Thread: Bad Annalogies: Mario Edition

Will this void warranty? Anna Talyn's Avatar

Bad Annalogies: Mario Edition

Bad Annalogies: Mario Edition

[SIZE="4"]Question: What is being a crossdresser like?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Answer: I suppose it's a lot like being Mario.[/SIZE]

Mario is a plumber that travels through a pipe world collecting coins and mushrooms in order to rescue Princess Peach kidnapped by a turtle dragon monster thing, King Koopa. Just when he thinks he found and can free the princess, he finds out that he needs to follow her to another another castle.

Once he does finally free her, she goes and gets kidnapped yet again. Mario receives little reward but he is a hard working blue collar guy just doing what needed doing and with a lot of heart.

This is analogous to crossdressing in that your female side is trapped away and waiting to be rescued. Often times just when you think the rescue is eminent things change and the princess gets locked away again. Along the way power ups (clothes, makeup, accessories etc.) keep you going until that long awaited temporary freedom from the Koopa of society trapped perspectives.

Mario must save the princess, it is in his nature, his very existence is linked to her. Without the princess, Mario would just be a plumber in New York wondering if there is more to life. With Princess Peach to rescue Mario leaps into hero status and does it with good natured humility asking little of the effort. Mario is an everyday hero and being a crossdresser is an Everdyay Epic of adventure, struggle, hope and triumph.

Eventually Mario always comes through and rescues the princess. Will she get locked away again...the saga continues!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I like the way you think! And the way you worked your name into the title, very cute.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...n-costume-idea!

ROFL! Twenty minutes after I posted this. Seems I started a trend??
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

No wonder I'm a crossdresser, I've been playing Mario games since I was about 3 years old
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

It's kind of like the Legend of Zelda also. I'm not a "gamer" but watch my Grandsons play it. Link comes close to finding Zelda only to have to come up against a whole plethora of more bad guys. If one perseveres, Link eventually does find Zelda, however. It's all about learning and experiencing, resolving problems. it's kind of like this "program" we are in. We can leave anytime but we are here to learn feelings and emotions in the illusion of linear time. This gives us something to strive for.In the end we find that we are who we are, who we have been and who we yet will be. Simple really but it's the "game" that makes it interesting and a learning experience.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I like the analogy, if only I could make it to a bonus stage and get more gold coins, these power ups are getting expensive.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

More gold coins needed for more clothes.
    CD'ing is an every day epic for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There are "hidden levels" in mario games as well. After playing in the hidden wirld for a little while, mario must make his way back to the real world. Sigh, such is life...

Ok, that was my feeble attempt at deep thinking!

Love it! Just this morning I was thinking, "I wonder when Anna will come up with another Annalogy?" Perfect timing!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    It's kind of like the Legend of Zelda also. I'm not a "gamer" but watch my Grandsons play it. Link comes close to finding Zelda only to have to come up against a whole plethora of more bad guys. If one perseveres, Link eventually does find Zelda, however. It's all about learning and experiencing, resolving problems. it's kind of like this "program" we are in. We can leave anytime but we are here to learn feelings and emotions in the illusion of linear time. This gives us something to strive for.In the end we find that we are who we are, who we have been and who we yet will be. Simple really but it's the "game" that makes it interesting and a learning experience.
    Link also wears a skirt and tights the whole way through the series. Sure Nintendo call it a tunic, but we know what it really is (plus he wears earrings too)
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Will this void warranty? Anna Talyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    I like the way you think! And the way you worked your name into the title, very cute.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...n-costume-idea!

ROFL! Twenty minutes after I posted this. Seems I started a trend??
    Happy coincidence, Yay Mario! You should totally do the princess peach costume

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    I like the analogy, if only I could make it to a bonus stage and get more gold coins, these power ups are getting expensive.
    True that
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    More gold coins needed for more clothes.
    CD'ing is an every day epic for me.
    Always

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Love it! Just this morning I was thinking, "I wonder when Anna will come up with another Annalogy?" Perfect timing!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Aww, too sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    Link also wears a skirt and tights the whole way through the series. Sure Nintendo call it a tunic, but we know what it really is (plus he wears earrings too)
    I never realized this!

These are fun for me to write and I have a few ideas brewing. Maybe another Bad Annalogy will be out soon. Happy 4th everyone!