer it.
    I soul searched for decades. I researched for decades. I still have no answer.
    All I know is that I've always felt to some extent that I should have been born female and this is how I can express those feelings. This is what makes me happy.
    Modern research seems to lean towards either a genetic influence or possibly a hormonal effect while in the womb. No one really knows for sure.

At this point in my life I really don't care to have a definitive answer. I just want to be me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Don't know, it's not because I make a good looking woman, LOL.
    But, I feel whole
    I feel connected at birth
    I feel warm and fuzzy
    It is me
    It is within me
    I love it
    Scratch an itch
    The girl has to get out
    Last edited by TeresaL; 06-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Platinum Member
    Why would it be time for me to be brutally honest with myself? This question is asked routinely, so nothing particularly differentitates this moment from any other. Frankly, I may be mildly curious about why, but until someone comes up with a valid and reliable genetic, hormonal, or congnitive test the "why" is at best informed speculation.

Lots of theories but, really, nobody knows. And if it's ever figured out for some, that doesn't mean it's for all. There's a vast, perhaps fundamental, difference between those who have a strong internal feminine identity and dress because it just feels right, and those who dress for sexual or other reasons. The underlying causes may also be vastly different.

Danni, what's the difference between a reason and an excuse? You dress because you're a TS, and I dress because I'm a CD. Duh. Is yours a reason and mine an excuse?

I am not sure I really know why myself. Maybe it's to emulate something I feel appealing. Maybe there is a hidden fem side. Maybe it's pushing boundaries.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It's always been a part of me. Since birth I was wearing my mother's clothes, make up etc (not now, but during childhood when I did not have fund's or access to my own wardrobe). There was no lack of effort on my part to stop and try to be "normal." Eventually the denial got to the point where every minute and hour of the day was speant coming up with reasons, methods, excuses, justifications etc. not to cross dress and to continue fighting it and never quit. When things were getting to that point, which they had been for several years, it's just far less stressful, and painful just to embrace it.

To answer the question in a plain one word sentence. I look better, younger, and healthier as a woman, maybe with a little bit too much testosterone, but still I look better none the less.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Why does one need a reason. I am what I am.!!!!!

it just feels right to me when i am underdressed and at home i am free to be me

To answer the same old, moldy question with a question, why do I or anyone need to justify it? That would apply to cross dressing or being transsexual

I do not need to know a reason or cause. It is highly likely to be a non-obtainable answer so I'm not going to drive myself crazy wondering or thinking about. I've already done that. Anyway, what would it matter if I knew the answer? I have no desire to "fix the problem" even if there was a solution or cure (other than transitioning).

Since childhood... I have admired, respected, liked, loved, adored, envied, desired, and lusted after females so much, that I wanted to experience as much as I could, being the object of my desire.
    The desire to dress never left me, anymore then my love for everything a woman is.

Don't really know why I walked into my mothers closet at age 7... Mom always wanted a girl and used to tell me that a lot... It was either that or I thought that being a pervert would be kind of a cool thing to be? Lmao... Kids.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I crossdress just because I like to! Started when I tried on my sisters panties when I was 6 years old! Now I am 80 and still doing it! but of course I have gone way beyond panties in what I wear. I do not have to justify my clothing to anybody, because what I wear is my business and no one elses! My late wife totally supported me wearing skirts or dresses, because she knew that I was always her man no matter what I had on!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Back when I was a teen, just because it was fun. Today, because I like to. I mostly underdress anyway. Except for women's jeans. (sorry Karren!) Oh yeah and tanks and tee's.