Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went out for the first time!!!!!!!

I went out for the first time!!!!!!!

I'm pressed for time, and I'll add more details later. I know I haven't been very active on the forums, as I just haven't had the courage to "further" my adventures in crossdressing. But..... today I went out in FULL DRAG shopping!!! I was incredibly and amazingly nervous, but it was one of the most awesome experiences of my life!!!! I had a pro to give me a makeover--wig, makeup, etc., and I actually looked beautiful. I was so excited and confident that I made the 1 hour drive home completely in drag. I even sat at a stoplight on the way and reapplied my lipstick and powdered my face while I waited for the light to turn green. Do I EVER really have to wash this makeup off?????????

P.S. The moderator needs to modify the spell check on this site. Why is "crossdressing" considered a misspelled word on crossdressers.com?!?!???!!! LOL!

Gold Member
    Amber; Welcome to the forum, Glad you found us. You accomplished what I wish I could do,
    That is go out dressed. So I stay in the closet for now.
    As far as the spell checker, Maybe you want to talk with MR Webster, He is in charge of those things.
    Rader

Hi Amber! Welcome to the forum! You know once out like that there's no stopping you! Enjoy! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Hi Amber

wow what a rush - in both senses. I know just how you feel, looking perfect and feeling so femanine you jsut dont want to spoil the moment and have to take off the clothes and makeup.
    I hope you had a great experience and enjoyed every second. When is the next outing planned??

Sammy

Welcome!!! And, What did we buy????

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Hey! Sounds like you had fun! It's great to hear happy stories of people's first time out. I could just picture that smile on your face when all went well. (v^-^)b
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

Welcome to the site and congrats on going out !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Okay--here goes! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but things have been quite busy here. I would love to get any input and/or opinions on my look. Of course, the wig has to go--it was a wig I bought on eBay 10 years ago for $19.99...!!!! That will (hopefully) be remedied tomorrow.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Opinions? Sure!

Overall, your look is incredible. You have nice bone structure, are good with makeup, and dress stylishly. The one thing I can think of is that your blush looks to be a bit pink for your skintone. There, scathing enough criticism for you?

Kathi

"Drop dead" gorgeous seems to me Hon. Forgive me while I cool down.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    When you wrote'i actually looked beautiful' my initial reaction (before seeing you) was yeah, sure, m too. But then I saw your picture and you actually look beautiful!

Not bad, you look good. BTW, we say "enfem" rather then Drag. Drag is what some do at the clubs and do the over the top makeup. For those of us who want to blend in as a woman, we go out dressed enfem but when dressed as our male self, we are in "drab." There are lots of lingo and phrases to learn, welcome to the forum to lots of people just like you.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!!! It makes me feel so much more comfortable with my look :-)

Kathi... thank you for your input! When you say "too pink" for my complexion, can you give me a bit more detail? Do I need to go a bit more brown? Or just a bit lighter overall? This is a work in progress, so any input is greatly appreciated!

Kate--I very much appreciate the compliment.. smiling ear-to-ear!

Kimdl93--that was my biggest concern. Everyone has eyes of their own, and I know we all want to see ourselves at our best. My fear was what looked good to "me" was "ugh" to others. Thank you!

Shelby--thank you for the comment, and if I offended anyone in any way saying "drag" please understand that I never meant to do so. I will certainly use "en femme" or "enfem" from this point forward! And yes--"drab" is a word that fits the bill perfectly!

No offense taken girl. Welcome to the party!

Amber, congratulations! You look great.

It's two and a half years, out in the public eye, for me, maybe I'm out & about more than I need to be, but i wouldn't give it up for the world.

i will say that definitely invest in a really good wig if you can, it's well worth the money. Get something that is closest to your own natural hair to match your complexion.
    A woman's hair is her most important accessory.

You look great! Pretty soon you'll learn how to do your own makeup and realize how much skill it takes to achieve that look!

Concerning spelling, the site doesn't have a spellchecker. That is a function of your browser! You can add the word to your dictionary by right-clicking it and selecting "Add to Dictionary"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

That is great Amber and you look just lovely!

It IS so much fun just being out and about!

Debby
    Debby

Well, I do have to brag a bit :-) The makeup in the pic is what I did on Sunday. The wig, which is synthetic, holds the same shape even if I drive over it with a lawn mower ;-) I can't begin to tell you how many youtube videos, books and articles I've read on makeup, so I'm a quick study when it comes to learning a new technique. Here are my shortfalls:

Hair: Need a new wig, probably get a human hair wig, and THAT will be difficult... no idea how to style it
    Mannerisms: I have always talked with my hands, which is a feminine trait, but other mannerisms come soooo unnaturally to me
    Walk: I almost have that nailed down. I have struggled for YEARS trying to walk in heels, but someone told me "one foot in front of the other (literally)." Oh my goodness... doing this I could walk in heels perfectly, and my hips sway!
    Body: I'm small boned, and thin by nature. My upper body has become "built" a bit more as I work out. My legs are veeery long and lean. I need to lose a bit of weight which will help this, as well as thin down my face a bit

I'm still frustrated about body hair. We have a house at the lake, and during the summer we're out hanging with friends, etc. To shave my legs would be an absolute slap in the face.... very obvious. Is there some skin condition I could be diagnosed with that would require me to shave my legs?!??! The rest of my body is easy. I've never had facial, chest or back hair, and very little underarm hair. But my LEGS...!!!!

BTW--I changed my profile picture to the pic I posted earlier... wait... just realized that maybe I need to change my avatar....

That fixed it! Now the pic is my avatar ;-)
    Last edited by AmberCDinNC; 06-26-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fixed!

Good for you! I'm very glad for you. And did anyone mention to you that you look like a girl? LOL! YAY!

Oh....and I'd not necessarily opt for a human hair wig right off the bat.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Well, that's a good question... synthetic or real hair and why?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Congratulations. Good for you. Find some CD friends. It's even more fun with friends. Don't give a thought about "passing" or getting "made", it's always going to happen no matter how good you look. Ignoring the funny looks and odd stares is the very heart of getting out comfortably. Be you're own person and strut your stuff.[/SIZE]

Well, that's a good point. However, I'm mortified at the idea of offending someone. I know that may seem silly, but keep in mind that I was raised in the heart of the Bible Belt. When I first started crossdressing, it terrified me. I thought I was the only guy in the world that did this. As I got older and a bit more brave, I truly thought that if this was found out about me I'd be carted off to a mental institution and be put under shock therapy. I'm serious.

Anyway, I know that many people out there might not like it and/or be uncomfortable with it. I think that's what held me back all these years... the fear of offending someone. That's why I worked so hard to get a look that is as "passable" as can be.

The good side is, I live an hour from Asheville, which is one of the most Gay/Les/Bi/Trans friendly areas in the country. Still... I can't stand the thought of offending!

And TGMarla--thank you!!!! I can't imagine a better compliment!

And Bobbie B... A pair of jeans and cover-up. I don't even like them! Will prob return them.... but it was worth it! LOL!!!!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Amber, it could merely be the lighting, but your blush looks a bit pink to me. Maybe try something a bit more orange-y. Experiment! Play! Makeup is supposed to be fun.

As for the condition that requires you to shave your legs, it's called personalis praelatio (personal preference).

Kathi

LOL! Of course, the problem with "personalis praelatio" is that I have family and friends that would be very... shocked? My wife is wonderful about my crossdressing... she has known about it since the first month that we dated. But... I do have to work within the confines that make her comfortable, as well. Why does society have to be so hung up on such things??? ;-)

I was in Vegas and had a full blown transformation .. I looked so convincing that I finally got the nerve to go out and walk around .. It was wonderful .. Gambled as a woman, went to a nightclub and just had a great time .. Amy at "just you" rocks !! I felt the rush you felt .. it was great ..