Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best purchase and worst !! Come on don't be shy !

Married to SO Rufusrabbit Rebeccarabbit's Avatar

Best purchase and worst !! Come on don't be shy !

OK Girls fun time !!
    We have all bought things in the bold attempt to feel or become more female! So what was your best investment and your worst..? It could be accessories, clothes anything......we have all done it , myself a few times I am not partial to coming to terms with the odd clanger and the steep learning curve.

I'll start my best is my hair piece, soon to be replaced. My second best was my Slimming World membership it got me in shape. Here goes, my worst was what turned out to be a [simulated female lower anatomy].......please let's not even go there, I don't know what I was thinking of at the time !!!

Love to all Becky x ç
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-03-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Sorry, certain items are not allowed - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="2"]"I am not this body. I am in this body, and this is part of my incarnation and I honor it but that isn't who I am."[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Best purchase...gosh, I'll go with my most recent - Amoena Contact Light Forms. (Runner up would be either of my wigs). Worst purchase, well there's a strong competition there as well. Probably a merino wool sweater dress that looked wonderful on a VS model, but on me, not so much.

I bought a nice pair of high heeled ankle boots (not that nice, from Payless), but they are hidden away and I can't bring them out to show my wife (long story).

My worst - a bra that didn't feel right and a skirt that didn't fit. I donated them to Goodwill.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

A 36a bra for $2 that was a 32.... Wrong size.
    Best buy.... A Co Co Chanel dress for $2.00 again too small for me but it adds class to the other stuff hanging in my wardrobe.
    I have even let GG's try it on for an experience.
    Best useful buy now......Cole of California leopard print swimsuit. A bit retro now but looks great on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My breast forms were the best, they really got me looking more femme, and after that I started investing more time and money in my hobby. My worst was a longline bra that I thought, (hoped), would give me a better look around the bust, but it didn't really work for me.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Like others say, breast forms are my best purchase. Worst would be the pink tutu, which was a pink fog purchase and quickly made its way to Goodwill.

Love this thread..... best was definitely the first corset I bought locally.... getting fitted and having the SA lace me up was just amazing...... the worst..... was not so much the products but how they arrived.... ordered padded panties, a gaff and a pushup bra from a boutique in Vancouver and had it shipped to my office UPS... so I thought.... was checking the status online and noticed it had my home address not my work one!!! before my wife found out ... so I called UPS and told them to hold it for pickup... then they kind of lost it then found it and were going to deliver it to my house..... finally got it held and picked it up... didn't really like what I got anyway.... and almost outted me... sooner and probably worse....
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, I am sure that it was my first wig purchase.
    I still remember the feeling when the lady slipped it over my head and I saw my self in the mirror!
    She said just shave your mustache had your done honey.
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Wig is my best purchase, and I I have a couple of bras that fit really well. Worst purchase I have a few tops and a dress or two that I wonder why I ever bought them

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Best purchase? Wow, that's hard. I try to purchase things that make me go "Wow!" so most of my purchases are great. I guess if one stands out (heh heh), like others, it would have to be my forms. Nothing completes "the look" as much as something that is designed to give to those that ain't got.

Worst purchase? Those that I bought before my confidence level was high enough, and I took the SA's recommendation ahead of my own feelings. Two notable ones were a skirt in a pretty color - that cannot possibly go with anything, and a black top with a keyhole front. Totally, totally wrong.

Kathi

Ok, best I think would be a recent purchase. I have always worn heels, stilettos and such. Recently I bought some wedges with a 4 inch heel, and to me the comfort factor is so much higher. Easier to walk in and much more stable, wish I had tried them sooner.

Worst, i guess there are two. Bought a formal dress with sequins at a thrift shop without trying it on. Got it home aand it was way way too big. I could stuff a pillow under it and it was still loose. The size was written on a tag pinned to the dress for sale, but could not find a sewn in tag anywhere on it with size marked. Obviously was tagged wrong, and it made its way back to the thrift store in the form of a donation. The second bad purchase was a pair of sandals from an overstock type store. I remember the cashier specifically asked if they were for me jokingly, and I said no they are a gift. Got to the car and found out I had two right shoes. Didnt want to go right back in because she would have figured they were for me, so they hit the trash can.

Lesson learned: if I would have tried on the dress or the shoes, both bad purchases could have been avoided. If you cant try them on, at least check and make sure you dont have two left or right shoes in the box!

Aspiring Member

Humorous

My best is a pleated top with bright birds and flowers on a beige background.

My worst was a long-line bra; it gave me a set of "love handles" you had to see to believe.

Enjoy dressing,
    Sabdra1746

Best is my Amoena forms (with my newest wig a close second).
    Worst...??? Probably my first wig from Ebay. It looked great on the model, but then I'm not the model....enough said.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My best purchase by far was my beard-busting laser contract. I'm glad of that one every day.

Worst was probably some stock in Conexant. It went from about $40 U.S. a share to $2.40 currently.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Best purchase was 1500 ounces of gold at 390.00 and my worst purchase was my first wedding.
    I want to be this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    Best purchase was 1500 ounces of gold at 390.00 and my worst purchase was my first wedding.
    Guessing she got 750 ozs in the divorce? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Best, definitely a wig. That's the first time that I looked in the mirror and actually saw Eryn looking back at me.

Worst: A pair of beige ballet flats that looked good in the store, but never left their shoe box once home. They eventually went to the Salvation Army.

I would have chosen the 4" sparkly strappy sandals that rendered two toes numb for several weeks as my "worst," but they looked sooooo good on my feet!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Worst: a skirt/top combo dress that looked just wonderful in the catelog and made me look like a lumberjack in a dress (but at least it started the conversation and what kind of clothes my "inverted triangle" body should NOT be dressed in!).

Best: my first pair of 4.5 in clogs that I still wear! Not only can I transform to Tina just by wearing them, but they are the perfect height/configuration to straighten my back! I haven't had any back issues in the 6 years since we bought those clogs!

Worst was a corset that a SA talked me into that didn't even come close to fitting me....
    Best was probably my Raquel Welch wig.....
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Oh Karren, not a chance, that was a long time ago. We bought this gold just after we married in 1985, had the money and could see the writing on the wall so we put it in metals. Have held it now for 26+ years and it is doing pretty good right now. The ex wife was a nightmare but that was 1976 and long done with that. Current wife can have it all if she decides to not put up with me but that is probably never going to happen, I'm such a "catch", LOL!!!!
    I want to be this girl!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Great purchases, there were more than a few. Probably that black leather skirt i got. The worst , there are probably more since everything i bought and couldn't return is a bad purchase.

Worst, just last weekend. Bought a bra based on the size marked on the hanger rather than on the label. Bit of an ouch trying to get it on before I looked at the real size: four sizes smaller than I thought.
    Best: Denim skirt. It was cheap, and it's a whole lot better than denim jeans. Wear it at least once a week.

Best! Can of Busch!!! Worst! Can of Coors! OK, OK just joking seriousley! My last wig was my best! A size four dress when I knew I wore a size ten was my worse!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Beautiful Girl To Billie SweetNikki's Avatar
    Best: my human hair wig just love it

Worst: A set of Bandeau bras why oh why

Best was size 9 silicone breast forms... awesome! Worst was a mail order corset with cups... don't know what the hell I was thinking!