Thread: Pink fog

Pink fog

Pink fog?

I've seen this term here a bit, off and on, and i can't seem to nail down a real definition of it. Since it is used so much here, i'd love to understand exactly what is meant by it, I realize it may mean slightly different things to different people here, but if you could, what does 'pink fog' mean to you, and what are it's implications?

Sorry to have to ask such a basic question, maybe i'm looking too hard, or could it be i'm so used to being in a 'pink fog' that i am not realizing it when i see it?

Thanks everyone!

Kristi

I guess since the term "pink fog" doesn't exist on Wikipedia, it is certainly open to interpretation.

Mine is pretty simple. Pink Fog is an excuse for poor behavior and/or decisions. It's a way to siphon off responsibility for one's actions as somehow not being one's own fault.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    To me it means having your feminine side take over to the point that all reasonable judgement and thought is lost. Like when you want to buy some new clothes for your femme, you know you don't need them or maybe really can't afford them, but the "fog" is so strong that you buy them anyway. Where as, if you saw some guy clothes on sale, you could talk yourself out of it, reasoning that you have enough jeans or maybe it can wait till next month.

When lost in the Pink Fog, your judgement is skewed, all you want to do is make your femme self happy, regardless of the cost or consequence.

Just my opinion and understanding of the fog. Some may agree, others may differ, that's what makes life fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I guess since the term "pink fog" doesn't exist on Wikipedia, it is certainly open to interpretation.
    I LOVE IT! :-) Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    To me it means having your feminine side take over to the point that all reasonable judgement and thought is lost. Like when you want to buy some new clothes for your femme, you know you don't need them or maybe really can't afford them, but the "fog" is so strong that you buy them anyway. Where as, if you saw some guy clothes on sale, you could talk yourself out of it, reasoning that you have enough jeans or maybe it can wait till next month.

When lost in the Pink Fog, your judgement is skewed, all you want to do is make your femme self happy, regardless of the cost or consequence.

Just my opinion and understanding of the fog. Some may agree, others may differ, that's what makes life fun.
    I think you've defined it pretty well, especially this part "When lost in the Pink Fog, your judgement is skewed, all you want to do is make your femme self happy, regardless of the cost or consequence."
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    When lost in the Pink Fog, your judgement is skewed, all you want to do is make your femme self happy, regardless of the cost or consequence. Just my opinion and understanding of the fog. Some may agree, others may differ, that's what makes life fun.
    Ah!!! Yes, now I see- a transgendered version of what most people usually act like.

Yeah, i tend to 'fog up' here a bit, I tend to start off on a tangent and forget the point i was trying to make, occasionally saying things some folks might not approve of, within the original context. When I do this it's actually more of me exploring my own feelings on a subject rather than giving advice- I use many of the questions and comments here as talking points such as one might be prompted with from a rather good cognitive therapist. I am acquainted with a rather good one- i've watched and learned how he gets into subjects and how he got me to talk- he's helped me get to the point where i can work most things out myself, but he's still an awesome therapist- i go a few times a year more to keep in touch, but also to be able to really open up for a bit. That in itself is worth the price.

Thanks for the reply!

The pink fog is when your wife/GF says well you don't look awful in that dress, you take it to mean WOW, you've made it, your a beauty queen! It's seeing the world tru rose colored glasses, except the glasses are pink, not rose (unless rose is a pink, I guess). It's when she says maybe, and you take it for a yes. There is no pink fog, it's all in your head!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    I don't think its has a precise definition. Its just a term people have adopted to describe that sometimes obsessive behavior or euphoria that occurs when one begins to dress more extensively or frequently. The implication is that sometimes people in a "pink fog" are in danger of making rash decisions or spending excessively - basically losing a measure of self control.

Think about driving in a fog. Things are hazy, not real clear. Most people keep on going, perhaps too fast for the conditions. There is a bit of recklessness. Even if there were such a thing as pink fog lights, they would not clear things up too much. May have just paraphrased Renee.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Think about driving in a fog. Things are hazy, not real clear....
    Driving? DRIVING? Oh yeah, i guess driving in the fog is a better analogy. Too bad we don't have ILS with CATIIIc when we need it. :-)
    ( Once did a simulated DS approach (with the instructor/safety pilot calling out instructions) down to rollout under the hood. I kept expecting him to say 'okay, 400 AGL, pop the hood', then 200, then 100, 50?, by that time I didn't want to throw off my orientation. I put a main gear wheel in the grass, but then it was only a 38 ft wide paved strip. After that, I bestowed the title of 'my lucky panties' to the ones i was wearing that day! :-) )

When a "Pink Fog" comes over me I have a very insatiable desire to transform into my female personification. Nothing can stop it until I make that transformation.