Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's inevitable that you will have to give it up?

Giving it up?! Please, maybe give the woman within a vacation but she isn't going anywhere for too long. Try all you may she'll keep whispering in your ear oh so softly.

lol but yea, there's no giving it up I can assure you of that.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

No. I am 26 (since the 8th...happy birthday to me...) and wouldn't trade it for the world. Why? It's who I am. I have learned to accept that point. My wife is a woman who loves me for who I am. She fully supports what I do. They are out there. Also, I have two children and I am a cop in a state that is practically 75 percent republican. I'm not giving up who I am. That just leads to disaster.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Banned Read only
    It's not inevitable that you will give it up, however odds are you will abandon it before your life's end. I am 70 and have been cross dressing since the 1950's. I have been everywhere and done it all. Dressing now is a real chore. It takes time, energy and money that is at a premium now. My results are still good 70 passing for 50 LOL.
    I still do enjoy it, more so now at home in private though. Last wekend I was out to dinner, show and karaoke. The thrill was just not there this time and has been decreasing over the past three years. I am tired of battling Societies Phobias about gender issues. Their ignorance bres me now. I no longer want to be an ambassador for Trans life. Good luck to you all. Keep in mind it does come to an end the day you look in the mirror and you see your grandmother.

Banned Read only
    Guilt and shame forced me to make a decision back in '97. I let it all go for 13 years. And then all of a sudden, in 2010, it was triggered when I told my new wife about what I once "USED" to do. She loved it and so I did and now it is in me now for life. I cannot give up the desire ever, I can obstain sometimes, for my wife's sake, and it brings me great emotional pain to have to surpress it, so now I can anytime I want to. During the 13 year purge, it never left my mind though. It did seem though that one time my boss chewed me out in his office really ,really badly. It hurt me so. On my way home that day, though it had been years, I had one of the most uncontrolable urges to become Tara, I felt weightless in my car, I had a yearning and a craving to become her, but had nothing by way of that. Something that day was calling me in my mind, though I didn't follow what I was feeling that day, but it had been years, and all of a sudden, that but chewing triggered the desire ever so strongly.

With that being said, I know with all certainty, that for some of us that have been this way since the earliest of childhood, that it (the desire) never leaves us, Tara will be with me for the rest of my life.
    Tara

I am 29, i'm married and i have a 5 year old daughter. I don't see me ever giving up. As i've got older my confidence as Katie has increased as has the quality of the result i see in the mirror. But i go through periods where i don't dress for months at a time. It always comes back....
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    This is mainly for younger crossdressers, but anyone can give their opinion

The main conflict I have with crossdressing is the possible inevitability of having to give it up. I love being a woman and prefer to be in my female clothes but I feel every time I become Katie, she's one day closer to going away for good, mainly because I know that this is still a taboo thing to do and I know I would give it all up in a heartbeat for the right woman. Do any of you feel this way?
    Oh how many times did I once repeat those words. Not saying we are alike, but I will only give it up when I draw my last breath of air. There is no taboo's in anything in life, just prejudism through ignorance. I will never give it up for anyone, ever. Accept me for who I am or move on.

I felt that way years ago. Then I found the right woman and it went away (purge)...for a while.
    It always came back and it always felt right. After hiding for 10 years she discovered me. It didn't go well, but it didn't end US.
    Back into the closet I went until about 7 years ago and then I couldn't take it any longer.
    Now after much discussion and tears I am free to be me with her love and support. The right woman was truly the right woman. And it feels so right to be the woman I felt inside as well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Been trying to give it up all my life. Will they put a pair of heels in the casket?

Silver Member
    Great insight and advice from previous posts! However, it is YOUR life to choose/decide what is going to make YOU happy, comfortable, and confident in who YOU are! As long as you do not harm others, do not fear what others may say about being who you are, doing what you do is wrong, or it is not "normal". Last count almost 5% of the entire earth population is CDing! Please do not give up that which YOU enjoy!

I haven't dressed in 16 years due to family and figure. I once was a hot to trot blonde bombshell but age took it's toll and I just gave it up, although it is still what floats my boat. Just don't dress any longer.

I have to agree with the majority here,You can try but what attracted and excited you about crossdressing never goes away ever

Its just what us girls like to do sometimes
    man i feel like a woman

Platinum Member
    I think that the idea of giving it up for the right woman is a highly unlikely and in fact dangerous delusion. Every CDr that has gotten into a marriage without telling has the idea that maybe it will go away. But that's based on the assumption that you dress to fill a void in your life...sexual or romatic...and from what you describe, dressing is more to you that a substitute for a companion. So, yes in the intial romantic throes of a relationship, your interest in dressing may abate, but ...after that initial thrill is gone, the experience of vast numbers of us has shown that the desire to dress will return. And then where are you?

Nothing is inevitable Katie, especially if we are in control of our own destiny.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As a matter of fact Im looking forward to getting older as far as dressing goes ,,Cuz when people get older they tend to start looking alike ,, Sometimes when ya see older folks its harder to tell there gender ,,So it will be easier for all of us to get by .. Yee,,,,Haww,,,Im an ol Lady,,,, Nobodys mean to an ol Lady !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Let's put it this way, I probably won't be dressed en femme when laid in my casket. But other than that...

Banned Read only
    Katie, if you cannot express yourself, not matter where your desires are, you will be totally frustrated during your stay on earth. It's not just cross dressing. It may be playing an instrument, painting, woodworking, anything. Yes, cross dressing is taboo or frowned upon by society. However, that does not mean you should be forced to give it up. Life is about balance. One thing should not consume you because it will not let you enjoy other things in life. Balance, balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    id love to give it up tomorrow....... what I really fear is the day I have to give up playing ice hockey..... which is coming sooner than I want.....
    There's always the "running of the brides" in Boston and elsewhere. Probably almost as physical as hockey and you get to shop at the same time!
    Sally

Aspiring Member
    Yep, you can give it up for the "right" woman...for a while or extended period of time... days, months, years???...then it comes back stronger than before. Ditto other posts... Amanda

At 20 years old i've already tried to give this up numerous times . I'm at the point where i've just accepted this is a part of me . While keeping this a secret while trying to date is very difficult because any time I start to have feelings for a girl , I wonder what the repercussions of me telling her that I CD will be. Especially since i'm a very masculine guy , she'll probably think i'm some sexual deviant who only does this to get off.

So i'm hoping one day , I can find that right girl who will love me for Chris and Christina . For the time being though I'm just going to enjoy life and see where the hell I end up .

I used to wish it would go away. I enjoy it tho and as you grow up youll probably understand that your allowed to be what you want.. that freedom is all we have. if its crossdressing or anything you like to do. its a matter of creating a space in your life for it.. its not easy and nobody prepares you to deal with the challenge.. it is your challenge. each has a challenge..

Give it up? No.......No more.
    I was a closet CD'er from high school, college, and afterwards....felt shame & guilt.
    When I made a major career change, I purged, and vowed to give it up......didn't work.
    When the stock market crashed in '08, and my company was laying off people, and I took a salary reduction, and I was drowning in debt , I felt like the world was coming to an end......so I went back into CD'ing. It was very self medicating. That's when I discovered I had a true identity.
    Salary restored, home mortgage saved, then I became a part-time girl, and now I live it as often as I can......not all the time, but fairly frequently if and as I wish.

Nathalie is a part of me...not the whole or sum of me. ....and I accept and embrace this part of me.

Societal pressure and my own guilt and shame caused me to deny it even to myself for 40+ years, yet for some reason it kept sneaking out until this Internet thing finally made information available to me so that I could understand myself better.

Expecting the "right woman" to cure you is unfair both to you and to that woman. The right woman will be accepting of all your facets.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I know I have to give it up. I still get pleasure from it, but not nearly as much as I used to. Honestly it's been somewhat of an addiction more than a hobby in the past and when I dress up anymore, it feels like I'm chasing that first high...the high that I can never experience again.

When I think of the kind of person I want to be, I want to be a person who's not a crossdresser. I know this will offend some...or many, but that's how I feel. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't still try to have fun in the meantime...

Hi,

Ill be a bit flipint ,

Heck...... whatll i wear, no male clothes no boy ummm spare bits . what will ill do, hate those guy clothes detest them & i wont wear them. bugger all else to wear. spos a sack over my head then. or the straight jacket in the little padded room, ill go insane , ....i am so it wont matter then will it.

You cant give up what you are , you can try And ,,,,,youll fail so take our advise , dont try, youll be sorry.

...noeleena...

I don't feel like I'll have to give it up for the right woman, because I think the right woman will be okay with me and how I dress, however I do think that my youthful, boyish good looks that continue to get me carded even at 30, and that allow me some leeway into wearing some makeup and putting together workable "guy in skirt" outfits are definitely a blessing with a limited shelf life. I suppose women do have to adapt their styles as they grow older as well and so perhaps I will find a way to do so as well, but I don't know if my body at 40 or 50 will give me the sort of freedom I have at 30 to really explore my wardrobe the way I do.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog