Thread: Thank you! I went out in public!

Thank you! I went out in public!

Well, it wasn't much, but after reading a post by a CD here who had a neighbor clock him and seeing all the support from you all I did take a walk en femme from my third floor apartment to my garage and back. Not much and no one saw me but it felt wonderful. A beginning!

Hey, do be careful.
    The world is not a accepting.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Good for you Sasha! Hopefully bigger and better things will come from your beginning.

-Bree

Congrats It is liberating to finally take that step....are there TG support groups in your area?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Yes, this site will do that to you!!! I also while lurking here did the same thing. Will never forget the way my heart was beating.LOL May you have many more pleasurable outings.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Good for you Sasha, but really do be careful in your own area where friends may see you, be prepared. In complexes with garages be extremely careful about late night excursions. Yes the first time out is the one you will remember for a very long time.

You get an ATTA GIRL for sure.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

yeah! welcome to the forum!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Good for you! The world didn't stop turning Yake your time and have fun

welcome
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well, that's a start.
    Not only do many uf us worry about passability, that dreaded word, we worry about overcoming our own fears and our sense of self.
    Peace, love & good luck!

Thats great just did that myself next time go out get in the car and go for a ride enjoy Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Platinum Member
    Thats a goos first step out. Don't worry about the world accepting you. In my experience people are focused on their own lives and rarely notice us. Those that do overwhelmingly choose to let it pass.

Dear Sasha,
    Just take it one step at a time and be careful.It is fun to dress and being outside of your safe zone is a major step in the right direction. I agree, don't look back, just take it slow.

Take care,

Banned Read only
    Sasha Daaaling
    The expierence is just beyond explanation. I mentioned on another post that night before last I also venture outside my home in femme and walked the grounds. I dont have nieghbors so that was not an issue. As far as the rest of the ladies here saying be careful I agree. You may never know some freak may wig out and think hes found him a trick. My suggestion..... carry brass knuckles in your purse in case you need to drop him. A good knee job also works vey well.

Thera

One step at a time.
    We all must learn to walk before we can run.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Congratulations Sasha!!

I was out today as i wear womans clothes about half the time.I am 6ft and 270 and there is no way i can pass well but i try i have long hair and i wear skirts alot.when i am on vacation and driving i get gas go thru toll boths and drive ups.My nails and toes are painted and i wear open toed sandles,i started out just going to walmart late at nite in a black skirt,it just depends on the day the women in the stores are always nice and i try to go to khols,i get my shoes from payless.I think its because i live alone and drive truck that it makes not alot of difference if someone saw me.

I ventured out last night for the first time in almost two years. It is surprising how easy it is if, you take time to carefully apply your makeup and dress conservatively, so you don't draw attention. Be brave and go with confidence. After a couple of times you will see how comfortable it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Darling View Post
    Well, it wasn't much, but after reading a post by a CD here who had a neighbor clock him and seeing all the support from you all I did take a walk en femme from my third floor apartment to my garage and back. Not much and no one saw me but it felt wonderful. A beginning!
    Good for you. This will probably be the first of many adventures out. Take a camera with a self timer and get a few pgotos each time, then study them to see how you can look better.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    So what is it that gives us that sublime feeling of being out dressed En Femme? My whole body tingles and i walk on air. Last week I went downtown on a Saturday night dressed to the nines, but not overdoing it. Several funny things happened. This Rube in a backwards baseball cap was stalking me and I was very aware. It turned out he was very harmless and confused. At a sidewalk cafe three ladies oogled me LOL. One said very pretty dress dear. Well you know I just had to stop and say thank you. They invited me to sit for a drink, but I had to meet someone so I declined. Lo and behold they call into the pub for Luis to come out and meet me. I was in my element. I know I did not pass, it really did not matter. No one was laughing, just a pleasant conversation and I was on my way again. I like to imagine hat on the boulevard I passed to some and others respectfully read me.
    Looking forward to another day out, this time New Hope, Pa for the day. Just have to pick the right dress, it's hot here!
    I found I have the best time going out alone, but it's always nice to meet up with others for a drink. One tip, stay sober and aware while out En Femme.

the more you out the further you want to go.......have fun

Sasha, my first step out the door was after midnight to bring the refuse bins in from the street. It seems trivial now, but it was thrilling then! I was OUTSIDE!

Do be careful about where you go out dressed. If you don't want your neighbors to know you might want to make your next adventure someplace further away. I don't go out of my house dressed now except to get into my car and drive out of Eryn's "no-fly-zone"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]