Today, he went back home because my sister got home. We did have a little spat because he mis behaved. We had an incident where he locked himself in a bedroom in the house and would not come out. Ehh.....kids. I finally got in because he was in my kid's bedroom, where I needed to get things for them. Too bad I pushed the door open and put a small hole in the bottom due to him stacking things on the other side, and a sharp point on a wood chair got it. Argghh! Now I have to repair a hole in my door. Shouldn't be too hard, but frustrated that I have to.

He's been a good kid until today. I know I am the only father like figure he will ever have. My brother doesn't have an interest in kids like I do. I love them, and have two of my own. It's hard, but he even called me after he got home to apologize for acting in that way. This whole week really brought us both closer together. That's what this was all about. I wanted him to know that his dad may have left long ago, but he has had a dad all along.