Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The REALITY of passing?

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    hell most people have hard time just passing as humans......
    still hilarious
    regent,

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    still hilarious
    Yeah, right, eh?

I can pass for the most part because I'm 5'6" , and peoples' radar is off me.

But at the same time, I feel some folk are so scared to judge whether I am a man or a woman, that they let it slide and don't judge. They are simply being nice and courteous so they don't accidentally offend me.
    On the other hand, some people seem so oblivious and seriously stupid and blind that they have no idea that the person they were talking to is a guy. I've had that happen often.
    I like that.

I've never been looking for CD's/TS's, and I've seen them in the course of going abut my daily business. The MTF ones I've spotted have all been dressed at least somewhat inappropriately or in the case of one FTM guy, a truck driver who periodically made deliveries to the company I used to work for, didn't diguise female traits well enough. I worked in the receiving department, so I had to interact with him, and I'm sure that he was FTM as his body shape was distinctly female, his voice was still feminine-sounding and he was wearing a really fake-looking false mustache.

On the other hand, I've met trans people, both FTM and MTF in support group settings that I would have never clocked as being trans in a million years, so there are definitely trans people who pass without any problem whatsoever.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, so while I am in the Chicago metropolitan area, I am nowhere near being in the big city. The town where I live is a fairly quiet, conservative, moderate-sized suburb.

I think you're possibly onto something regarding people dressing more scantily where you are in Florida. Up here we can usually wear more clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Adam's apples are not a sure indicator of gender. Many men don't have one and some women do have one.

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/women-adams-apples
    You're right about that. I've known a couple females with huge Adam's apples, both of who have born children, so there's absolutely no question about their genetic sex. An Adam's apple is definitely not 100% reliable when it comes to determining genetic sex.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 07-20-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    My name is Carol.

Banned Read only
    One thing is for sure. Even IF one does get "clocked"...

NO one who participates at this Forum has ever died from being clocked.

I am also willing to bet that not even one person here got clocked at some point and stopped cold turkey completely from going out "dressed" again?

Basically I've always been an "observer".
    I've always watched women when I was out anywhere so that I could see what styles look good an what shapes, ages, heights, etc. I have always used this to refine my style rather than guess at what might be good for me.
    As such I've seen other "girls" at times. It seems the old phrase "takes one to know one" is sometimes true as the other person may be quite under the radar to the general public but the "tells" are quite visible to those of us who know what they are. This is handy as well as it tells me what things I need to control/disguise to better go about my business as just one of the girls.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gold Member
    I think it will vary among us. Some people just don't turn their attention to others around them and others soak it all in. It seems when I do notice a CD, it starts with a reaction to something in my peripheral vision that causes me to look over their way. So subconsciously I must be picking up some kind of (even subtle) clues. Sometimes it is just timing like last weekend I went to an Ulta and from about 15 feet away, I could tell a lady getting a make-over was CD. I just happened to be looking before anything was applied so the shadow was easier to pick up. I hope she had a blast. She had the best working on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    One thing is for sure. Even IF one does get "clocked"...

NO one who participates at this Forum has ever died from being clocked.

I am also willing to bet that not even one person here got clocked at some point and stopped cold turkey completely from going out "dressed" again?
    Well you would be wrong! I was clocked some years ago by two 15 year old girls in a drug store, they stalked me trough out the store, I was so rattled by it, I went home, and have been there every since, I found out, I don't like being read!
    I have seen others out there a time or two, and yes it was the visual that gave them away. But then the last one wasn't trying very hard to pass.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    To answer your question I am almost 7ft tall and yes I pass as a woman in public now! Tall women do exist in the world and for me I found that in the early years I did not have that attitude that said I am a woman! When I say attitude I mean I did not think of myself as a woman when I was out and about town! I had several events that basically let me know I was now accepted as a woman and at first I was like ok what is going on!

Now on noticing other TGs, I have walked past a few in my 42 years and some of them know me as Victoria and I stood either behind them or held the door open for them and I was in guy mode! Like I said a few of them know me from online and they had no clue that I myself knew them. I do not look for them and I know that some are so blended till you would never know. I am part of a support group and most of us you would never know if we are GG or TG. I stopped worrying about my height so I consider myself as passable.

My suggestion to anyone going out to answer #3 is not to go out in the world till you have basic knowledge of walking in heels and how to put yourself together as a woman! Your voice is not as big of a deal as we think! I know some women who as GGs and their voice is deeper than my guy voice! I know some men who are not TG I think and have female voices!

Now some say nobody passes 100% and that's true however I have seen a few GGs who people thought where men! My mother had to deal with it because of her height and one time she was 8 months pregnant! So to be honest what is truly passable other than ones view of what is Male and what is female! We all have this view of what each gender looks like and if anyone expresses their gender slightly different people get confused. Look at female body builders as an example!

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I guess I'm a little biased, but in recent years, I've stopped caring about passing and more on being "me". Sure, I can get all dolled up and lbend in dairly easily, but then Ive got the right cheekbones, I'm half woman to begin with, and I try not to stand out unless its for a show.
    When you really get past all the worries of passing and start living... you actually begin to pass better and people don't pay attention to you

my two cents...
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

does it realy matter i'am not even sure what planet i'am most of the time i just like being multi talented

susie

The more you go out and blend in the less you think about passing except on the highway driving a car.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.