Thread: Where to buy a wig in UK?

Where to buy a wig in UK?

Dear Girls

Where is the best place in the UK to buy a wig? I would so prefer to do it person (not online) to ensure it works for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the UK for good wig shops that are TG friendly?

Thanks
    Natasha

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    It partly depends in what part of the UK you find yourself. If I recommend the shop I use in Brighton, that would be no good to you if you live, for example, in Llanfairpwllgwyngylgogerychwynodrobwlllantisiliogo gogoch
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-02-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: sp
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

After a few mistakes with cheap places... I went to www.hothair.com... online but they do have outlets... not had a bad purchase yet... but there may be better! The hair I have in my avatar is their 'Chanelle'...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Despite being small, the UK *is* still quite large, if within range of Sandhurst I can't recommend Beesley Wigs enough, wonderful, understanding, and helpful staff
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Silver Member
    OMG, sweetie. The United Kingdom? Where to shop? There must be thousands and thousands of wig shops in the UK.

Even if you meant only the island of Britain, there still must be innumerable places to buy. Go to any one, for goodness sake. Wig shops sell wigs. That's what they do. Want to buy a wig? Go to a wig shop!

Apologies ladies, I was looking for information in London and the South East, although I am often all over our fair island.

Thank you for your advice
    Natasha

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Apologies ladies, I was looking for information in London and the South East, although I am often all over our fair island.
    Well Natasha,

In that area, you certainly encompass Brighton and you would get a warm and friendly welcome at BoyGirl in Imperial Arcade just opposite Churchill Square. If you come to do your wig shopping on the first Tuesday of the month, you could follow it up with a visit to the Clare Project and join us for a meal afterwards.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Dear Girls

Where is the best place in the UK to buy a wig? I would so prefer to do it person (not online) to ensure it works for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the UK for good wig shops that are TG friendly?

Thanks
    Natasha
    Doreen Fashions in Lea Bridge Road, Leyton in dear old Londinium town.
    http://www.doreenfashions.com/

They are very CD friendly. I went with my better half and the 2 ladies in there didn't bat an eye lid.
    In fact, they couldn't have done more......fantastic actually!
    It was recommended to me by Rachellegsep and seriously, they are great.
    Externally, it doesn't look much, but couldn't have wished for a better experience.
    I bought 2 Jordin Rene while I was there.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Where the sun sets Christina..x's Avatar
    I would maybe consider shopping online ? As its far more cheaper and the range of wigs u can get are better
    [SIZE="2"]Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it.[/SIZE]