Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outed at Work?? :worried:

Gold Member
    Good luck. I also think that if you are doing your job without issues, it will blow over. There is nothing direct in what is known, so it will probably get dropped.

But my mind went charging at the part where you were deciding what to say. First I was thinking camouflage paint. Yea!!! to night maneuvers. Of course that led to the next thought which was "I played football last night and we used that black gunk for glare in our eyes (I don't know the name of it)". The stories we can fabricate....

My first thought is to burn that industrial strength eye paint, stir the ashes and burn again. My second thought is keep your CDing totally to yourself if you want to keep your job. Just because some of your co-workers are cool with it, don't think for second you won't be standing totally alone in front of your boss if it escalates.

It sounds like the boss is a phobe.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

This happened to me once, said I had been cleaning the loft out, dam it was dusty up there and kept rubbing my eyes, will take a few days to wash out. Worked a treat

The reason I thought of this is that my father worked down the coal pit, and always look as if he had eye liner due to the dust.

I would have thought that, having accepted that gay people can now openly serve in the US armed forces, a spot of crossdressing would be regarded as a non-issue.
    Last edited by GaleWarning; 07-06-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    It sounds like the boss is a phobe.
    No, actually. Just a stereotypical Bostonian. Loud obnoxious a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    I would have thought that, having accepted that gay people can now openly serve in the US armed forces, a spot of crossdressing would be regarded as a non-issue.
    Ha!
    Truth is that of course in the military, men and women dress the same (mostly except dress uniforms and I can see the future that women's will be slacks instead of frumpy skirts). And there was a rule about "excessive" make up and hair being pinned up and above the shoulders. You see, here in the USA we don't really care if you can do a job or be an excellent soldier as long as you conform to the rules.

(BTW just because the CIC and congress got rid of DADT doesn't mean the people in charge of you won't make your life a living hell. Women have been in the military for 60 years and they still get hazed and harassed and even worse.)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If anything should happen it is discrimination...

My friend and I got hit by a car after clubbing the car had a scrape but he used my neem salve to get residue off and back to man attire.People will always judge not the economy to find work easily so play it low key and depending on how you plan to live it won't matter.

If you have a job that's so insecure that you can be fired for having residue of eye makeup, I suggest finding a more secure job. Sometime in the next few years, you will do something to displease your boss and you will be out the door. Might as well go on your own terms and find a secure job where you don't have to walk on pins and needles 24/7.

Now as far as the makeup, how's this - "Last night my wife/girlfriend and I were drinking and she decided to see what I would look like with makeup on. I won't let her do this again, I promise."
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Silver Member
    where do you work that you would be fired because you wore makeup one day at work? Many states actually have antidiscrimination laws that would prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity--others don't--but rarely would you actually be fired for it anywhere--made fun of--yes, but fired not likely-

whoops--went backand read the entire thread and see you are in the Coast Guard---still wouldn't worry about it, Klinger wore make up and dresses for years and they didn't kick him out----would take an Article 33 hearing to get you kicked out and if the only complaint was that you showed up for work one day with eyeliner (guyliner??), that wouldn't be enough--from a legal standpoint it rates with being out of uniform and although may warrant a fine at a Captain's Mast (Article 15 hearing) no way would it get you discharged--
    Last edited by MsJanessa; 07-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I agree with those saying to admit nothing. There is no need to do so.
    As for your problem, what's done is done, and it is what it is. Nothing for it but to go back to work tomorrow and do your job. The shit either flies or it don't, but worrying about it wont do you any good. So, I trust that you have done what ever was required to get it off your eyes by now?

What is all the fuss about? Hey my wife likes me to wear eyeliner in males mode because it makes my eyes look good. There is no law against wearing make-up, or is there in the US?

If I was your boss, my primary concern would be safety in the workplace. I don't know what exactly you do in your line of work everyday, but openly admitting that you had come to work after only two hours sleep would give me good reason to send you home from that shift for not being fit to perform your duties efficiently, effectively and above all safely.

Surely that is a more important issue to be discussing here. Fatigue is more likely to hinder your performance than wearing make-up. What a screwed up world this is.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Wow.

You handled that sticky situation pretty well, all things considered.

As long as you stick to your story as adamantly as possible, I'm sure your colleagues will eventually lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Rachael View Post
    What is all the fuss about? Hey my wife likes me to wear eyeliner in males mode because it makes my eyes look good. There is no law against wearing make-up, or is there in the US?

If I was your boss, my primary concern would be safety in the workplace. I don't know what exactly you do in your line of work everyday, but openly admitting that you had come to work after only two hours sleep would give me good reason to send you home from that shift for not being fit to perform your duties efficiently, effectively and above all safely.

Surely that is a more important issue to be discussing here. Fatigue is more likely to hinder your performance than wearing make-up. What a screwed up world this is.
    There's no law against wearing makeup in the US, but there is a social convention against it in the US military.

And you're right, having had only two hours of sleep is a much greater issue than makeup, but we in the coast guard come pretty tough. I think my record right now is 72 hours of grueling non-stop work. That was a REALLY bad couple of days. By comparison, two hours of sleep is a minor annoyance. But you make a good point about being sent home. The reason I wasn't sent home, in fact, is because we had just transitioned from night shift to day shift, and that first day back is always a "two hours of sleep" day for everyone. So we all had to suck it up. Plus we have a manpower shortage, so you do what you have to do.

And I think the reason it was pointed out was primarily because they were looking for something to laugh about. It's the way things are done in the military. If they don't make fun of you, that means they don't like you. It's backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCassie View Post
    unless, you fear your car can be search without your consent.
    Thanks! It's a bit of a non-issue now, and cleaning wipes in the car would hardly be damning evidence, but the act of taking your vehicle onto a military base implies consent to search. It's posted on a big legal disclaimer sign outside of every gate to every base anywhere. It's kinda 1984-ish, but it does have its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    If you have a job that's so insecure that you can be fired for having residue of eye makeup, I suggest finding a more secure job. Sometime in the next few years, you will do something to displease your boss and you will be out the door. Might as well go on your own terms and find a secure job where you don't have to walk on pins and needles 24/7.

Now as far as the makeup, how's this - "Last night my wife/girlfriend and I were drinking and she decided to see what I would look like with makeup on. I won't let her do this again, I promise."
    Very wise. I am currently on the hunt for a better job. I'm kind of stuck between blimp pilot and political analyst for Fox News... Actually, I've applied to the Royal New Zealand Navy (sue me, I love being at sea and New Zealand is pretty awesome). The research I've done has lead me to believe that they wouldn't make a fuss about CDing, but I could be wrong.

And the story would have been very convincing. And it occurred to me. The only monkey wrench in the works is the part where I'm still technically married, so having a girlfriend would constitute a violation of article 134 of the UCMJ: adultery. Oh yes, they're that invasive! To be fair, though, they're paying money for spousal support, not for dudes to go giving the service a bad reputation. And a third strike is game over. Technically, the second strike should have been, but they decided to grant me a reprieve based on the particulars of my situation.

I've got a really complicated work situation right now, but to sum it up, I'm at the bottom of the barrel and the only thing that's left to lose is my job. Which might happen soon anyway, due to separate issues not involving my supposed "behavioral problems" (I gave nearly a decade of exemplary service to the navy, with no more than a warning throughout the entire time, I join the coast guard and suddenly I'm a s***bag? Something doesn't add up there, but that's a different story). So nobody really bothers me because, to quote the late great Heath Ledger "You have NOTHING to threaten me with..." My only concern is keeping this job long enough to pay back my debts, which should happen anyway. And if that doesn't happen, I have a backup plan. Not a good one, mind you, but a plan nonetheless.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-12-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Merged - please use the multi quote button

Outed at Work.

Well, well, well. This is precisely why I am cutting my naturally wonderful hair. It is gorgeous, getting long, and I have been called 'girl' more than a dozen times in the past month at work. I am kinda tired of the comments about the length of my hair, so to end it, I am cutting it off....boo hoo.

Styling my own hair takes too long anyway.....

I don't run around and call overweight women on their eating problem, but for some reason, they all seem to have no problem calling me on my so-called 'girl' hair. Gender lines cannot be messed with at all. It messes with people's heads in a way they cannot handle.

Just don't put waterproof make-up on next time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Claire View Post
    ...but to sum it up, I'm at the bottom of the barrel and the only thing that's left to lose is my job....
    I'm reminded of the story of a US Air Force transport pilot who is annoyed at being delayed on the apron in Thule, Greenland as his airplane is being serviced. He walks up to the airman working under the plane and starts to dress him down for his slowness.

The airman holds up his hand, interrupting the pilot's tirade. He says "Sir, I got no stripes, I'm stationed in Thule, It's below zero and I'm pumping sewage out of your aircraft. What more can you do to punish me?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wishing you all the best..-(born in Revere-raised in Winthrop-schooled in Boston) -Oh then again maybe you do not want to hear from me) !!

No, actually. Just a stereotypical Bostonian. Loud obnoxious a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Wishing you all the best..-(born in Revere-raised in Winthrop-schooled in Boston) -Oh then again maybe you do not want to hear from me) !!
    Thanks!

I'm not saying everyone from that area is an a-hole! Far from it! There's no such thing as a typical Bostonian. Stereotypical, yes. And he's it. I guess he's from the same neighborhood as Mark Wahlberg (Dorchester?).

Actually, I've applied to the Royal New Zealand Navy (sue me, I love being at sea and New Zealand is pretty awesome). The research I've done has lead me to believe that they wouldn't make a fuss about CDing, but I could be wrong.
    Good luck with your application. The Aussies pay way better than our country does and many of our naval officers have apparently defected to the west island! Hence the recruitment drive.

Don't know about CDing ... although if you were a woman you would probably stand a better chance of promotion ... this is a woman's country!

If you do get the job, perhaps we will see each other at the local Returned Services Association (RSA) club?

being former military i can agree with all the posts that say not to admit to anything, take a dont ask or tell approach, sounds like some may syuspect let em . on a side note it mustve felt pretty good to get a somewhat warm reception from the co workers let us know how it goes and thanks.. sorry i didnt read the rest of the posts sounds like you got it under control. oh yeah thank you for your service and best wishes
    Last edited by Kelli Ca; 07-11-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Good luck with your application. The Aussies pay way better than our country does and many of our naval officers have apparently defected to the west island! Hence the recruitment drive.

Don't know about CDing ... although if you were a woman you would probably stand a better chance of promotion ... this is a woman's country!

If you do get the job, perhaps we will see each other at the local Returned Services Association (RSA) club?
    Maybe! If I get the job... I really hope I get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by lolisa View Post
    being former military i can agree with all the posts that say not to admit to anything, take a dont ask or tell approach, sounds like some may syuspect let em . on a side note it mustve felt pretty good to get a somewhat warm reception from the co workers let us know how it goes and thanks.. sorry i didnt read the rest of the posts sounds like you got it under control. oh yeah thank you for your service and best wishes
    it is under control and it is kind of nice to know that some people here are okay with it.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-12-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Merged - please use the multi quote button

As a former Coastie, I can attest to all your statements. The good, bad and the ugly. In the end, it comes down to surrounding yourself with people you trust. It didn't take long for my coworkers to pierce my facade, and occasionally make allusions to it. Never an issue with most of them, but there are always some who feel otherwise. Painful when they end up in position of authority. I retired when the USCG went thru another personality shift and the climate was looking for reasons to "trim the fat". In other words, if you ain't beneficial to your supervisors career... Regardless, the CG functions because for the most part people joined for a reason not for the money or career. Good luck. Feel free to PM me. I may be able to advise.

i am retd navy and yes he can be kick out. baby oil is all i use it is the best. been to mast 2 times got off the first time and 60days the next on pay cut so i know what u are going thriough. U cant buck the sistem. the best thing to do is more be the best u can be and work gets ezzer for u . was at fleet traning comd and we had a gay wereing finger nials and he was kick out so be carefull just remember the more u do for them the less thay mass with u. and get some baby oil it will take off waterproof mac. i were it whin i work out. lv cindy

Banned Read only
    Sophia, you can always say you went to a goth or punk rock gig! Most pundits in that arena are covered with it.I would wear eyeliner back when I was 15- 19 or so at certain gigs.

Otherwise you look lovely,

Hugs VP

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    Sophia, you can always say you went to a goth or punk rock gig!
    Oh, that would be a good one. A case where dressing up as Cinderella = discharge, but dressing up as Dracula = good soldier!

Hey, the Seals and Marines wear makeup too, don't they?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]