Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Stared, Some Laughed, and Some Made Fun of Me. But I Don't Care!

Don't you ever back down on who you are!!!!!! Teenage girls are the worst offenders when it comes to hunting, taunting, cruelty and being obnoxious. Sometimes i think the people who point, stare and laugh do so because they don't have the balls to dress up themselves so they relieve their stress by bringing attention to others like us for relief.
    Please don't kick anyone in the ass w/those beautiful toes sweetie you would difinetly ruin that pedi.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

First off: hi! Where have you been lately? It seems like it's been forever since you were around?

That being said; your pedi is lovely, and if I saw you in public at the mall, or anywhere else, I would have stopped and complimented you on your toes. It must be wonderful to have a nail tech like that.
    I don't know if it's me, but people today just seem generally more rude. (At least that's my opinion.) I applaud your spirit and willingness to be yourself; good for you!
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

You said girl, it great you get enjoyment having your feet so pretty,YOU GIRL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

In a way we are similar, I am tired of being the only one seeing my beautiful pedi, by the way yours looks fab. I too am pushing the limits and soon I will feel the attack . My legs are not comepletely smooth, tho I wish they were I have the hair trimmed so low it is almost invisable. Yes the other night I wore a off white pair of shorts and the girly flats , I had a more netural color but the Zebra design on the toe did pop out Yes I had been out in bright reds and pinks before but always wore long pants, it was my first time in public with shorts and girly flats, How I just want to wear a low heel or wedge with my pedi out in guy mode. I feel your pain and I hope to make your Boo Boo better by sharing (Your not alone0 Hugs Denise

Anne,
    I think your nails are pretty. I wish I had the courage to do what you have done and go as far as you have. You are right that other people will not break you. **** them too! As for the bitches at the mall, it's a shame that they put you through that, but in the end, it made you tougher and more confident. Sorry you had to endure that. Go show the world what a beautiful woman you are.

Anne, your toes look terrific. I envy your resolve. Don't allow negative people to be a great influence in your life. Part of our gender journey is to continue softening our approach to others, develop a deeper tolerance, if you will. Your pedicure is pretty, as are you.

Carlene....

First thing Anne, your toes are beautiful and so are you inside and out for not giving up .As we all know evertime we go out en femme there is the chance of running into rude immature people which is very sad .Not all teenagers are bad but obviosly these girls minds are fried on tween pop music and know no difference .Take care and don't give up
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Those look fab Anne! Love the detail.

I've been going out with mine polished for a little over a year and in all that time I have had only one negative comment. It was from an older woman who said men have been coming into the salon she visits and have had their toes polished and she just didn't understand the reasoning and it wasn't right.

I get a lot of looks and then people come up and ask me about them and I have very positive feedback. Sometimes I'm sure I'm made fun of but so far it hasn't been to my face or within hearing distance. Plus I wouldn't care anyway. I have had guys even say they like them but that they don't have the balls to do what I do I wear my ladybugs proudly
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Absolutely fabulous!! They should be shown off as a work of art. Your nail tech is magical. Keep doing what you are doing. To hell with anyone that doesn't like it.
    I want to be this girl!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Anne, it is truly wonderful that you are comfortable with yourself, and you do have just lovely toes! The pedicure enhances them terrifically as well! No reason to hide them!

Aspiring Member
    Ann,
    I truly admire your courage in getting out there no matter what others think.
    Your experience reminded me of the quote:
    "The three stages of truth are Riddicule, Resistance and Self-Evidence"

Though you were harassed by a pack of immature and cruel girls, there will be a day in the future where a male expressing femininity will be as acceptable as tatoos on women today.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I figure if I got someone to laugh, I've done my job for the day Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Those who stared and those who ridiculed have denied themselves the opportunity to look closely at your nails or at you. As a result they missed the beauty in both. It's rather sad that these young women in particular chose to harass you for being true to yourself. The day will come for each of them when the demands of conformity, demands for perfect hair,bodies and lives will overwhelm them. With greater maturity they'll perhaps recall a time when they pressed those demands for conformity that they later grew to reject.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.

I have had both positive and negative experiences with my french pedicure toes. All of the nail salon staff have been great at a number of shops that I frequent. Generally, no one else but my wife and see the results, other than doctors and if a sales clerk ever peaks under the door when I am trying on dresses.

One day I forgot my crocs when I went to the Y to swim. I had gone to use the bathroom and someone must of seen my toes. When I came out of the pool there was note on the floor near my locker that said "your nail pairings are disgusting to look at".

That's okay, though, I plan to have my toes done again tomorrow.

Jennifer

This thread makes me happy, and your toes look happy too! And beautiful.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by CapHill Kelly View Post
    Ann,
    I truly admire your courage in getting out there no matter what others think.
    Your experience reminded me of the quote:
    "The three stages of truth are Riddicule, Resistance and Self-Evidence"

Though you were harassed by a pack of immature and cruel girls, there will be a day in the future where a male expressing femininity will be as acceptable as tatoos on women today.
    I suspect that tattoos are now more female territory rather than male! There isn't much left that is truly male apart from facial hair and balding! Oh yeah and a few medical conditions!

We need to claim our territory! I followed Anne's lead... painted my toenails red (not with the pretty images though), put on my sandals and shorts and went to the supermarket... 2 things...

1) it rained
    2) no-one noticed my toes!

!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Anne,

Although some might not agree, when you are in public, it's all fair game, if they want to stalk and harrass you, do the same to them, whip out the cell phone and start recordingand post it on youtube, mayby seeing their faces and remarks by a billion people will give them pause. who knows you might end up with $600,000 like that poor woman who was harrased on the bus. I'm with the other here who think it's time to start standing up for the same rights every one else has.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Fat Girlz >>>> 1000>>>>> POST !!!!

Been saving this Baby for just the rite Time ,,,An what better time to use it than on one of my favorite subjects Olllllll Pedi ,,,My favorite thing to do other than Shoe shopping ! I know where ya coming from Sissta ! I had a little bit of a small bout my self .... A couple little chics ,,, Got to laughing at me in the store a couple day ago ,,But mind you I have girl hair ,, Thin brows with a hook em um ,, Girl glasses ,, An had on capris an girl socks an a tank top ,,An girl; sneekers ,, An they stalk an funned me ,,Butttttt waittt ,,,Justtttt for sa min ,,, Cuz Im half CRAZY anyway ,,, So I just looked um rite in the eye an puckered up an blew um a big Kiss an sent them crambleing away for mommy !!! LOL,,,,, An I wear open toe shoes too an with painted nails ,,But mine r black this time ,,But were kinda orange just a week ago .. But Im rite there with ya ,,Ya jus gotta take all the different things an happenings one at a time an deal with em differently ,,, Its not easy but what is ? Its a hell of alot easyer than not painting or not showing an not doing what ya wanted ,,,Cuz WE tried that an ya see how that ended up !! ,LOL,,,, So bring on the meenys ,,An little tweens that try an keep us down an want to make fun of a ol fat lady,,, Hell they will be grown an gone ,,Knocked up living in trailer part an we will still be buying those designer clothes an shoes ,,, So pucker up ladys Fat lady wanna be coming threw !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I'm sorry the teenage girls were so mean. My SO (and many other members here) stay away from places where they and teenage boys (who can also be mean) congregate, namely the mall on Saturdays, although it is more difficult to avoid them now that school is out. Some children are not taught manners and they will not have the maturity to keep their opinions to themselves until they are adult.

Developing a thick skin is essential, but this does not mean the comments won't be hurtful. My SO feels the same way, and so do I when I hear them. I don't think I will ever stop feeling hurt ... except when I feel angry.

Quick question for you, simply because I don't like to make assumptions; you mention being out all week. Were you going out in male mode with perfectly shaved legs and pedicure and if so were you wearing feminine sandals, or were you presenting as Anne? People are not accustomed to seeing individuals who present as males and who incorporate something that is obviously feminine. If you were Anne, however, the extent of the rude remarks surprise me, although I do understand the stares if you were read. But I'll tell you my own secret: when I encounter the stares I tell myself these people are expressing a mild curiosity; they may not necessarily be judging us. Or, they may not know for sure whether my SO is male or female and they're just trying to figure it out. Or, (this is a good one), they are struck by her beauty.

The lack of compliments about your nails: yes, they are beautiful. But it is summer time and not unusual to see red and pink toe nails. Your toes do not stand out as being more beautiful than anyone else who paints them (sorry ). The point I'm making is that having painted nails is particularly beautiful for you since you're mentally comparing them to your male looking toe nails. This is understandable. But, others don't see it through your lens. They just think "Oh, painted toenails with designs on them". And please Anne, as a friend and for your own peace fo mind I'm asking you to reconsider your theory that people are jealous. They really aren't.

Reine

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Anne..don`t let it eat at you,not worth it.You pedi is great,,...my toes and my feet are like a science experiment gone horribly wrong
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anne,

Your toes are so beautiful that you could be a foot model! Whenever I'm not at work, I wear open-toe women's sandals and my bright red toenails are proudly on display for everyone to see. I have never had a bad comment and usually get comments from women that they love my pedicure and choice of color.

I don't understand why people would laugh or make fun of you. After all, you see folks (male and female) walking around the mall with their bodies covered in tattoos and they don't get any comments. Why would you get comments for painted toes?

It seems that SissieStephanie and I have the same experience wearing painted toenails - nothing but compliments. I wonder if there is something else in your overall look/outfit that they are reacting to? Note the both SissieStephanie and I don't attempt to pass and appear to the public as guys wearing women' shoes and nail polish. I also wonder if you live in some really redneck area that is stuck in the 1950's?

If you do some googling for men wearing nail polish you will see that a lot of men including race car drivers, athletes, UFC fighters, married actors and others are wearing nail polish. It is really not a big deal anymore. It is like the first guys that wore earrings.

You should be very proud of your very pretty toes and they should be exposed in women's sandals as much as possible.

Jamie

Wearing OPI Big Apple Red on my toes

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I'm sorry the teenage girls were so mean. My SO (and many other members here) stay away from places where they and teenage boys (who can also be mean) congregate, namely the mall on Saturdays, although it is more difficult to avoid them now that school is out. Some children are not taught manners and they will not have the maturity to keep their opinions to themselves until they are adult.

Developing a thick skin is essential, but this does not mean the comments won't be hurtful. My SO feels the same way, and so do I when I hear them. I don't think I will ever stop feeling hurt ... except when I feel angry.

Quick question for you, simply because I don't like to make assumptions; you mention being out all week. Were you going out in male mode with perfectly shaved legs and pedicure and if so were you wearing feminine sandals, or were you presenting as Anne? People are not accustomed to seeing individuals who present as males and who incorporate something that is obviously feminine. If you were Anne, however, the extent of the rude remarks surprise me, although I do understand the stares if you were read. But I'll tell you my own secret: when I encounter the stares I tell myself these people are expressing a mild curiosity; they may not necessarily be judging us. Or, they may not know for sure whether my SO is male or female and they're just trying to figure it out. Or, (this is a good one), they are struck by her beauty.

The lack of compliments about your nails: yes, they are beautiful. But it is summer time and not unusual to see red and pink toe nails. Your toes do not stand out as being more beautiful than anyone else who paints them (sorry ). The point I'm making is that having painted nails is particularly beautiful for you since you're mentally comparing them to your male looking toe nails. This is understandable. But, others don't see it through your lens. They just think "Oh, painted toenails with designs on them". And please Anne, as a friend and for your own peace fo mind I'm asking you to reconsider your theory that people are jealous. They really aren't.

Reine,

I don't agree with you on this one. I believe that I would draw more stares and comments fully crossdressed and obviously not passing as compared to my normal mode of a male wearing women's sandals and painted toenails.

Anne,

Please see the following blogs:

http://menwithpaintednails.blogspot.com/

http://polished-men.blogspot.com/

http://www.onegentsten.com/
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-08-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Multiposting is not allowed. Please edit your prior post with added thoughts if no one has posted after you.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    ...I followed Anne's lead... painted my toenails red (not with the pretty images though), put on my sandals and shorts and went to the supermarket... 2 things...

1) it rained
    2) no-one noticed my toes!

!!!!!!!!!!!
    and...

3) The world failed to explode.

Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Reine,

I don't agree with you on this one. I believe that I would draw more stares and comments fully crossdressed and obviously not passing as compared to my normal mode of a male wearing women's sandals and painted toenails.
    Reine was right on the mark with this one. A male presenting as female, if detected as such and if some semblance of effort is made, goes a long way to disarm the Muggles at first impression. That second impression could still be brutal but regardless, the first impression of a dude presenting with painted toes is still likely to attract unwanted attention. That's just the way it is these days. Yes, the jet-set and/or famous can get away with such eclectic behavior. Most dudes cannot, whether they want to (most don't) or not. And for a lot of us in TG land, adding painted toes to our other minor/major/temporary/permanent body mods (still ©VM) only makes our elephant that much more visible.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    and...

3) The world failed to explode.

Phew!

Reine was right on the mark with this one. A male presenting as female, if detected as such and if some semblance of effort is made, goes a long way to disarm the Muggles at first impression. That second impression could still be brutal but regardless, the first impression of a dude presenting with painted toes is still likely to attract unwanted attention. That's just the way it is these days. Yes, the jet-set and/or famous can get away with such eclectic behavior. Most dudes cannot, whether they want to (most don't) or not. And for a lot of us in TG land, adding painted toes to our other minor/major/temporary/permanent body mods (still ©VM) only makes our elephant that much more visible.
    Painted toes is not any different then men wearing earrings twenty years ago or men wearing long hair 40 years ago. It is all the same and unless we just get out there and dot it rather than saying that we can't do it and cowering in the corner, things will never change. Change is affected by action. That is the way that men made earrings and long hair acceptable. If you believe that only famous people can push the envelope, then we will never make progress. We just need to get out there an wear what we want to wear. That is how women earned their fashion freedom, but most men don't have the guts to do it.

Having painted toes is no different then having tattoos. People will also comment and have their opinions on tattoos.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I'm jealous of your toes! I have weird "piano toes"... I doubt I'll ever be comfortable with my toes, although I've been meaning to get a pedicure, I've been afraid to, since one never had one and I'm ashamed to say that I don't take as much care of my feet as I very well should.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Reine,

There's no "one rule fits all" here, since there is such a wide range of variables depending on what someone looks like and where they live. I'm not saying you (I don't know what you look like), but I agree that some guy who looks like Homer Simpson and who wears a dress would get stared at. This is not Anne's situation though.

Unless someone hangs out in LGBT friendly sections of larger cities or they move among the cutting edge creative crowds, men who present as men do get stared at when they wear obviously feminine things. You posted a few blogs from men who wear polish (the first looked like she was a CDer), but this is not a reflection of current attitudes about this. Most people aren't used to seeing mixed gender cues and their brains don't know what to do with this information.

Also we can't take an absence of comments as universal acceptance. Most people (other than teenagers) keep their opinions to themselves.

Anne: you're inspiring me to paint my own toes now. I think I'll do this tomorrow.
    Reine