Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Halloween costume idea!

My Halloween costume idea!

I am thinking of going as Princess Daisy for Halloween! I've had a crush on her since I was a kid. I was talking with my wife, and she likes to play the mario games still. When we have kids over, like my niece or nephew, we all play mario party, and I'm always Daisy. So, she made the comment of her going as Peach. I told her I would go as Daisy with her. She liked the idea. Now, the problem is making it. I have to get it tailored through ebay, and buy new hair. Like I won't enjoy doing THAT.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jessica86; 07-03-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Makeup addict!
    That's a great idea! I've been thinking of being Princess Peach or Zelda for halloween myself

Sounds adorable! Make sure you post pictures here when you get the costume!
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

I love the idea! Go for it!
    I was thinking of dressing up as a man but that sounds very boring! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

That's great if you have somewhere to go for Halloween.

As much as I would like an excuse to dress up (as a woman) and leave the house with my wife, I have no place to go and if friends had a party, I'm a afraid they might catch on if I did too good a job of dressing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I love the idea! Go for it!
    I was thinking of dressing up as a man but that sounds very boring! Hugs!
    LOL! Yes, i have been doing that for Halloween for years and find it very boring as well!
    Last edited by TiffanyGreene; 07-03-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Clarification

I think it is a wonderful idea, especially since your wife is fully on board with the idea.

Platinum Member
    Linda, I'm with you on this one. Halloween is always an evening of handling out candy at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's great if you have somewhere to go for Halloween.

As much as I would like an excuse to dress up (as a woman) and leave the house with my wife, I have no place to go and if friends had a party, I'm a afraid they might catch on if I did too good a job of dressing.

Gold Member
    Now that is way to cute. Real good thinking. Have Fun.
    Rader

Go for it. I've dressed fem a few times for Halloween at work, once as a Hippie chick, once as our retired office manager (the girls in the office did my makeup). The last time I did Mimi from the Drew Carey Show, loud dress, blue eyeshadow, bow in the hair & all. Trying to figure how to top that this year lol. Last year I did Groucho so if I come up with something femme thats cool. Peach may be a bit too much work though.

I do have an idea for the hair get a cosplay wig just for this costume but get some "hair" same color for the poofing part you can use tulle to make it more stiff looking and a touch of hair spray don't be afraid to sew with the purchased "hair" to get it just right. The crown should not be a metal but probably a stiff upholstery material and you can nail it!

I love it! It'll be very well received, I'm sure. And do it even if you aren't going to a party. You're allowed to be in costume on Halloween even if all you do is stay home and hand out candy.

Umm...just Maybe just a lil early to be thinkn along the lines of 'Halloween' dontcha think? God...it's like SUMMERTIME honey! Sheesh! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Linda, I'm with you on this one. Halloween is always an evening of handling out candy at the door.
    Dressing as a female and handing out candy from your own home is almost guaranteed to result in a visit from the authorities and your name being placed on a list.

Best to keep this stuff away from your house and away from young children.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Halloween, is amateur night. The best way to start. I love it too. It's easier to go out a some female character, but all you will get is laughter.
    Kinda a chicken way to go, but it's a start for someone. I love Halloween and do go out dressed up as a normal feminine female. I like to go shopping to a club or just stroll main street. It's a time when hearts are open to us, the one day a year many get to let loose. So I am not putting it down per se. Just don't fall into the cartoon character side of dressing girly, try out of the box.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Dressing as a female and handing out candy from your own home is almost guaranteed to result in a visit from the authorities and your name being placed on a list.
    Why do you say that Linda? It may be ill-advised depending on your neighbors, but it isn't illegal. So there is nothing authorities can or should do and there certainly isn't a list of men wearing women's clothes as a costume and handing out candy on Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Why do you say that Linda? It may be ill-advised depending on your neighbors, but it isn't illegal. So there is nothing authorities can or should do and there certainly isn't a list of men wearing women's clothes as a costume and handing out candy on Halloween.
    It's not illegal, but it's not wise. Do you really want your neighbors talking about the "strange man" down the street who dresses like a woman and passes out candy to children? Do you want to risk some overly protective parent calling the police? There will be a report that will be kept on file. Do you really want the hassle?

It's probably not illegal to answer the door naked as long as you remain inside the house, but is it a good idea?

If you are an "in your face" type of person, go ahead and do it. If you would rather avoid confrontation or other unpleasant issues, it's not a wise thing to do.

Let me add - Depending on your social situation, you may or may not have dealt with paranoid parents who thing every adult male is hell bent on sexually molesting their child. I remember a letter to a local newspaper once from a parent who complained that when her young daughter missed the school bus, the school system had a male employee drive her home in a staff car. To me, that was the school system going out of it's way to provide a service. To this parent, it was endangering her daughter.

These are the people you will have to deal with in real life. There's a current thread about a female postal worker who has refused to deliver packages to someone (one of us) who answered the door in a long T shirt and short shorts.
    Last edited by linda allen; 07-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, That's a great looking outfit you will look fantastic.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I really like the idea of the Peach/Daisy combo for Halloween, and I'm curious to see the finished product!

In the off-topic part of this thread, I disagree slightly with Linda. A lot of what you're saying would also apply to simply "being out" in your local neighborhood. I presume you'd have the same concerns about being branded the "strange man down the street who dresses like a woman" if you were to do that. Many people have great reasons not to be out around the place they live, and never to be, but it certainly shouldn't be a rule for CDers in general. If we're to make progress to being more accepted in society, some of us - the ones who are confident in our presentation and more importantly positive about who we are as CDs -, should be encouraged to get out and about, and interact, if we can. Our personal circumstances will always dictate whether or not that's an option though.

As for opening your door at Halloween, a lot of people would be well advised not to do it, whether they CD or not, especially those naked people you referred to. A lot of CD presentations might well come across as creepy, and every situation is unique. But if you present well, and approach it with positivity and cheerfulness, I say feel free. I have no doubt Jessica and her SO would be a hit at Halloween even if all they did was stayed at home and greeted trick or treaters, and the world would be better off for people like them, and I'd argue that the children who visited their house would be better off too. I'll admit it is much easier for a young couple like this to present as "non-creepy" in people's minds, and easier still when it's a couple both dressing up as opposed to just someone on their own.

Anyway, only 118 days to go!

Gold Member
    Well Linda, we are talking about Halloween. Anyone calling the police on you for being in a costume will have the police and the neighbors laugh at them. Men dressing up in women's costumes happens every year. It isn't a mark of a pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    Umm...just Maybe just a lil early to be thinkn along the lines of 'Halloween' dontcha think? God...it's like SUMMERTIME honey! Sheesh! LOL...
    I know right
    I'm thinking about either a nun or schoolgirl.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

Sorry if this is the downer post but how do you manage the courage to go out for halloween perhaps more than once as a female? I have been out twice many years apart and I find it terribly difficult to try even once more.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    When we have kids over, like my niece or nephew, we all play mario party, and I'm always Daisy. So, she made the comment of her going as Peach. I told her I would go as Daisy with her. She liked the idea. .
    And you should make signs for 7 of your neighbors houses labeled Level 1-4, Level 2-4, Level 3-4, Level 4-4, Level 5-4, Level 6-4, Level 7-4, and then Level 8-4 for your house. And the signs should say: "Thank you Mario, but our Princesses are in another castle."

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    Sorry if this is the downer post but how do you manage the courage to go out for halloween perhaps more than once as a female? I have been out twice many years apart and I find it terribly difficult to try even once more.
    It takes practice. I'll admit it can be an unnerving experience. The entire time your mind (or at least my mind) is racing, "Can they see any facial hair? Is my makeup good enough? Did he/she just clock me?" Butt the more you go out the easier it becomes. Sometimes you have to let go and enjoy yurself.

I've never been - how do I put this? I've never specially dressed up for halloween. I still go out, just not dressed in any special costume.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

Emma Renee
    the peach and daisy idea is great i wish i would have thought of that. i bought a ball gown recently cuz i fell in love with it and was thinking of going as a princess for halloween but not to sure now.....