Thread: SO is Cool With Dressing But I Couldn't be Bothered

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar

SO is Cool With Dressing But I Couldn't be Bothered

I'm not restricted to dressing and working from a home office, no employees just me. I could dress every day if I wanted to. However the desire to dress, to go to all that effort is kinda not there lately.

Take today for instance. I got some new make-up a few weeks back and since then even though the thoughts been there to try it out, I just haven't felt like doing it. Well today I thought I would. I got all dolled up with make-up and then lost the urge to get dressed.

Though thinking about it, I feel really tired and burnt out lately. No amount of concealer will hide the bags under my eyes and my skin looks dull and also tired. Today I looked at myself in mirror with make-up on and thought wow, you look like something the cat's dragged in.

Instead of finishing dressing, I jumped in the shower and returned to guy mode.

Anyone else feel like this?
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

This does happen to some when there is no temptation or thrill in the chase.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    It happens to me when I am stress free. Being en femme is a stress reliever for me. Consequently, there are many times when I do not have any inclination to get dolled up. Other times it is necessary for Stephanie to kick her twin brother to the curb and take over for awhile. As to getting a good look at oneself in the mirror, I know your pain. I dispense with the makeup routine most of the time and just do not get close to a mirror. From a distance I look fine and still feel great.

Aspiring Member
    Oh, I felt that way this AM, but was getting a little peach fuzz over the bod and applied the Nair - it does not do the complete job but it sure makes one very happy to be a girl and put her best boobs forward.

Yes. It does happen from time to time, but be assured the urge will come back. And with a vengance.

Platinum Member
    So many people report ups and downs in their motivation to dress. But your case seems to have a physical aspect. I'd suggest you look into why you're feeling tired and urnt out. Perhaps there's an underlying issue, or maybe you just need to get better quality rest, eat better, and get some regular exercise.

Like you, I work at home and my wife is very supportive. Its rare, really rare that I don't get fully en femme before starting my days work. But I do have a rigorous fitness routine, I eat very well and I take a number of nutritional supplements as well as thyroid hormone, cortisol and testosterone. Maybe that's why I feel motivated to dress.

I have days I'm not into it! But I get dressed anyway 'cause guy clothes I have a coulpe of old shirts for greasey days and that's it! I don't always mess with my makeup 'cept lipstick that I wear all the time!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yeah, I often don't feel like dressing-up... though I find even when I make myself do it, I feel better afterwards.

I find that even if I dress-up and don't feel much at the time, later on or whenever, I'll be in a better mood regardless. Funny how that works. *shrug*

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I dispense with the makeup routine most of the time and just do not get close to a mirror. From a distance I look fine and still feel great.
    Just about sums me up Stephanie. Most nights I put on the full ensemble except the makeup. Takes an hour and half to cover my beard shadow and fault lines.

I've certainly had those couldn't be bothered days. Bloody annoying at times, because I love dressing fully, make-up an' all.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    I am in a similar situation, I could dress when I am working at home (sometimes), but I normally don't. For me, getting completely dressed up is a lot of work, and I already have work to do, and I normally just don't have the time or energy to do both during the work day.

I go through months at a time when I just have no desire to dress. That's usually followed by months where dressing is the only thing that I think about.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Gold Member
    Your feelings on dressing is no different than todays common GG.
    Most do not get dressed to go anywhere except for a special occasion,
    when they feel obligated to dress better.
    Even My wife only wears minimum make-up, like some Lip-stick and a
    little eye-brow pencil.
    I believe today, society is getting lazier in the way they dress. Even the guys,
    who use to wear a shirt and tie, now wear Jeans, and a Polo Shirt.
    So you are just blending into todays person, very Casual, and relaxed.
    Rader

Spoken like a true woman...

I often feel the same, except when I am done bathing, I am still facing a woman in the mirror of a certain age with all that entails.

Cheer up!
    We ALL have our crosses to bear and it ain't so bad unless we make it that way.
    Embrace yourself!
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I've been the same... for the entire past year...

Just no desire to dress. I feel pretty ridiculous when I try to. Maybe it's because I've gain some pounds of muscle due o exercise, but it just doesn't feel right anymore.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rebecca, Been there and done that I've been half dressed and changed my mind and returned to Mr. drad mode.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Count me in the "sometimes I have the opportunity but just dont have the desire" pool. But as others have suggested this maylaise is often followed by the "I can't wait to dress and never want to stop" phase. Based on the comments here this might be a normal cycle. MMMMM wonder if the moon has anything to do with this?
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Been there and am there as well. My wife isn't crazy about dressing to begin with, but I notice that she is more receptive of the idea the less I do it. go figure.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Well since I live on my own, only have female clothing now and am out to just about everyone, I do not find that there is ever a time that I do not want to dress as the gender that I feel I am.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

NOPE!! Happy to be either one of me. LOL

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well, I can't say I've ever put full makeup on and then not get dressed (because I almost always dress first and put my makeup on second) LOL ... but I do get what you're saying. I get lots and lots of opportunity to dress at home but I rarely do. I usually only dress when I'm going out somewhere social. It happens to all of us occasionally. For me, quite often I get a chance to get dressed up, go out, have some fun in girl mode, and yet I'd rather stay at home on the sofa watching a movie and eating popcorn in my girly PJs (in otherwise boy mode).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I feel that way at times.... especially after a week of work with the temps averaging around 104 degrees.

Thank's Momarie for the support.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    That's what happened to me last week.
    I had to be Bob for the weekend and after that it was so hot and miserable that Bobbi just didnt want to come out and play.
    So I frump-ed around, got sweaty and dirty, did my guy things, and after a week I could feel her twitch inside. It also helped that my wife did my nails.
    For some reason I feel so much more feminine when I can see some color on my toes.
    its a good time to get in touch with the other side of your feminine self. Its not so bad, and when you do get all cleaned up and made up it will feel all so wonderfully new again.
    Lovin life.
    PS
    I work from home too and its great to be as pretty or as casual as you want.
    And its fun to be part of a high level telecom with your customer and staff, and they have no idea how short your skirt is!
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Can't say I've ever felt that way.
    Most of the time when I'm home I don't wear makeup anyway so that's not an issue. There's no one to see me except my wife and she doesn't mind so there's no need for me to go crazy. I just dress as I feel and enjoy it.
    Wish I could work from home and have the ability to dress every day like that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Star View Post
    I'm not restricted to dressing and working from a home office, no employees just me. I could dress every day if I wanted to. However the desire to dress, to go to all that effort is kinda not there lately.

Take today for instance. I got some new make-up a few weeks back and since then even though the thoughts been there to try it out, I just haven't felt like doing it. Well today I thought I would. I got all dolled up with make-up and then lost the urge to get dressed.

Though thinking about it, I feel really tired and burnt out lately. No amount of concealer will hide the bags under my eyes and my skin looks dull and also tired. Today I looked at myself in mirror with make-up on and thought wow, you look like something the cat's dragged in.

Instead of finishing dressing, I jumped in the shower and returned to guy mode.

Anyone else feel like this?

Lately whenver I try to do makeup I can't seem to get it right - but then again I'm going slow, financial reasons.

About 10 years ago when I got into CD, I'd spend tons of money on makeup and stuff (even got a makeover at Carla's in San Jose - I lived in California at the time.) But lately I just occasionally pick up an item at a Dollar Tree.

I'm sure Dollar Tree makeup isn't the best to put on, but I'm just slowly experimenting - or I just go with what I got facial-wise (rather than look gawdy.)

So I think I know what you mean.