Thread: Got my hair done by a Stylist.

Got my hair done by a Stylist.

I have posted on here in other places that I had been letting my hair grow for almost 4 years now and it was just hanging straight.. I also have the problem many of us have with a high forehead and some grey moving in on my hair..

I found a lady stylist who runs her on shop and is very tgirl friendly and went and talked to her a few weeks back, then made an appointment.. well yesterday was the day i went and had her color, trim and style my long hair.. she didn't take any length off but did layer it a little, she added a red color and i just love. The main thing i was looking for but not sure how it would work was straight bangs in girl mode, and sweeping bangs in boy mode with hair in a ponytail.. well she cut the bangs not to heavy but enough to off set the long forehead look.. She also helped me with some things to do to it when i do it for girl mode..

This morning I brushed it out and wanted to see how the side sweep bangs and ponytail were going to work.. and it works great.. even better, I think i can add makeup and look just as girly in a pony tail.. have to work the bangs a little more girly i guess..

Anyway i loved the hair, it gave me so much confidence and made me feel so good about being a girl.. I just had to share..
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is very cute! Love the dress too! Thanks for sharing!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

So pretty Starr! Bravo! My stylist isn't quite ready for that yet. And my hair is only slightly long. I had her cut it like a woman's hair last month. But...then I immediately had her cut it to boy mode. Sad. But my wife gets very upset with anything femme on me. Maybe next year.

The photo don't really do the bangs justice, as I had been out all evening and it was raining all over the place.. the moisture in the air took all the body out of my hair and bangs.. that and the flash makes them look thinner then they were since the flash reflected off my head under the hair..

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Very nice Starr. Isn't nice to be pampered once in a while. The hair looks great, some of us wish we had hair of our own to style. You look like a lovely lady.

Hugs
    Jolene

That is wonderful Starr! You are going to have a blast with it. Even just going to the stylist and have her work with it is such a wonderful feeling. I've been going to one for over 3 years now. Forget the ponytail, wear your hair in a basic femme style all the time and accessorize it when you can! People get used to seeing you with it.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Very cute style, I also love the dress. IMO, money very well spent!

cute hair like the dress Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

I am blessed with a full head of hair still and I would love to grow it out long enough to wear in a female style, but at my age and in my social and family circles, I don't think I could pull it off. Just too much hassle explaining why I would suddenly at my age decide to grow my hair to shoulder length, especially in a warm climate.

I'm still introducing Linda to my wife so there's no wig or boobs yet. When the time is right, it will be a wig for me. Sad, but that's the way it must be.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I have posted on here in other places that I had been letting my hair grow for almost 4 years now and it was just hanging straight.. I also have the problem many of us have with a high forehead and some grey moving in on my hair..

I found a lady stylist who runs her on shop and is very tgirl friendly and went and talked to her a few weeks back, then made an appointment.. well yesterday was the day i went and had her color, trim and style my long hair.. she didn't take any length off but did layer it a little, she added a red color and i just love. The main thing i was looking for but not sure how it would work was straight bangs in girl mode, and sweeping bangs in boy mode with hair in a ponytail.. well she cut the bangs not to heavy but enough to off set the long forehead look.. She also helped me with some things to do to it when i do it for girl mode..

This morning I brushed it out and wanted to see how the side sweep bangs and ponytail were going to work.. and it works great.. even better, I think i can add makeup and look just as girly in a pony tail.. have to work the bangs a little more girly i guess..

Anyway i loved the hair, it gave me so much confidence and made me feel so good about being a girl.. I just had to share..
    Starr, you look great. You know now you will have to change your avitar photo.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Oh, I do not have long hair, but I've had the same stylist for about a year. I bring in pics for her to work with and she does such a great effort. This past week we got intogirlie talk for the first time, oh she has talked me into ear piercing - doing it this week. She asked where do I buy shoes, she says she has friends as tall as I am and they can't find choices - said my last pair was from Norstroms and the conversation led to the Rack. I said that was to confusing and we went on to other things when I said I was finally going to do it and how I would love pearls and dangily things for my ears.

The ponytail is more to keep cool at work then the look itself.. i wear it down some but it is so hot working i put it up for that.. also if i don't let to many people see it down in boy mode, when in girl mode they will have a harder time connecting the girl me and the boy me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Starr, That's fantastic that you can change your style any time that you want.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    The ponytail is more to keep cool at work then the look itself.. i wear it down some but it is so hot working i put it up for that.. .
    Sometimes we don't realize how difficult it is to be an (attractive) woman.

My wife has long hair and it's hot and blows in her face when outdoors. She puts it in a pony tail for the gym or yard work but still has to clip the bangs. Then of course, it she wants it to look good to go out somewhere, there's the shampoo, conditioner, blowdrying, etc.

Me, I can just shampoo it, brush it back, and let it dry and fall into place.

The hair looks great and fits your face nicely. Mine is a little on the thin side so growing it out is not much of an option for me. I am envious. .
    Ellie
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Silver Member
    Very cute hair style that compliments your face shape! It is also great you found a stylist that is understanding and accepting of ALL your hair needs! Thanx for sharing.

Gold Member
    That is a very nice and femme look Starr. I have to admit, I just can't take that step to go to bangs. I worry about the guy mode look. Right now everything except the grey wisps ties right back into a ponytail. Can't do much about those greys. So I am glad to hear the bangs work well for you in both modes.

Very nice cut, color, and style