Thread: Bad Annalogies: BRAVEHEART Edition

Will this void warranty? Anna Talyn's Avatar

Bad Annalogies: BRAVEHEART Edition

[SIZE="4"]Question: What is being a crossdresser like?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Answer: I suppose it's a lot like being William Wallace.[/SIZE]

William Wallace was a Scottish rebel who after losing his loved ones fighting for freedom from cruel oppression, devotes his life to freeing his countrymen for once and all. The mythic movie adaptation of the tale leaves us with an inspirational speech to inspire all to fight for freedom. His movie speech is still epic.

Wallace: Sons of Scotland, I am William Wallace.

Young soldier: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.

Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight? Against that? No, we will run; and we will live.

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

Wallace and Soldiers: Alba gu bra! (Scotland forever!)

-

As a tall person I do feel 7 feet tall in heels but I never have shot lightning from my arse. I also have not applied blue and white makeup to my face in quite that manner. I have however felt the tyranny of our society and fight a secret inner battle against myself and against intolerance and hate. I stand for acceptance in all forms and like the armies of many of our folk, have thought of running to live another day. This has led me to wonder if looking back later in that life I would trade it all to fight for my chance at freedom to just be myself. To truly live!

So I have run from the battle this far in my external life. Fighting many internal battles along the way. Anna has won a few through the years and I respect that more and more. I am not dying in my bed yet. Can William Wallace (or Mel Gibson) inspire me to tell my enemies (internal and other) that they may have taken most of my female side to date, but they will never take my freedom!!!

So what would you do with your freedom? Will you stand for acceptance of personal freedom?

"So what would you do with your freedom?"

Enjoy whom I have become. Only I can take that away.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

"Will you stand for personal freedom"

In the UK this is becoming an increasingly difficult issue and maybe we need another William Wallace, although the Mel Gibson version of events is more fiction than fact!

And I am not just talking about dressing. Our government wants to get out of the EU human rights legislation (which we instigated) so they can do what the hell they like. I worry about how little attention our public are paying to the sweeping away of individual rights that has been happening in this country for the past 2 decades.

Sadly, we all know what happened to WW. Maybe this is why we have no politicians with any backbone anymore. The only time they do stand firm is to protect their own self interests.

In the UK, there are now three categories of userers and scum... the press, the bankers, and the politicians... a sorry state of affairs that will take decades to work through. Especially as they make-up the 'traditional' ruling elite... a hang-up we still have from Norman times!

As a descendant of the Vikings, why don't we kick some arses and make some progress?

Home rule for Yorkshire and all the ruling elite should be CDs!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I am there right now with personal freedom. There is nothing more they can take from me. I've served my country above and beyond. They may be able to take my life but they can never take my spirit. We stand as paradigms of what humanity can accomplish by truly knowing ourselves.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kate, I so agree! It is about how we see ourselves and how we choose to act. If we act according to belief, then we are truly at one.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Sounds like it is high time for Boadicea to rise again Kaz. Within us are those female warrior spirits my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I thought this movie quote also applies well

Stephen: The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people.

I believe I've stood up for my fight, but I certainly want to avoid the William Wallace ending!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I believe I've stood up for my fight, but I certainly want to avoid the William Wallace ending!
    I was thinking precisely that! Not exactly the kind of surgery *anyone* here would want!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aye, well certainly not a fitting ending for a lady. Standing for what is right though, a fine way to live.

I sometimes think with all the technology out there we may be all be found out ( by being on the net ).But until then even my in little closet as long as i acceppt myself i shall remain free
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I think fighting for freedom is important .

I also think we have to choose our battles carefully when we can. Some have no choice by being outed.

Unfortunately the press can very troublesome in this regard. I have friends who have suffered due to there need for a story. Fighting them is difficult unless you have a lot of money. Helping people understand is a key component. I like to think being out there and interacting with people in the same was as any woman would, changes the perceptions of some.

Lets hope our efforts are not in vain
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations