Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattos and body modification

Tattos and body modification

I don't think about my tattoos much these days, 3 of them, a small on on my left arm, a tribal type design shoulder blade to shoulder blade and an alien; as in the alien movies, and alien vs predator, that's nearly 12inches. I love them they are a part of me literally, but I am torn between, covering them up by wearing long skirts, or say the hell with it and wear what I want, if and when I do go out as. I know that is something I have to find out on my own. This does however makes me curious if anyone else out there has had something similar.

Alexisninsar Same as you. three, one left arm heart with wifes name, two on right arm, always hard to cover with strapless dress. tried all forms of coverup, did not work. always wear sleved blouses out in public, in my home or among friends i dont care. would not have them removed , reminds me of the "problem" days. Luv Roberta

Its a hard one. I love my tattoos so much, but I appreciate there are certain situations you need cover them up for. I have to cover mine for work, which I totally get, but when I'm out and I love having them on show. You just have to look out where you are going and who you are going to be with and adjust from there. Know your audience and so forth.

If you love your tattoos and they are a part of you then why worry about about coving them up? If you are confident enough to dress enfemme out and about and don't care what people think, then why worry about your tattoos. I say wear what the hell you want. Life is too short to worry that sort of thing.

I have lots of tattoos, including a huge back piece. I can't wait to get home from work so I can wear clothes that don't cover them up.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

But that wrinkly 80 year old man will look back on his life and say "damn, I did everything I wanted".
    Then he will die right there on the beach.

Not a whole lot of people look good at 80 either way, and if I find some art that I have to wear on my body then I will do it with no regret.

Kat Von D, as well as plenty of female models have tons of tattoos.

In your situation, I'd say get even more and just rock it out like any tough girl. Why not?

Look at this pinterest page for dozens of example of what I mean:

http://pinterest.com/eash83/beauty-i...-the-beholder/

Totally tough and totally feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    So, say you get to 70 y.o-80 y.o. and those tatoos shrink along with your body...getting all wrinkled....I've seen 70 y.o men at the beach with old shriveled up tats...not a pretty picture...Only thing I'm putting on my Birthday Suit is CLOTHING...Hmmm. WHAT a concept!

No thanks. No tats for me...but you go ahead on..
    I think that most people who get tattoos these days are aware of this, and just want to enjoy themselves while they are young and their bodies are still fresh-looking.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Right......and your 'avatar section' 'confirms' you 100% insane......SURELY you meant inane...

And so you were saying? ....
    Nice personal attack there, and for what?
    Posting my opinion as a contrast to yours?

Okay enough with the bickering. We are all supposed to be adults here.
    Purple8229 most people knows that it is permanent, however there are now laser treatment that can remove them google "Bryon Widner"
    Now as for mine the alien was the first and it was a year from when I wanted it to when I got it.
    actually forgot one, my wedding band tattoo.

I have no tattoos , except for a couple of pencil lead jabs I did accidentally when I was a kid, they are still there.

Body modification: if one can get facial feminization surgery, I want to surgically reconstruct my face to look like a cat, particularly a cheetah.
    Well, enough of the bizarre fantasies. Ink's not my thing, neither is anything beyond ear & nose piercing.

We must each make our own choice on whether or not to cover up the tats.

I have but one small TAT on the outside of my right ankle. so I don't worry about it. It is of my business logo.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I disagree SV. MOST young people are not aware of this. Show me a disclaimer. In writing. From any tat shop...go ahead. Feel free....
    More along the lines of when young people start talking about how they got a tattoo/are planning to get a tattoo, there are always going to be people saying things like, "Do you really want something like that on your body for the rest of your life?" / "It'll wrinkle when you get old" / "What you think is cool now may not seem cool to you 20 years later", etc. I doubt that there are any teenagers, however naive they may be, that have not considered this. Or maybe I'm just biased because I always thought of my future when I was a teen and never decided to get any tattoos myself. But either way, when I am interacting with someone who already has tattoos, I try to be tactful and not talk about how ugly the tattoos will look when they get older - I figure that they already considered the negative consequences and thought it through.

I always hate how people always chime in with the "you'll regret them when your old line." Why anyone thinks its their business I'll never know. This is along the lines of, "ooo you'd look so pretty if you didn't dye your hair", or even the dreaded "You look so much better as a man, why do you want to dress as a women?" Yeah, its not nice is it? I even get "You don't like alcohol? Wow, you need to grow up!" and "You don't want kids? You'll change your mind." People always feel entitled to comment on stuff that doesn't concern them at all.

At the end of the day its up to you what you want to do with your own personal body. I certainly don't go around telling people that they will regret "insert behaviour here" when they are old. It's really not my place to say. I always laugh how its always people without tattoos who care if you have them. People with tattoos couldn't careless if you don't have any.

By all means you are entitled to your opinions and I totally get some people don't like them. That's fine, in fact that's more than fine!. We are all individuals. Just put your hands up and say "Hey they aren't for me!"
    However its a pretty awfully rude thing to say to someone that they will regret them. How do you know? How do you know anything about that person? I know tons of older people who don't regret their tattoos at all! We are all adults here who can make our own choices. To say anything otherwise is pretty patronising. Open mindedness please.

And now a word from my Good friend Willy Wonka!

We all get old and wrinkly when we age. So when I get old, I will be old but I'll have my tattoos and I'll still feel damn awesome. In fact I look forward to it. If the worst thing I can say about myself age 80 is "hmm my tattoos are getting a bit saggy" I'll be in a great place!
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-19-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

seductively seductive Cassandra86's Avatar
    Me personally im a big fan of tattoos and piercings. I have three tattoos one on my back is my last name with two stars on each side of it. Then my wifes name on the right side of my neck and my sons name over my heart. My ears are gauged to ten and my lip is pierced twice called snake bites. I never worry about covering any of them up and plan o- getting more a lot more. I also plan on getting a couple that are more for cassandra and femine like im tattooing a garter on my upper leg and also im putting a tattoo of a design i drew up showing im a crossdresser and thats just cus its something important to me
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genuine and its better to be absolutely ridiculous then absolutely boring...Marilyn Monroe

Got my first tattoo after i turned 40, my wife helped design it. I think it is truely a piece of art and will always be proud of it.
    My other tats are a ring of thorns around my pierced nipples, and these are just pure self indulgence.
    The body modification I'm most proud of , is the impression of my wedding ring. after losing two my wife got me one 2 sizes too small.
    After all, aren't we all doing some form of modification in our efforts to look and feel good crossdressing.

I love my tattoos. I started off with some motorcycle parts on my upper back. I placed them where they are specifically so they would show when I was wearing a backless top while dressed. Since then I've also had a motorcycle chain tattooed on my right upper thigh wrapping around to just above my knee (which looks really cool poking out of a short skirt while wearing pantyhose and I'm currently having a very girly fully color pinup themed design done (think Suicide Girls) on my left shoulder and upper arm.

The design I'm thinking about getting is one on my pelvis of the mixed male/female symbols. I've met a few other T-girls that have that and it looks really cool.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

So, say you get to 70 y.o-80 y.o. and those tatoos shrink along with your body...getting all wrinkled....I've seen 70 y.o men at the beach with old shriveled up tats...not a pretty picture...Only thing I'm putting on my Birthday Suit is CLOTHING...Hmmm. WHAT a concept!

No thanks. No tats for me...but you go ahead on..
    I think a lot of tattoos -- actually most tattoos -- are ugly and stupid and unoriginal.

... But the argument that I've heard forever that says tattoos are a bad idea because they'll look bad when you're old is asinine! When you saw a 70-year-old man at the beach with shriveled-up tats, did you say to yourself, "OMG, that 70-year-old guy would be so hot if he didn't have tattoos!"???

Sheesh.

That's actually a good argument for tattoos! By the time you're old enough to regret it, you'll be un-f***able anyway.

A tribal tattoo, tramp stamp, or a flash skull or butterfly screams that you were desperate to be "edgy" but just couldn't come up with anything even marginally artistic. But an old guy with a faded bluish tattoo of something you can barely make out gives him some personality.

i might be able to help some ppl out here. im now 22 years of age, i got my first tattoo when i was 19. ihave roughly 60 hours of work done costing over $6500. i do not regret any of them because ive always been aware that they are there for ever and i will always llove what i got tattoed for the rest of my life. i cant wait til im 80 so i can still look at my body and remeber the good times even if they look like garbage lol.

anyhoo back to the question lol if i could id like to cover up my chest/collar bone ink cause i cant create any cleavage and ive never ever seen a GG with tats there. but i just wear a collar shirt or dress and do fine. many compliments on how sexy i look while dressed with tattoos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought about it for a long time before I got my tattoo for my 50th birthday, on my upper arm, not too masculine or feminine. I like it, it's part of my personality. If I put on a strapless dress I may cover it up, otherwise I leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    ... i do not regret any of them ... i will always llove what i got tattoed for the rest of my life. ...

... if i could id like to cover up my chest/collar bone ink ...
    Seems ironic when you take out the middle part.

I'm just messin' with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    But an old guy with a faded bluish tattoo of something you can barely make out gives him some personality.
    That "faded bluish tattoo" may turn out to be just a bruise or a scar. It could have an interesting story behind it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveta View Post
    That "faded bluish tattoo" may turn out to be just a bruise or a scar. It could have an interesting story behind it though.
    An old guy who is the victim of domestic violence? An interesting story indeed!

I cant say i plan on gettin one, but i ain't gonna say nothin bad bout those who do. as long as it is appropriate for the occasion, i got no complaints. as far as the debate of whether you should get one or not, here is a video that expresses both sides of the argument quite well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pSt2gACrc
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

That's actually funnier than most Red vs. Blues I remember seeing...

"Now think if you had drawn a picture on your body 10 years ago. Would you be happy with it today? Chances are, you wouldn't be. UNLESS IT WAS COOL!"

If and when i reach 80 yrs old and that tattoo i got is when i was younger is sagging or wrinkled and thats all i have to be upset or regret about hmmmmm. THEN IT MUST OF BEEN ON HELL OF A RIDE I"LL BE VERY HAPPY!

( one hell of a ride) sorry typo error