Thread: Wearing a few CD items in public ...

Wearing a few CD items in public ...

OK I just really felt like coming out here, to the library where I volunteer at, not really totally en-femme per say (although I have this long skirt I'd love to wear), but my nails are painted black, have a headband in my hair (it is short but getting to wear I can comb it back), a bra & sleeveless top (used a femme dress jacket to cover it), woman's denim slacks (cuffed up a little capri-style) ... and I was so scared to death and still am and it's like what's the big deal? Why can't I just wear what I want? (Maybe wouldn't be a big deal, but the other day & at another time one of the library supervisors asked why I have my nails painted, and I refused to answer...)

I know I feel like "welcome to earth, sister" but I just wanted to get this out in the open. Thanks for reading, and I wish I had more to contribute to everyone's posts ... take care. BrendaB.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I agree about being able to just wear what we want....without stares, comments, bullying, laughing, etc. A woman can wear pants, flannel shirts, even men's boxers, and it's considered "cute" or "sexy". If a man wears a skirt or panties, or paints his nails he's either a pervert or gay.
    I would be far more comfortable on a hot day in a denim mini skirt than I am in jean shorts. There would be much better airflow where it is needed, no more soreness or rashes from sweating "down there". Women's clothing is far more comfortable...fabrics are lighter, softer, and thinner. All making it more comfortable and easier to tolerate the extreme heat many of us are experiencing. My toenails look much better with a purple or blue (sometimes even pink!) polish than they do plain and yellowing.
    You can just answer about the nails "because I like them that way!"
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I when to Kmart the other day with my male white shorts and dark blue polo shirt, but I had black women flats (the ones at Payless w/ patient on the toe and heal) and no one said anything to me. While there I bought panties, a skirt, and a pair of pantyhose. I go to the ones that are not in a crowded neighborhood. The hardest part was getting out of the car and walking in; once I was in the store and after looking around a while I relaxed and had fun. At the check out there was a young girl and an older lady, no one else was in line. The young girl check me out and the old lady bagged my things and commented on how pretty the skirt was and she was standing to the side of the counter and could see my shoes. It all went great. I do things like this sometimes when I am out of town and have fun doing it.
    Girl-N-Hose! Heels 2

There's nothing better then being true to yourself! Wear what you want! I do! Hugs
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

In order to go all the way we have to embark on stretching the boundaries first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    In order to go all the way we have to embark on stretching the boundaries first.
    Thanks - I like that - it's so true.
    Thanks to others who replied too - I really appreciate the support. - BrendaB.

A while back I volunteered to hand out bags & programs to registrants at a convention. The dress code was "convention t-shirt & khaki pants or skirt". So I wore my mustache & skirt. Got a few grins.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Hey peeps, I just started CD a week ago but this story somehow reminds me of some occasions 9 or 10 years ago. In my metal time, I used to have long hair (to the middle of my back) and I quite often painted my nails black. In school nobody cared, cause I only wore black and had a full grown beard going on. But one day on the way home in in the bus, a kid asked his mother: "Why does the man there have colored nails?" I can't remember what his mother said but I had no ****s left to give that day. Another thing was, when a girl from the neighborhood, whom I had known for years told me that she was asked, why she was talking and hanging out with a satanist guy (since we were at the same school), solely based on my black nails. I had a hard time breathing laughing my ass of that day. Also I bought a "gothic men's wrap-around skirt" back then and was wearing it out a lot (also with painted nails). Somehow I forgot that crazy times and became pretty tame (in terms of behavior and clothing). But since last week I think I'm going back to my really outgoing crazy self I was. I hope this wasn't a fail-post.

I'm in CD mode everyday. My coworkers have gotten use to my femme clothing and makeup. I started slow with polish on my nails. And week after week pushing the boundry a bit. I did get looks early on and one employee did make a remark. I later learned he was told to keep his comments to himself as they didn't want any sexual harassment issues to come up. I'm just being me. I don't push wearing a skirt/dress, though I would love to. I'm happy and everyone now seems ok with things as they see I'm still the same person I use to be. Just dress a bit differently then I use to.

its 2012. there is a few bad apples out there but your not going to be burned at the steak

I sometimes wear pantyhose under my slacks, does that count?

Platinum Member
    If you're a volunteer, it seems that you have less to worry about than someone who has to comply with employment conditions. Why not ask your supervisor what their written policies are with regard to transgender employees AND volunteers. Or better yet, you work at the library, so look it up for yourself! Then you can determin if its something you want to pursue.

Just answer that you like to have you nail painted. Also, if any of the library supervisors wear nail polish, ask them why they wear it.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I wear panties, womens shorts and a male tee shirt when its hot.

Otherwise, I wear panties, womens flared jeans, womens belt, and womens sandals everyday. I also have my ears pierced and wear diamond studs.
    I got a pedicure and have, what my gf calls them, frosted toe nails. They are shiny and you can tell its a clear polish.