Thread: Question ? Re Friendships

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Married to SO Rufusrabbit Rebeccarabbit's Avatar

Question ? Re Friendships

Just interested ?
    Do you have real time CD/TS/TG friends? Where you meet up for dressing or coffee and chats. Does anyone go to a local group? Or do you solely use web based forums?. Do any of your real life friends know that you dress?
    The reason I ask is that as a newly married couple both my SO would like to meet people with similar interests as us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="2"]"I am not this body. I am in this body, and this is part of my incarnation and I honor it but that isn't who I am."[/SIZE]

yes I do.... we meet for lunch every so often .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes.
    I am close to many on this forum.
    Some I meet quite regularly...and I consider them my deaest friends.

Yes, I have several CD friends who I have met on this site and other places with whom I meet up for a night or day in the city. It takes a lot of work to find ones that are compatible, complimentary and have similar dressing styles as you, and who want to go out. If you are wanting to do things with your wife, local support groups would probably be a great way to meet people and to network to find those few or many who could fit what you are looking for. Good luck, it is more than worth the effort.

Myself and Ruth would dearly like to make some friends local to us that are also familiar to our situation. To date we have a few friends on Facebook but these are to far away to meet regularly.......we don't know where to start :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="2"]"I am not this body. I am in this body, and this is part of my incarnation and I honor it but that isn't who I am."[/SIZE]

None of my drab-world friends know about Eryn and I'm trying to keep it that way. Too many complications.

I do have CD friends and we get together for a lot of activities, some of which end up as threads on the forum. I also belong to a CD group that gets together once a month. We have great fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Yup, sometimes I get together with CDing friends either en femme or en homme. Neat being able to do that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    Strangely enough, in my regular world I really haven't made any friends that I get together with regularly. But Sue's world is very socially oriented. I belong to a Tri-Ess group and my best friends are among their members. I periodically visit two other groups and have friends there also.

I do enjoy meeting the members from here when they are in town. Each time has been a great get-together. I just met a long term member here last weekend and i had a truly wonderful time. There can be some trepidations about meeting people that you know on-line only, but just start off in a public place and let your comfort level settle in after that.

Due to work pressures and travel our circle of friends has dwindled.
    Before I was married my circle of friends included girls that helped me dress and I had a wider circle that knew nothing of it.
    Now days only a few friends and none know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Do you have real time CD/TS/TG friends?
    Yes

Where you meet up for dressing or coffee and chats.
    Almost anywhere. It depends on who I'm meeting. Some are more comfortable in traditional TG friendly places while others are comfortable in mainstream places. I prefer mainstream places since there are more choices and I like them a better.

Does anyone go to a local group?
    Yes. The River City Gems. Actually, I'm on the board of directors, thus very active in the group.

Or do you solely use web based forums?
    No

Do any of your real life friends know that you dress?
    If you are referring to friends in my male life then no. I have a number of friends who know, but they only know me as a woman. I have way more friends as a woman than as a man. Make sense since I'm 3/4 time.

Real time friends???? Nah, don't have any. . .

But if I did. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    Do you have real time CD/TS/TG friends?
    Yes

Where you meet up for dressing or coffee and chats.
    Almost anywhere. It depends on who I'm meeting. Some are more comfortable in traditional TG friendly places while others are comfortable in mainstream places. I prefer mainstream places since there are more choices and I like them a better.

Does anyone go to a local group?
    Yes. The River City Gems. Actually, I'm on the board of directors, thus very active in the group.

Or do you solely use web based forums?
    No
    Debby

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccarabbit View Post
    Just interested ?
    Do you have real time CD/TS/TG friends? Where you meet up for dressing or coffee and chats. Does anyone go to a local group? Or do you solely use web based forums?. Do any of your real life friends know that you dress?
    The reason I ask is that as a newly married couple both my SO would like to meet people with similar interests as us
    Hi Rebecca,

You are not that far from Brighton where there is a fairly active group called The Clare Project.

There is an informal drop-in every Tuesday although most are during the afternoon which may be too early if one or both of you is at work.

On the first Tuesday of each month, the meeting is later to allow people to go after work and some of them then go on to a local restaurant around 7pm

I won't be at next Tuesday's meeting as I am working late that day, but I would encourage you to go and try it out. You can get a number 7 bus from Brighton Station, getting off at St James Street. Dorset Gardens is the 2nd on your left as you go up the hill. Although we meet in a church, there is no religion in the meetings.

As you probably remember, I was outed in the local press a couple of years ago so all my friends and neighbours know I am TS.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-29-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I belong to several local support groups. I have made a lot of friends, and as an added bonus you get plugged into The Local Scene, meeting many others. Although there are numerous members of this Forum around my area, I don't believe I've ever made an initial contact with one. There are three or four that I previously knew from Various Groups and activities, but I can't count them. Guess I ought to make an effort, and meet some of you people.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Do you have real time CD/TS/TG friends? - No but I'm looking for one or a few to hang out with, do things together & have fun outside & in.

Or do you solely use web based forums? - Yea. many web friends to chat with.

Do any of your real life friends know that you dress?
    - Yea, 2 GG friends know I'm M2F transgendered lez. One is 28 y/o, accepting & intrigued. The other is 33, totally accepting, thinks I'm a hottie & wants to hang out together as girl friends.

Attachment 182670

Yes, I meet up with my CD friends about once or twice a month for a GNO.

Two of my sons know about my cding. My best friend from High School and his wife, also know.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccarabbit View Post
    I don't have any CD friends. I'd think I'd like some, but I'm a big chicken. I used to go to Neutral Corner but don't anymore. Now I just converse on the web. I don't think any of my "regular" friends know, but I think many suspect. I don't care. LOL!

The only CD friends I have are here on the forum. I would like some that I can go out with and chat with about similar topics, but it has not happened yet. In terms of where I would like to meet them I really dont have a preference, probably whatever they are comfortable with. Like AmandaM I have been to the Neutral Corner meetings here in San Diego. I have only been to one since its hard to work it into my work schedule and I have only recently come out of the closet. I have many friends as well as my family that know I dress and are ok with it, but only a handful have seen me or a picture of me while dressed. It has been a huge help coming out to them and feeling ok with myself.

I actually have quite a few TG friends. I run a social group in New Hampshire that I go to twice a month and then I try to get down to Boston at least once a month. Other than going to the clubs we go shopping, out to lunch, and just about anywhere else you can think of. My two best friends know about Sally. One I've known for over 20 years and is very accepting. The other is the first other t-girl I ever met and we became fast friends. About half of my family currently knows too.

There must be some social or support groups near you. You'd be surprised how many of us are out there........
    Sally

Everyone that knows me knows how I live! None are comfortable enough to be seen with me! I guess the real question is; do I have friends!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I guess friends are very impotant. Up until now in life I have only posted on forums. With Ruth now, we so want to meet other people and couples that share our interests.
    I'm a Surveyor so my job is very lone ...........sure I meet interesting people, but so need to talk to people that are like me.
    Becky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    There must be some social or support groups near you. You'd be surprised how many of us are out there........
    It is quite surprising how few CD/TG/TS support groups there are in the South of England. I know people who drive for 2 hours or more to get to their "nearest" support group which is the one I mentioned in Brighton. Now to someone in the good ol' US of A, 2 to 3 hours drive might not seem much, but in England when you have to do it after work and want to arrive before 7 pm it is a big deal.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I now have several friends who dress I meet. Some weekly...they are trying hard to corrupt me.

Many of my friends know and many of my clients know also
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't have any real time friends. I would like to, but there is no way I could get out dressed and I'm lacking a lot of things to do so. I would love to hang with some sisters.

I don't have any CD friends but would really love to have one or two. I live in south western Ontario Canada, near London Ontario and feel that we must live in a zone that is very dry when it comes to Crossdressers. Please, if there are others in this community, let me know. We could start off by communicating on this forum.
    Lonely, Marcie R.