Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's inevitable that you will have to give it up?

Makeup addict!

Do you think it's inevitable that you will have to give it up?

This is mainly for younger crossdressers, but anyone can give their opinion

The main conflict I have with crossdressing is the possible inevitability of having to give it up. I love being a woman and prefer to be in my female clothes but I feel every time I become Katie, she's one day closer to going away for good, mainly because I know that this is still a taboo thing to do and I know I would give it all up in a heartbeat for the right woman. Do any of you feel this way?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post

The main conflict I have with crossdressing is the possible inevitability of having to give it up. I love being a woman and prefer to be in my female clothes but I feel every time I become Katie, she's one day closer to going away for good, mainly because I know that this is still a taboo thing to do and I know I would give it all up in a heartbeat for the right woman. Do any of you feel this way?
    As a CD who is not so young any more, I'm firmly convinced that you cannot give it up, regardless of whether or not you find the "right woman"(and btw, the"right woman" is the one who will not want you to give it up, but will share it with you) Any attempt to give up CDing for someone else will not only make you very very unhappy but be unsucessful. Sooner or later it will raise its lovely, silken head again.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I will try and answer this one however I'm middle age... I have stopped dressing several times over the years for the right women. I have thrown clothes away and even torched a bunch of them one time. I found that for several years I could bury all crossdressing tendencies but then it came back around again. It was the old whip factor and it cracked me hard in the back of the head. Now I have no intention of ever quitting but at the same time I have an awesome wife! I thank the stars she doesn't ask me to put it all away because I can't anymore. I'm not going to live my life with the shame and guilt as I did before, screw that but at the same time I would never want to give everything up for womens clothes either. What a crazy thing.

Gold Member
    I guess my only fear is that the kids will find out about my dressing after I die.
    I just do not want them to think badly of me; now or some time in the future.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post

You would give it all up for the right woman? Maybe for a while. But like a shiny new car that finally becomes just another monthly payment, the newness wears off and the desire to dress returns. Usually stronger than it was before.

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

yea i think we all thought that at one time and most have tried only to find it was never gone just in hiding for a short time this is not something i want to do it is something i have done all of my life and i am now comfortable with my self because it is who i amand i am happy being me and the right woman will be happy with me as i am Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Katie I feel the exact same way you do. There is nothing I love more than being Riley, but there is a feeling sometimes that I need to give it up and move on. I have quit many times and had no desire to dress but for me it just kind of takes one thing and I'm right back doing it. I dont know how things will go in the future as I'm fixin to move out of my parents house, I may give it up or the desire will grow. But I guess the only way to see is to let things take their coarse and just enjoy the time you have being Katie.

Nope, never.
    I've read so many posts here about those who've tried and the relationships destroyed by people hiding who they really are.

i just asked myself this a few hours ago. sorta freaked out at the possibility of not being able to dress or live openly about my sexuality. soon i'll have to take a pause from this wonderful lifestyle. it's a decision that has taken years for me to commit to, but it's what i want. i want to do something that will require me to be 100% committed. once that's over i will bring sandy out of the closet again.

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, Crossdressing is like the Miafa, You can't just quit it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

id love to give it up tomorrow....... what I really fear is the day I have to give up playing ice hockey..... which is coming sooner than I want.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    id love to give it up tomorrow....... what I really fear is the day I have to give up playing ice hockey..... which is coming sooner than I want.....
    If you give up hockey, there's always crossdressing.....just sayin'

I actually think that it is a great question that has caused me to think about what would happen if I had to give it all up. In your case as others have already said, I think that it will always come back from everything that I have read, though one member here believes that anyone can give it up completely. As it applies to me, being an older and very late starter, I have wondered what is going to happen when I can not physically take care of myself through an accident, severe illness or just more old age. I guess at that point I probably just have to live without it, though I really do enjoy it and embrace it as an important part of me.

Regarding your kids finding out before or after your soul leaves this good earth, I think that they will have to deal with it as best they can. My kids don't know and probably will not know unless they "discover" or catch me in the act. So, when I die they may have the answer to why I am acting different since retiring, i.e. ears pierced, plucked eyebrows and a very big closet overflowing with women's clothing and accessories. I trust me kids to handle it well, hopefully getting some good laughs out of it. Even if they do not, I really do not care. I know that they love me with all my strangeness known and unknown. When I am dead, I am dead and it really does not matter.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I have wondered what is going to happen when I can not physically take care of myself through an accident, severe illness or just more old age. I guess at that point I probably just have to live without it, though I really do enjoy it and embrace it as an important part of me.
    This is something that worries me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in an old peoples home and not be able to dress. I think that would drive me nuts. Not to hijack this thread but my wife Marla has said the same to me that it would be such a shame for an older CDer in that kind of senior home situation and she even said that she would love to go visit old folks at the home (that she knew from before) and help them dress, put makeup on etc and be able to help them to still enjoy their dressing. However, she thinks that the senior's home staff would probably have something to say about that, as well as the family of the CD (especially if they were still in the closet to their family) .. in other words. It's not really work-able or do-able.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    This is something that worries me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in an old peoples home and not be able to dress. I think that would drive me nuts. Not to hijack this thread but my wife Marla has said the same to me that it would be such a shame for an older CDer in that kind of senior home situation and she even said that she would love to go visit old folks at the home (that she knew from before) and help them dress, put makeup on etc and be able to help them to still enjoy their dressing. However, she thinks that the senior's home staff would probably have something to say about that, as well as the family of the CD (especially if they were still in the closet to their family) .. in other words. It's not really work-able or do-able.
    Now that my wife knows I don't think I could ever give it up. Its too much a part of me now - always was but now its running in high gear!

And, Rachel, you are right that the dressing assistance thing for the home bound would be hard to pull off but I admire your wife for even thinking that that would be a good idea. That is very respectable.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    If you give up hockey, there's always crossdressing.....just sayin'
    Hockey is my life.... Anything else is just a place I go between games!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Years ago, I think a lot of us thought the very same thing! Your young, and the tendency is to not believe your elders, but I am about 99% sure that it will never leave you.

But, it does "wax and wain." I think most of us have had periods in our life where we "abstained." Some individuals have reported to us that they sometimes go for many years without dressing. However, no one in my recollection, has ever claimed that "The Feelings" ever went away. It's always somewhere in the back of your mind, and just about a million things can trigger Those Feelings.

Often, Middle-Age triggers new, stronger feelings. Perhaps it's a feeling of mortality, and opportunities missed, perhaps it's decreasing testosterone levels, or maybe it's the phase of The Moon! But, none the less it seems to happen, with even the most "hard-core" Naysayer. Then we hear about all sorts of regrets, for wasted time, for unfulfilled dreams.

Your Choice? You can try to suppress it now, and probably "Pay The Piper" later, or you learn to accept what is, and build your life on some new realities.

Peace and Love, Joanie

The "right" woman for you will be someone who accepts you as you are.

Give up! Sure 'cause I already did! And Cynthia WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sure. Go ahead. Give it up. You will not be happy in the long run, trust me. I know....

Great thread! I have been thinking similar thoughts. At 58 and still single and alone, and very inot dressing, I wonder if i ever have cahance to marry. Well, after all these lonely years, I have found a lady on singlesnet.com. I have showed her many pics of Alice, and she seems to accept it, but wants a man, not a woman. I show her pics of male me, too. I have to admit, that i seem to prefer Alice, over a real woman, in some respects. I need to weigh it all, and decide if a real SO, is worth more than my dressing. I know that when we are seriosly injured, we can't dress. I got bruised ribs and chest bone, a month ago, and sure did not feel like dressing. Death will surely end dressing.

Gold Member
    Yes you will eventually have to give up crossdressing. Usually by about the age of 25 you can no longer do it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I tried to give it up when I was 14, then 15...25...35...45...55, and it's all in vain. All my three kids and two of their wives know it, my wife of course knows it, and my cat knows it. Lots of others know it too, and I never told them, LOL. So I have nothing to loose and will never give it up again. No more purging. Never. I'll move to another state if it's threatened. Heheh

I'm middle aged as well. I'm preparing myself to tell my somewhat younger, potential GF. I've never dressed as such, mostly these days I just wear panties. i could just bury it, but i don't want to start something that I think is going to be a significant relationship on the basis of a lie, even only one of omission.

I'm under 30 and married. I don't think I would ever be able to give it up. Before I accepted myself for who I am, I used to try and give it up, but it always resurfaces sometime.

I think the worse thing you can do is try and bury it, then marry, then it pops up 5/10/20 years down the line again. Remember when you marry it is not just about yourself anymore. It is now about the whole of the sum. SO and you. Honesty is the best policy in my opinion.