Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to wear fem when not...

what to wear fem when not...

i want to dress all the time but for obviuos reasons cant. besides wearing panties, bras, stockings and hoes what else can i wear in male mode to get me through the day?

im sooo close to just wearing my flats out lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A necklace for one.

It depends on where you're going and what you are doing in male mode, but you can wear female jeans and jean shorts as long as they are not too "girly" and nobody will notice or care. Those are the only jeans and shorts I wear anymore unless I'm working on the car or in the yard. Don't get the really short shorts. I actually cut the bottoms off capris to make my girl shorts.

T shirts, turtle neck shirts and sweaters may work. Look at women in your area and notice what clothing items are not too "manly". Follow their lead.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Painted toe nails work good! Clear polish on finger nails is a good one! Give it a try! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    A good, tight tuck under tight, sexy nylon panties will give you that feminine flat feeling down there and make you feel as much like a girl as you possibally can. Try it, you'll like it!!

what are the "obvious" reasons why you can't dress how you wish?

lol mainly the living in a small town where most ppl know me and i think i would get beaten lol. i do wear toe polish but dont show it and always have clear on my nails. visible shaven legs and arms too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you can wear anything you want. Its what I do everyday. Fem slacks, tops, shoes, etc...just keep to darker colors and no "frills". Many tops/blouses can be found that even tho they might have buttons on the wrong side will not be noticeable. If you work in an environment that lots of women are around (and they will surely notice what you have on - mainly because they probably have it in their closet) keep to button-less tops/pullovers if possible. Many slacks/jeans are indistinguishable from their male counterparts. Tennis shoes are pretty unisex anymore and there are many selections of womens loafers that look like mens "European" designs. Have fun with it!

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    lol mainly the living in a small town where most ppl know me and i think i would get beaten lol. i do wear toe polish but dont show it and always have clear on my nails. visible shaven legs and arms too

I wouldn't worry too much its much more acceptable to be gay now.........I'm not saying you're gay but that is what people will think

I suspect you were asking about clothing items but in the make up catigory, I get away with a fleshtone conceler on the eyes and a light eye shadow. If you look close you can see the sparkle but most don't look that close. I also will use a hand lotion with a slight fem sent. Again not terribly noticable but something that makes me feel good. Also any undergarments that are seer enough can work too.

Platinum Member
    Women's jeans and slacks, and quite a few women's tops are fairly androgynous.

I have worn sandals out in public nearly identical to the ones in the link, nobody has said a word about them.

http://m.rackroomshoes.com/product.asp?sku=210302

Gold Member
    I wear Fem jeans, and they look like any man jeans. Also you could wear a corset or girdle;
    And if anyone says anything, tell them you have a back problem, and your are wearing a back brace.
    It worked for me for a Long time, and I still do once in a while.
    Rader

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Fem. jeans, fem. loafers and other "flats", various pieces of jewelry, mascara (brown), light foundation and powder, lip gloss your natural color (or clear), hair can be changed to a more fem style, tight jeans will require (and help to hold) a good tuck. Oh, and shape wear!

The funny thing is that if you walk like a guy, no one will put 2 and 2 together!

Pink in a punk or pop manner, at least in details like a pink studded belt or cellphone cover, are easy ones to get away with Be creative, be confident and noone will question it.

Women's jeans/slacks/shorts are a start (although it's winter where you are so shorts might be a problem). There are styles of women's shoes that are androgynous as well as women's sneakers. Many tops are easily worn in both modes.
    All this just depends on your comfort level and how far you want to push things.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I wear womens tops, pants, shorts & shoes all the time. Just dont get too fem with the items.

Silver Member
    Great ideas from previous posts, but consider some jewelry: ear studs (both ears) or small hoop earrings, tennis bracelet, ankle bracelet, shorter length necklaces, toe rings, and the new trend a cross-body purse. Whatever you wear, always be comfortable and confident in your "packaging"! Enjoy.

I wear a necklace and magnetic wrist band that is slightly more woman but can go either way. I also love to wear a sexy cami with just the right amount of lace under my shirt. I let the top buttons open just so the lace peaks out. This all works great with the right girl jeans - they fit a little snug with some stretch and I feel gloriously fem.

Please don't get caught just wearing flats and walking around out side. Now you can dress androgynous by wearing all the other stuff you named and try women's slacks and some type of top that looks andro. Or just any colored girls t shirt. Ladies slacks have no back pockets. Check your size and go to a thrift store and look up a few or a couple pair. You won't exactly have to stay with black try gray brown blue. Go look, look for girls collared shirts/tops. I will begin dressing this way at work. Life I'm loving it.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyGreene View Post
    I have worn sandals out in public nearly identical to the ones in the link, nobody has said a word about them.

http://m.rackroomshoes.com/product.asp?sku=210302
    These are cool. I have a pair very similar to those, along with about 30 other pairs of womens/unisex flip flops and flat sandals that can be worn in non-fem mode.

Choker necklaces, stud or small hoop earrings, and other body jewelry is always a plus.

As far as womens jeans, try Levi's 524 if you like skinny fit jeans. Or if you like bootcut jeans, Gap makes a nice pair with plain pockets and not too much of a flair at the bottom. Another good androgynous women's brand is Seven.
    But if you don't like shopping in the women's section there are plenty of brands of men's jeans that are very andro and fit like girl jeans (i.e. Levi's 510/511, Bullhead "Drakes", Vans "Slimbo" or "Skinnymo", Social Collision, Lip Service, Quiksilver "quikjeans").

Other unisex stuff I enjoy: shoes - Converse all-star low-tops, black 'goth' style lace-up boots, slides/soccer sandals, backless sneakers, or sneakers with really thick soles. Shirts - Helix brand, Sonoma brand, or any 'vintage fit' t-shirt brand, tight tanktops, or just cut the sleeves off of old tight-fitting tees. Striped or colored knee-high socks, or toe-socks. Footless tights underneath ripped jeans. Studded belts/bracelets. Colored lip balm, mascara, light foundation/concealer.

jean, pants, and shorts off the ladies rack work for me

Lots of good suggestions depending on how far you want to go. While I'm limited on what I can wear externally, I underdress, have glossy toe nails, shaved pits and partially shaved legs, wear women's deodorant and a little perfume most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    Well, I've also begun to shave my arms... My legs now have been done. I happen to work with my sister in law, let me tell you THAT first day was a joy! Lol, not at all!! I was waiting for her to say something rude, it's what she does. Honestly I don't think she even noticed going on a week now and not one rude word. If you live in a small town people should know you, if wanting to be more feminine is what you want, then go for it if your not gay then why should anyone care? If you are, and they DO care, well, maybe they find you sexy, even if they can't say it.. Poor poor sad people, be the hot little mamma you know you are screw them and their narrow minds of discontent! My ONLY regret is I did not start younger, I know I would have soooo pretty by now go for it girl! Don't let anyone hold you back! You will win

Hillary

All the above are great suggestions. I do them all maybe not all at once.
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-19-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: 2nd bullet point here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content
    Vicky from Michigan

You could get your ears pierced. Nearly all women have pierced ears, and many guys these days too.