Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How we age?

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    Just passed 31 and I feel awful. Not a health thing but those creeping gray hairs just make me feel old.
    I started turning grey at a young age. I used to hate the grey hair until the others started falling out. I suggest you try and be as smart as most women and not dumb like me. Since those grey hairs are starting to show, start fighting back with some color. I wish I had done that years ago.

60 here and i feel better then i ever have...my brain is the issue..lol....but heck i am enjoying life totally....and karen,you look great!..it's all attitude..

I feel 40. Of course when I was 40 I felt 45 so that is an improvement, right?

Really I am mentally not aging at all (except the forgetting part). I am mentally not aging at all. Did I say that already?
    I can still pull of looking younger as long as I don't have to stand or walk. I do pretty well looking 40 when I am sitting in a dark corner
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    Just passed 31 and I feel awful. Not a health thing but those creeping gray hairs just make me feel old.
    someone just past 31 and a few gray hairs should not feel old. Missing cartilage, hearing loss, presbyopia (sp), arthritis, those will make you feel old.

and besides they invented wax and razors for grey hair.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    As men we have been told by wife's, girlfriend's that we age gracefully...may'be it's that "touch of gray."
    With all due respect to women, they say a lot of things, and they're not right about all of them. If it were only a "touch of gray", it might be graceful. Baldness is something else. If they themselves suffered more often from that, they might change their views.

I remember when I hit 35 and I simply couldn't run any more. The legs just wouldn't do it. The last couple of times I visited my dad, he asked me to help him carry some stuff that I could carry easily on my own, and which he could have carried with one hand when he was in his prime. I have some photos of him when he was in his late 20's, and when I look him now in his 80's, it's hard to see anything graceful there.

Women really shouldn't tell men what it's like for a man to grow old, to slowly be losing his hair, his strength and his health.

Anyway, I feel fine. And what I love about dressing is that as a middle-aged woman, I feel elegant. I don't know if I look elegant, but that's the way I feel. Sure, I envy the young girls, but what I've got isn't so bad.

Best wishes, Annabelle

MMM I am 58 and feel it when in drab. Dressed I am 40 and feeling younger.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    someone just past 31 and a few gray hairs should not feel old. Missing cartilage, hearing loss, presbyopia (sp), arthritis, those will make you feel old.
    Ugh! Three out of four. Now I feel older.

Married to SO Rufusrabbit Rebeccarabbit's Avatar
    To be honest at 45 I am grey well salt and pepper and a little tired, however I am pleased to say that my SO looks fabulous and stunning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="2"]"I am not this body. I am in this body, and this is part of my incarnation and I honor it but that isn't who I am."[/SIZE]

Karen, I think you look great. I turned 67 this past March. Retired for over two years now and feel good.
    I must admit I feel better in "femm" than I do in "drab". As a man I feel I look old and tired. When I'm
    "dressed" and out with the gurls I feel I look younger, feel younger, and much more relaxed.

Less than six months shy of 65 here and feeling great.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar

Talking

[SIZE="4"]A year shy of 70. In drab, I can usually pass for 59. En femme, I can get late 40's. Amazing what you can do with a little paint and plastic hair! Damn turkey neck trips me up though. I'm really happy to be here. The very best time of my life.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    That's why God invented medical tape strategically placed under the hairline (along with spirit gum adhesive) to help pull those sagging jowls back into place .
    I'm with you there!

I'll be 58 shortly and I think I look in my 40's when dressed. Avoid that sun like a vampire and use plenty of moisturisers!
    Sally

Turned 60 in February and still going strong. Well my body isn't quite up to snuff but I'm doing fine. My hair is all my own and shoulder length, I have highlights in it which I love. I too pass for a much younger person when dressed. And I feel younger when dressed

margo