Thread: Today I did something I have never done before

Today I did something I have never done before

I got dressed up in the middle of the day and went out and did my my grocery shopping. Its kind of hot here so decided to not work outside (lots of stuff to do) and I worked up my courage and actually got my makeup on in a little over half an hour. When I walked into the supermarket there were lots of people shopping but being it was a Sunday I thought it would be kinda sparse. WRONG lots of couples and kids. I didn't turn around and run just decided to do it. the only thing I forgot to do was put on my regular glasses when i went in so was half blind looking for the stuff I needed. But just blundered about and found everything I needed. It was a very FUN thing to do. I have shopped in a different supermarket very late at night while dressed as they are pretty much deserted then but this was new for me. Well guess what it will happen again except next time I won't forget my proper glasses. this is what I wore today in fact still have it on. On the down side I spent 114.00 but now I have enough for most of the month.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sunday here is a big shopping day especially since today was the first of the month and all the food stamp people are there getting their "first of the month" shopping done. If you went looking like that no one thought anything but one more lady doing her shopping and nothing more. you look quite presentable in the Pic.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Banned Read only
    Good for you Paula
    You go girl

Thera

Good for you! I have not worked up the courage yet to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula T View Post
    the only thing I forgot to do was put on my regular glasses when i went in so was half blind looking for the stuff I needed. But just blundered about and found everything I needed.
    Now you get home and discover all those new and exotic things you bought when you couldn't read the labels! New taste adventures to match your shopping adventure!

Good on you girl! Isn't getting out fun?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well at least the intercom didn't say "cleanup isle Three" LOL Glad you had a new experience, and no problems.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Way to go Paula! Glad you had fun! The picture shows a lovely lady dressed for shopping! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Nice going girl. You're a credit to your gender![/SIZE]

This is why I avoid going to stores on weekends, CDing or not. Too crowded. For me, the best times are on weekdays in the earlier part of the day.

Good for girl, life too short not to do and dress as you like, soundsn like noone even care if you were dress as a pretty woman, way to go, hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

This is wonderful news. So glad you go out. Food shopping is always fun to me, got to eat! You look nice in your picture. Thanks.

Noemi
    polythene pam

After doing the grocery shopping I stopped at a CVS pharmacy to get some new eyeliner and lip liner. It was pretty emty in there and the gal that was on the front counter was busy when I came in. I found my stuff and when I went to pay for them there was a slight miscalculation which was taken care of quickly. I was tempted to ask the sales gal when exactly she realized i was not a GG. She was very nice and pleasant but I just chickened out. Have any of you gals ever asked a stranger that you encountered like a sales associate this question?