Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and you are?

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    I am me. I don't fit anyone's predefined status. In my mind I feel more like they say a woman should feel. But I like being me, most the time, and that includes both of me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Labels, labels, labels....if you want labels go to the supermarket. They have plenty on the shelves.
    I'm me and that's all I care about.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am male. But there is a part of me that is female. That's why I dress. Not sure I can define it. Many women have stated over the years that I am very sensitive and a good listener unlike most males. I like where I am at and have no plans to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I don't know. I have no idea what "feeling like a woman" or, for that matter, "feeling like a man" is. I feel like me. I want to express myself in certain ways that violate the social norms assigned to my body. I do that as best that I can with what I have.
    I fully agree with Eryn. I wouldn't know what feeling like a woman is because I've never been one. I know what it feels like to be me, but I don't know if that matches with what other men feel about themselves, because I'm only me. So I guess I'm a crossdressing male who presents sometimes as what others would perceive, I hope, as a woman.

Michaella

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There is definitely a piece of my mind that sees herself as a woman. It only seems logical that to find out all about this woman in my head we have to let her express herself. It is really a fascinating experience, and one that is an adventure of discovery each time Tina takes over my/our existence!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I think it's a fair question! I am the woman inside me! She's got more control then I do! Hugs!
    I agree I am the same way .
    Mistybtm

Neither, just a guy, who likes the feel and idea of womens clothing. That's how it started, these days, i realize I like the "look". Female clothing has way more options for being sexy in a body displaying way, I want to primp and preen, I want to be a peacock, I want to be noticed. ( this is difficult for me, because the other side of my personality is more than a bit introverted. ) I wish women did wolf whistles. I had a teenage girl say "nice butt!" as i rode past in my bike shorts the other day, she might have been sarcastic, but i called back "thanks!" anyway.

The other day, for a "special occasion" I took the opportunity to wear a very, daring ( bright ) pair of shorts. I got a few laughing OMG's, but many more compliments, ( apparently genuine ) from the girls. It was a good day.

These days I don't know. I feel strongly that it's the former, but the fact that the latter is present in my thoughts makes me wonder.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I will sound like a broken record - but I think of gender as a broad multi-dimensional spectrum rather than polar basis. If I had to plot my location in that spectrum, it would probably be towards the TS. Or to put it another way, I'm a mix of genders but the blend includes a very significant % of feminine.
    If you mean by "multi-dimensional" that it's not just gender identity, but orientation, attraction, personality, physiology, etc, etc. Then i agree, and it can get very complex and confusing. the world is only recently coming to understand this. It's a slow process.

Not trapped but some of her is present

"Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself?"
    Great question, Diana, although I do agree with other posters that there is too emphasis on labels everywhere.
    I know I'm a guy, but the "feminine side" that everyone joked about years ago is real to me. Maybe the clothes make me at least think that I'm understanding a bit more about what it's like to be a woman. Maybe they change the way I view males and the world at large.
    Then again, maybe I just love the clothes. Skirts are wonderfully comfy, particularly in summer. Heels help my posture. The fabrics in the tops, skirts and dresses are smooth, light and flowing. Plus the combination possibilities are endless. Those are benefits guys generally can't enjoy. And, my two pairs of wedge sandals rank right up there as favorites with my hunting boots. I like to think that I'm a guy enjoying both worlds.

"A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?"

I am def w/o a doubt as are you. I am the latter, Diana. And when I express myself it is to the fullest extent. He goes 'away' somewhere and it is all ME.

Attachment 183010
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 07-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Earlier in my life I would've answered CD only. Over the years, as I un-peel the layers obscuring my true self or maybe as I evolve, I feel more female in my core than male. But how would one really know? I don't think I can objectively observe myself and come to a conclusion about a specific label or bin. So as with most of the wise replies to this post I guess I am what I am, independent of the labels.

I'm an otherwise typical male who was conditioned as a child to believe that I was supposed to be a girl, so I always feel like I should be dressed as one and behave as one. Despite knowing why I'm so screwed up, that doesn't make the feelings go away, as apparently some things that go on during certain stages of development become a permanent part of our personalities.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

A little bit of both. Sometimes I really like my male self and am content, other times I really need to be feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?
    I am absolutely a woman in a man's body. Sophia is who I am, and I just pretend to be the other me.

Not a simple question for me, I dont really think about it much anymore.

Usually after a long break it may feel like the inner woman is getting out;
    she never really goes away but its nice to see her in the mirror once in awhile.
    The man presenting as a woman thing happens when I schedule a nite; then when the day comes I just really dont feel like dressing.

I think I have traits of both genders that are there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?
    That's easy - I'm a CD dressing up, and sometimes presenting as female.

Tash

I am a miss asighned lipstick lesbian...

Which am I? I don't know. And, I have given it much thought.

But, much like Katrina, when Susan is out in the world, the enjoyment I experience far exceeds the hum-drum existence of the drab me. Shopping, interfacing with others, tending to errands, etc. are all much more enjoyable when Susan does them. I've found that's too good for me to give up.

I have always been more sensitive than the other males with whom I grew up. I don't find enjoyment in the "manly" activities that some enjoy. Yet, I don't feel that I'm a female in a man's body. It's just me in here.

Regardless whether I'm en drab or en femme, it permeates my thoughts everyday. I'm never unaware of my duplicate identity. I don't know the reason. I don't understand why. I don't know which I am. And, it's unlikely I will ever solve the puzzle.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

I am a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman.
    Hugs, Carole

I am a man who chooses to wear female clothes for his own reasons. Both to express who he is and for comfort reasons.

I am at the end of the day just being me and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I'm an otherwise typical male who was conditioned as a child to believe that I was supposed to be a girl, so I always feel like I should be dressed as one and behave as one. Despite knowing why I'm so screwed up, that doesn't make the feelings go away, as apparently some things that go on during certain stages of development become a permanent part of our personalities.
    +1 this!

I do think I got imprinted at about age 8? As that was when i had my first "erotic" daydream that I remember, and it included being "dressed" sorta, in girls clothes. That's not the whole answer I'm sure, but definitely it has it's roots, and most of it's power over me from then.

I have no idea. I like makeup and nail polish, and many women's clothes. It gets confusing to really analyze it beyond that, and I question whether it's healthy or productive to do so. For me, now, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am a transsexual woman.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I am a man who likes dressing and presenting as a woman. Passing as a woman is a passion, but I know there are limits and realities. Beyond that, I love wearing women's clothes.
    I consider myself transgender in the sense that I can assume either a male or female persona without conflict and enjoy both roles. I do not feel that I am a woman trapped in a man's body, but rather I am not either very masculine or feminine, just about in the middle.
    man, i feel like a woman