Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do most people even notice

Do most people even notice

I am not a person who normally wears shorts in the summer. So guess what, I have very white legs and they are shaved. Well yesterday I stopped in at a local cosmetics store and bought what I call "tan in a can" to see if it would make me feel better about my untanned legs. Well low and behold when I put it on this morning to try it out they looked pretty darn good. Now for the crux of this post I went out to supper with my wife with my white girl capries on and male shoes of course and nobody seemed to notice. These are above the knee capries and way much tighter than the typical male wears. Even younger gals seemed not to notice that here is an older guy with obvious capri type pants on. What gives ladies? are we so clothes consious that we would notice, and most everybody else doesn't give a hoot? or just not style consious like we are.

How rude would someone have to be to come and hassle someone for what they are wearing? Trust me, people notice. They just don't comment about it to your face.

I was sitting in a crepe shop with a friend when a CDer walked down the street in front of the shop wearing a rocker chick sort of outfit- metal jewelry, slicked back boy bob, eyeliner, cut up sleeveless tee, black leggings. After I looked twice to make sure I hadn't hallucinated Pythos in the four seconds it took for her to walk past, our conversation went thusly:

My friend: 'what a well dressed man!'

Me: 'that takes some guts. I am always proud of cross dressers who go out!'

If she was in the shop would we have said anything? Hell no. At least Not until she left.

I agree with Babeba. Other people follow the same principle that you do, when you see a corpulent person for example. You don't go up to them and tell them that you think they are fat.
    Reine

I do worry about my legs and skin color- but it is a very superficial thing. As long as i do not wear 'short shorts', of which i would love to do, i've never had the least comment. At the gym (albeit more hospital/rehab oriented rather than meat market), i wear running shorts to work out in, and never had a problem.

I guess i am saying: go ahead and take a chance- but with judicious caution.

personally- i'd love to be able to wear the tight/compression duds my wife wears at the gym- good grief does it cut a full third off her (our) age...

Well, what about more unisex kinds of clothes. Can GG's tell if men are wearing women's jeans with plain pockets, stuff like that?

I don't think anyone can tell subtle differences such as male vs. female jeans (unless the femme jeans have pink glitter hearts all over them), or some footwear like brown Birkenstock sandals. I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between a plain white women's vs. men's polo shirt if the women's didn't have darts at the bust.
    Reine

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I think more people notice then you think, but just like others have said they don't say anything. I wear short shorts or womens bell bottoms all the time with a fairly long womens wig. Do people notice? yes they look sometimes, doe's anyone say anything once in a while, I have had several men ask me where I got the bell bottoms because they would like some and I have had a few women compliment my legs. Other than that never anything negative.
    Question though "why doesn't anyone make bell bottoms for men anymore"?

If we dress to blend, the chances of standing out in the crowd are less. If we dress to impress, we stand out and have a much more chance of being made. So even if white capris are worn, they really dont stand out. Wear a white skirt in the same setting and boy you stand out. We know what we are wearing but most people are not going to notice unless something draws their attention to what we are wearing. " a CDer walked down the street in front of the shop wearing a rocker chick sort of outfit-" a GG would draw attention dressed like this also. Just My 2cents.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Since your old...... Most likely people just think your loony. Lo
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They wont say nothing unless there jelous ,,,lol,, So stay away from the plaforms an short skirts cuz that may make um look at you .Capris dont bother them ,,But capris an a killer pair of platform sandles an your treading on thin ice girly girl ,,I hear a cat fight ,,So just stick to the tone down look an yull be fine . I think most people that do say something most of the time know you already an that gives them an OK to say or comment about your outfit . If they ask me why are u wearing that I say Im not telling you ,,,lol,,, Cuz you just jelous becuz your wife wont let u wear it ,,,lol,,, So just hush up an jump ,,,Were at the edge ,,Ohhh that was another thread .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Hi,

Gee Thanks Karren I may be comeing up 65 & yes a loony & weird with it, i do have one advantage i am a woman so can get away with it,.

Paula as a woman if i was looking to see what every one was wearing would i be bothered ...no...i do see things that may look out of place on people so what. i get dressed in my garb now that for sure is way out of style different & very few people wear what i wear . yet its all pretty cool stand out oh yes & i get nice comments, you see its about how you carry your self if your happy then your body will show it ,

Hey im the weird one & im the one whos haveing fun some times i think you have to show your self in ways that dont conform to some unwriten rule of this is how we have to dress not this kid i like weird because i dont conform.

Just be happy in the way you dress, & enjoy your self is that cool .....

...noeleena...

ReineD has it nailed.
    People love to make comments (to themselves for the most part), but they are far too self-conscious themselves to confront someone when they have these thoughts.
    That's why "road rage" is so common. People are in their own little bubble and feel invincible. They will cut you off and such, but they would never do it in line at a bank or the movies because they would have to actually "Face" you and interact.

People notice ... sometimes ... but mostly are afraid to say anything to your face.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

People notice! We all see things when we we are out. the Chubby one with the tight clothes, the old one that dresses like a teenager, the one that needs a bath, or the ones in the ridiculous outfits, with green hair, but who ever confronts these people, not me, and I'll bet you don't either. We take silence as acceptance, but just maybe that's a bit of the old pink for hanging around. Who spends there time going around even wanting to interact with every stranger we see that does not fit the uniform code of society. Let's all just be glad that they don't, it would take up way to much time and energy.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Since your old...... Most likely people just think your loony. Lo
    Well thank you Karren thats my first, and most likely my only laugh outloud today.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    They wont say nothing unless there jelous ,,,lol,, But capris an a killer pair of platform sandles an your treading on thin ice girly girl ,,I hear a cat fight ,,
    Honestly, jealousy doesn't come into it at all. If I see stilettos on a young, sexy woman, I might envy her youth (not the clothes or shoes, since these shoes are available everywhere if I also want a pair):

http://www.moscow-photos.net/Events/...88_35G8z-L.jpg

But if I see stilettos on someone who is not young or not slim, I might think, "Hmm. She shouldn't be wearing those":

http://fatheffalump.files.wordpress....pg?w=412&h=550

Tina B nailed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    People notice! We all see things when we we are out. the Chubby one with the tight clothes, the old one that dresses like a teenager, the one that needs a bath, or the ones in the ridiculous outfits, with green hair, but who ever confronts these people, not me, and I'll bet you don't either. We take silence as acceptance, but just maybe that's a bit of the old pink for hanging around.
    Reine

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I must admit that I feel people see the unusual. If they take a visual "snaphot" of you and nothing seems out of the ordinary, that's all there will be. I wear tight woman's jeans all the time in male mode (without a single flick of the eye of anyone I come into contact with), but they don't have zippers up the inner ankle, no rhinestones, and no pink embroidery.

Tina gets those!!!

Aspiring Member

I am generally oblivious

I typically wear Fem tops, mostly T-shirts or Henley. I like the way they look but especially like the looser neckline, I hate tight things around my neck. Combined with Fem jeans these are well inside my "plain-fem" wardrobe designation. I've never had any negative reactions that I was aware of, I think most people don't even notice. The shirts are all solid colors; bright but solid.

Enjoy life,
    Sandra1746

Banned Read only
    This month there has been some discussion in the media concerning potential ill effects and damage caused by some of the ingredients in 'tan in a can' products.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieBrooks View Post
    If we dress to blend, the chances of standing out in the crowd are less. If we dress to impress, we stand out and have a much more chance of being made. So even if white capris are worn, they really dont stand out. Wear a white skirt in the same setting and boy you stand out. We know what we are wearing but most people are not going to notice unless something draws their attention to what we are wearing. " a CDer walked down the street in front of the shop wearing a rocker chick sort of outfit-" a GG would draw attention dressed like this also. Just My 2cents.

BobbieB
    It wasn't really that outlandish, it was pretty normal for this city. We get all types here. It was more that I saw a very masculine face/throat first. And a tiny bit more arm hair than I would expect.

Anyway, my point is - there are ladies on here who post how devastated they are with everything when people have knowing smiles, or talk to them because they are CDing, and then there are people who figure NOT getting these reactions mean they pass perfectly? That's pretty silly.

Also: women's pants and capris are far more tightly fitted than men's, quite often sit at other parts of the torso as well. There are some capris and pants I will know off the bat are girl's if I see them. Ditto shoes and especially sandals. Don't think you are as invisible as you think!

The trick is that if you don't care what people say when you are not around, it is totally fine. But just because people are polite or plain old don't care doesn't make them dumb or blind.

OMG, why did you post that, now I'm going to be jealous the rest of today and probably tomorrow. I WISH that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    OMG, why did you post that, now I'm going to be jealous the rest of today and probably tomorrow. I WISH that was me.
    Ahh! I just realized something. Not to take this thread too far off topic, but since jealousy/envy was mentioned earlier I thought I'd mention it. The reason so many CDers believe that GGs are jealous of them is because THEY are envious of young beautiful women. And so if they feel they've accomplished the look either partially or fully, they assume that women feel the same way they do. Those who make these statements are transferring their own feelings onto genetic women.
    Reine

People notice all right.

Out at the mall with my husband [ in full dress with wig, she looked good !] anyhow, I went to the counter at JC. Pennys and all three sas were so enthralled with Tea , I was ignored.
    Next time I don't care what I'm buying , she pays !

Next time you're out , have a friend walk 10 steps behind you , you'll understand some people really dig it , but they won't tell you.

Presh GG

Reine, we were posting at the same time, I Soooo agree.
    P

People notice a lot of thngs, but how important is it to them? Someone might notice my Capris worn in male mode, or my clear-polished nails, etc. but is it important enough that they will even mention it? Even if they do, what are they going to say? "Ewww, that guy is well groomed!"?

At worst, I provide someone with a few seconds of amusement. That's not all that bad of a thing. I like people-watching as much as the next person!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hello Paula,

If I may. Think about what you notice. Would you notice, do you notice when you see a trans person? Its is similar with accents. If you can hear theirs, they can hear yours.

I notice allot, if not everything. I bet you looked nice, and than you were with your wife which defuses the situation.

Go out with a man and be his date, wear your tight capri's and see what the reaction is....Honey if you are not in the East Village you are going to get allot of attention and stares and comments.

Noemi
    polythene pam

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Ahh! I just realized something. Not to take this thread too far off topic, but since jealousy/envy was mentioned earlier I thought I'd mention it. The reason so many CDers believe that GGs are jealous of them is because THEY are envious of young beautiful women. And so if they feel they've accomplished the look either partially or fully, they assume that women feel the same way they do. Those who make these statements are transferring their own feelings onto genetic women.
    Maybe, or maybe they're just biotches.