Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As a "regular participant" at these Forums...

Banned Read only

As a "regular participant" at these Forums...

do you feel any obligation of any type to help others?

Or not?

I feel no obligation... it is just in my nature?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If they ask for help sure.

I suppose that depends on the type of help needed.
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    do you feel any obligation of any type to help others?

Or not?
    Do you mean just on this forum? Or in real life as well? I tend to be the kind of person that wants to help out, maybe too much.

In real life, the only recent thing which has a bearing on this community, is I sometimes deal with a MtF TS, and i try to behave towards her as I would a GG.

Gold Member
    There are no obligations in being here. If you do anything, it has to be because you want to and possibly find some type of fulfillment. But how can there be an obligation when all you have to do is not log in?

Don't feel obligated at all. However if I feel I can offer anything to help someone asking for it, I will gladly offer an opinion or advise.

I don't feel qualified to offer help of the sort you could find on this forum.

Vieja

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    As a member on the internet forums and social sites - no obligation. I rarely offer help in private messages/emails. However I tend to post tips, suggestions and my experiences on the open boards in which may be helpfull to some

As a Big Sister of the local Masquerade crossdressing group - Yes, especially for the prospective members and new members

As an active member of the local kink and LGBT communities - somewhat, however I tend to point to the sources instead of putting as much effort to help as I do for Masquerade members

I like to help, its part of my nature.

Natasha

Banned Read only
    It's a recurring theme here isn't it?

That many here would LIKE to leave their residence en femme, [and the reason/s don't really matter do they?] but they are AFRAID of being noticed, made, laughed at, outed to friends, coworkers etc. or whatever you want to call it? IF you could help those folks, would you? Many, are likely lurkers at this site. How many here lurked for a while before joining or after joining before jumping into the Forum frey? If there was ANOTHER way to help them?

Another way. As in polls. They used to have them here, I understand and were eliminated for some reason. I believe that ALL folks participating in them could be made to be "honest". IF someone was forced to be honest in their participaion [if they CHOSE to participate] wouldn't polls offer a third leg of reliable, valid info to everyone?

Or would you not have any desire to participate in polls?

EDIT: btw, I DID ask a couple of weeks ago if people trusted both the site itself [the #s] AND the members here and almost everyone said they did. Polls would simply be an added extension of both wouldn't they?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 07-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.

If someone on this forum contacts me, I will help if I am able to, otherwise no.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    That many here would LIKE to leave their residence en femme, [and the reason/s don't really matter do they?] but they are AFRAID of being noticed, made, laughed at, outed to friends, coworkers etc. or whatever you want to call it? IF you could help those folks, would you?
    Nope, I don't want to be accountable of the possible negative consequences and happenings of those who were not actually ready mentally to take the step out of the door. I've seen people blaming and bad mouthing the ones that tried to help them out. I also seen people that had their confidence helped built up by others who supported their "passability/blending in" thoughts go running scared sh*tless (to the point of not crossdressing anymore) after encountering a negative confrontation of some sort.

Wow the real life knowledge I gained thru the years of being so engaged in the local tg community, really shocks me!!!!

Obligated! NO! But helping others is what my life is all about! If I can put a smile on one persons face then I feel I've had a good day! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    Sometimes I do feel an obligation to respond when a thread presents a problem in a relationship. Sometimes posters do not see the adverse consequences of their actions. Then, I feel I and others should ask whether or not the poster has considered other options and is aware of consequences of action or inaction.

Another way. As in polls. They used to have them here, I understand and were eliminated for some reason.
    Mostly because they became blood baths that polarized the group and made the Mod's life a living hell. We just don't play well with each other.

I feel no obligation to help. I think that everyone else here should have an obligation to follow my advice.

I want people here to feel that what they do is not wrong or strange. So I try and show that in the grand scheme of things, going out is really not a world stopper. And if there is a specific question, I will answer if I believe I have a perspective they might use.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nope...I never feel obligated but sometimes I feel the need to.

I'm here to try to help others feel good about themselves since we are a minority.

Not just here but in every area of my life I think about all the people that have helped me along the way and then I think "How could I do that to another human being?"

This is one reason I'm still here due to a NDE (near death experience) in 2005. I was given a directive to help my family and others.I was therefore put in a position wherein I can do this. The point is, however, it's come to where I help others because I WANT to not because I have to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    My point is, Polls CAN be made meaningful, bloodless and a "no hands on" needed or necessary for ANY Moderator.

IF they could be posted to meet all the above criteria, would YOU participate?

It would simply be a choice, YOUR choice to participate. Or not participate.

Yes but I doubt they would re-institute the polls option here. What we had before was pretty messed up and convoluted. We used to have a political section too but that basically became a war zone for personal opinions. I would welcome the polls back if people would behave though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Nope...I never feel obligated but sometimes I feel the need to.

I'm here to try to help others feel good about themselves since we are a minority.
    Good reply Marleena. And I belive we are a dispised minority at that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    Good reply Marleena. And I belive we are a dispised minority at that!!
    It depends who you talk to Crissy. There have been a couple members that say their families, friends and everybody they meet are totally okay with them being a CDer. Maybe I just need to relocate to where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    ...And I belive we are a dispised minority at that!!
    Only by some closed-minded people. Others are more willing to accept us.

Example: I was having dinner with a group of 4 CDers and 2 GGs at a mainstream restaurant. Almost all of the CDers were tall (6-2 to 6-6) so we stood out a bit. A GG diner came over to our table and said how wonderful it was that we could go out and enjoy ourselves as we wished. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome. There are many good people out there.

Now, back to the original question. I don't feel obligated to help, but I like to help where I can. I think of it as saving good karma.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

For myself I would not use the word obligation because that feels like a debt or duty and if I help others from a sense of debt than I would not be honoring my own value as an individual but acting like a slave in servitude to the undefined "other"

I help but I maintain the freedom to choose how, when,where,why and for what reasons otherwise I would be at risk of violating my own internal sense of right and wrong (integrity) which I'm always testing and hopefully deepening as I move to become the complete expression of it (without contradiction)

When you come from a place of fear those you help you harm, only genuine love can heal or protect. The problem is that love is never genuine when it is wrapped in fear.