Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and you are?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

...and you are?

A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?

Just a regular ol' CD. Don't feel like "a woman trapped in a mans body" or anything

Who cares.
    Gender is obsolete, IMHO.
    I do both genders .
    I can't speak for others. I don't know what I am, it doesn't matter. I just go as I go.
    I am happy

I think it's a fair question! I am the woman inside me! She's got more control then I do! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I think it's a fair question! I am the woman inside me! She's got more control then I do! Hugs!
    I agree I am the same way .
    Mistybtm

I dont know if i fit either of those ,,I love womens styles and how it feels to be a women ..when im dressed im Tina, Im as pretty as i can be and im happy as i've ever been ..When im Tina all dressed up and out in the world ,I dont even think about the fact that im male ,Im totally a girl for a few precious hours ,and i love how it it feels ..
    "Girls will be boys ,boys will be girls its a mixed up world its a shook up world" {Kinks}

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I must say that I have become confused over this in recent months. At present I just have a difficult time knowing where I am. I know that I must present male at specific times, but my mind is not always male oriented at these times. I guess this means there is a woman in there who needs expression. My confusion is what level of control is expected to be there, if any? Do any of you have this control issue? Is it even an issue, or is it a blessing. Is this what Nathalie describes?

Sorry Diana, not a simple question here, or at least no simple answer, just more questions.

Hugs, Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I don't know. I have no idea what "feeling like a woman" or, for that matter, "feeling like a man" is. I feel like me. I want to express myself in certain ways that violate the social norms assigned to my body. I do that as best that I can with what I have.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am ME! Yes, I am a male, but I do like to wear feminine things. However, I have no desire whatsoever to actually be a woman! Sure I have gone out in public dressed and looking exactly like a female, thanks to my dear late wife! But that is the closest I have ever been to being a woman! Now that my dear wife has passed on, I go out in public dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am! No makeup and no wig!!

At my age and experience, I certainly know what it feels like to be a man! But I have no idea what it feels like to be a woman, and don't care!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I don't know. I have no idea what "feeling like a woman" or, for that matter, "feeling like a man" is. I feel like me. I want to express myself in certain ways that violate the social norms assigned to my body. I do that as best that I can with what I have.
    I fully agree with Eryn. I wouldn't know what feeling like a woman is because I've never been one. I know what it feels like to be me, but I don't know if that matches with what other men feel about themselves, because I'm only me. So I guess I'm a crossdressing male who presents sometimes as what others would perceive, I hope, as a woman.

Michaella

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There is definitely a piece of my mind that sees herself as a woman. It only seems logical that to find out all about this woman in my head we have to let her express herself. It is really a fascinating experience, and one that is an adventure of discovery each time Tina takes over my/our existence!

Makeup addict!
    I've thought about it for some time, and I think I've concluded that I'm just a guy who dresses up and presents himself as a woman. I've never felt like I'm in the wrong body, though I sometimes joke about sharing a body with a girl

All guy here. The only woman in this house is my wife.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hi,

Im noeleena, Loch-head, Who lives in Waimate N Z who spent over 46 years in the building sector & retired , in just over a month ill be 65, im a intersexed woman , female from birth & with some male facial features , i knew what i was from age 10 & live as a normal woman whos accepted in to socity very nicely ,

A menber of many groups with a membership of over 1000 people,so pretty well known, plus world wide, not just in the trans
    community

.we Jos & i have 3 grown up adults & 9 grandkids, 16 in all in our family,
    I have a veired life with in our groups two i love dressing in times past. & make my own clothes & garb,

Im happy content & a woman who is strong enough to be one,

...noeleena...

I'm just me I guess. When I dress, I do tend to feel and act more femme. When in guy mode, I don't think about it unless something catches my eye(ladies clothing dept, pretty GG's, shoes, sale sign's, etc.). Uh-oh...there I go again. See ya later.

All woman inside here, just now waiting to make the outside match the inside.

-April
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

I've never really felt that I was born in the wrong body or anything.

I have a biological male body and socialization. But with a VERY strong feminine side.

Sometimes, I think I have a male brain and a female soul... though I'm not REALLY sure what that means.

"Gender identity is measured on a continuum between female and male (Eyler & Wright, 1997). It is likely “hardwired into the brain at birth” (Rudacille, 2005)"

The difference between CD and TS is where you fall on the continuum with the TG continuum made up of any who "bend away" in identity from their biological sex toward it's opposite.

Identity is the catalyst that creates the behavior and this is predetermined by the constitution one is born with.

To "be" CD is to emulate and to emulate is a behavior that is an expression of falling halfway on the continuum between male and female ( the male with the female within ) Interchangeable movement between two poles but not comfortable with either so like a pendulum that swings back and forth balance (contentment) is found through movement.

To "be" TS is to remain in mind but not body as female because the body sex and the mind/brain sex that identity is dependant on happen at different times during fetal development so male identity is impossible to adopt but is possible to emulate albeit with effort and consequences, often destructive as self deception tends to be.

Those who are CD were partially changed from female to male in mind and those who are TS were not changed at all.

For me TS hands down, the clothes will not protect my mental health to the degree they would someone who is CD, only physical changes to my body combined with the clothes do.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post

The difference between CD and TS is where you fall on the continuum with the TG continuum made up of any who "bend away" in identity from their biological sex toward it's opposite.
    I call myself a crossdresser however I also consider myself transgender because I don't dress just to get my freak on and such. I've been doing this since I was about 14. I really enjoy being dressed and made up and I love long hair. Painting my nails is awesome - hence my screen name. I love lots of girl clothes but lacy, frilly, large impractical dresses and gowns also make me swoon. There is a woman inside of me and I love her. I also like the man but he still exhibits some female traits. So maybe using the continuum as a guide I may also be a bit TS as I would like to be a woman sometimes and certainly CD as I love to play dress up - even if its just girl jeans and pink t-shirt while I read or do things around the house.

Judging by the responses here there are as many types of people here as there are out in the "regular" world and as such there is no simple answer. We are all who we are and while we all have things in common we have as many things that make us unique.

The fact that we are growing in this together and learning from one another is far more important than the label we may choose or choose not to use.

I wish you all a happy day and hugs all around.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?
    I like to "dress up" and present as a woman. I don't feel like I should have been born a woman or anything like that.

Even though I fantasize about having a woman's body at times, I still think and act like a male. I wouldn't want to give birth.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Hi Diana, I've only been dressing for 65yrs. I still haven't figured it out yet.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well, I'm absolutely, totally 100% myself Hon. What that eventually means is anyone's guess but right now it equals happiness.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Hi!
    I am pushing 70 and have not lost that loving feeling of being En femme. I am not as pretty as I once was, but I still love pretty clothes that flatter my body type. I love dresses and skirts and do not try to blend. I want to be seen and engaged in conversation. Much of my dressing is here at home in the early hours. By noon I am back in male mode. Evenings out are the best times, like Cinderella I dread the stroke of Midnight. I do enjoy gatherings at "Rainbow Mountain" but much rather be out in the mainstream of life.

I'm just me. Don't really care to put a label to it anymore because somebody will disagree. So I am a ?????

Platinum Member
    I will sound like a broken record - but I think of gender as a broad multi-dimensional spectrum rather than polar basis. If I had to plot my location in that spectrum, it would probably be towards the TS. Or to put it another way, I'm a mix of genders but the blend includes a very significant % of feminine.