Thread: I have a friend who is a crossdresser

Makeup addict!

Wink I have a friend who is a crossdresser

I have this friend of mine that I've known since high school. As it turns out, my friend has come out as a crossdresser! Now with that said, here's the twist; it's a girl who crossdresses as a guy

The thing I noticed is the difference in effort between transformations between men and women. I need a lot of makeup and a wig to make myself look like a woman. My friend needs very minimal makeup and has short hair and can pass for a man. I'm kind of jealous of that

By the way, have any of you ever known a female crossdresser?

A guy that I went to undergrad with kind of came off at first as a more masculine lesbian. He dressed in male clothes and acted more masculine, but still referred to himself as a woman. Later, he came out as a transguy.

He always seemed like a guy to me. It really didn't have a whole lot to do with his looks or dress...it was more of just the fact that his attitude and everything was very masculine. I was on Youtube the other day and stumbled across a vlog of a transman...he was like one of the hottest guys I had seen in a while. I'm not sure if it's the attitude or what. But, then, I saw like 4 more vlogs of transmen and they were all Really good looking. They were all on T, so they weren't just CDing...but, I think it has a lot to do with personality on top of looks. My friend who came out as trans was already like the perfect guy before he came out...everyone wrote him off as lesbian, and you knew that he was born a woman even though he was CDing. He just was always a gentlemen...was always there when you needed a guy to do something for you...always gave really good compliments...and, though, yeah, at the time he was still identifying as a woman and you could tell he was born a woman. But, the whole way he acted and carried himself just was very masculine...and, not in a sh*tty, college guy masculine way. It was like a weird "wow, you actually come off as kind of the type of guy most women want." I think since he has gone full hog with it, he looks a lot more manly than before when he was just CDing...but, I think because everyone kind of knew that he was a guy before he actually told us he was a guy, a lot of his "presentation" was due to his personality.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I have a very close friend who is an FtoM CD.

She has the most masculine energy about her, and I think she could easily go all the way, but she looks extremely feminine and voluptuous. Gender identity issues pretty much suck no matter how you were born. The people here who say women have it easy really don't know what they're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Yep, a close friend of mine is a FTM transexual who is legally and happily married to a GG.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

sounds like a great relationship

I think most of them prefer to be called a "Transman," but these labels seem to change, and go in and out of favor with some regularity. Yes, they are becoming more common. Perhaps never as common as MtoF, but significant in number. A Good Friend Michael, runs The Forge Chapter down here in my area, and is very active in The Trans Community. When we talk with one another I am always struck by The Commonality of Experiences. Things seem reversed, but when you really consider, it's The Same Stories, with just a juxtaposition of gender labels. I.E. : "It's really a hassle for me to go into The MEN'S Restroom." "I'm always afraid one of the guys will complain or try to kick my ass."

Love your friend for whom HE is. After all, you have so much in common.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.

I have not known anyone personally, but I know-suspect-see a few transmen or drab-kings in my town, girls who have masculine aura. I heard the term "butch" here.
    They dont have it easy, for sure.
    One time I was in second hand store, and the girl was there too. I was checking female tops, and she was checking male pants... I thought, oh what an irony, I became kind of sad that we are so played by life. I am not the most feminine man ever, but I think some of my gestures may be.
    That girl has short hair (probably shorter than mine, ha! ), somewhat obese... I havent seen her in a skirt, maybe in earlier years... we lived on the same block. Her mother has short hair and is kind of a type Sons-of-Anarchy woman... I think that played some impact on that girl, IDK.
    Whatever, they are out there, I would think of 3 persons in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    By the way, have any of you ever known a female crossdresser?
    There is a gender group at the local campus where the members were (when I knew them) mostly F2M. But they weren't CDers. They either were actively involved in transition (HRT, mastectomies), or entrenched in the lesbian community, so their MO was presenting fully as male all the time (completely devoid of any femininity) while also not changing any aspects of their physical selves, not even the pronouns they preferred others to use.

I've not met GGs who identify as GGs but who like to switch back and forth and crossdress as men sometimes, and for whom this is a lifetime choice.

I do know a GG who for a while, did a few DK shows for fun. Ze prefers to use gender-neutral pronouns and has a gender-neutral name, dresses in androgynous clothing, but makes no attempt at changing hir physical self, hir voice, or anything else. But ze does this all the time and does not switch back and forth between neutral gender and female.
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-05-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Reine