Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattos and body modification

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I support people that like them and have no problem with it at all just something I never did.
    There were all kinds of tat parlors in south east Asia and a lot of my friends got tats to document that part of their life.
    One team member got a small black hash mark to log his kills which I found kinda sick but it was a sick and surreal time.
    I did consider it a few times just never had that much R&R time.
    The one I considered was the Ranger sleeve banner in olive drab like on the uniform (and in the same place).
    The other was the 101st Airborne arrow logo like this patch I had on my hat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-20-2012 at 12:08 PM.

I got my tattoos when I was trying to be a man and control my "femaleness". That means I have very macho tattoos. But now I am finally getting rid of the last of them. YAY!!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Alexis, I find body modifacation of all types fascinating but it's
    not something that I m ready for except maybe small ear studs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I have rather large arms and several manly tattoo's I was asked once why those tattoo's? I said well I tried to be a guy years ago but it just didn't work out.....

thanks for all of your advice.

Some interesting points I'd never considered here. I have on occasion fantasized about having stocking tops and backseams tattooed on my legs, but that's just me being frivolous. If I had been in the navy I'd be very proud to have the name of my ship tattooed on my upper arm. Right now it's just so mainstream to get inked that I wouldn't do it. I'd only get a tattoo to be different or rebellious. So I suppose I am rebelling by not getting inked. This is only my feeling, I don't want to impose my views on anybody and when done tastefully body art can be quite nice.

I am pretty heavily tattooed. I don't get tattoos to be rebellious, I get them because they look good. I have many flowers, skulls, gods and goddesses, all sorts of stuff. I think it's funny where people draw their lines, being heavily tattooed is basically a lifestyle choice, and some people just don't get it. Tattooed people know that, but it goes with the territory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The question of tattoos has crossed my mind from time to time. I have often thought the more feminine looking tattoos are more interesting and artisitic, but if one is still "in the closet" (as I am), sporting a tattoo which is more "appropriate" on a female form is where I begin to waver. I would love to find a design that is pretty when dressed, but not overtly feminine when in drab.

No tattoos here. I'm an actor by profession, and ink can lose you a job, more so than most careers. I dig piercings though, and am currently working my way up each ear. They are easier to hide/harder to see when you take the jewelry out.

I'm currently having some rather male tattoos covered with a more fem. design It's been a life long journey I'll probably be that 80 year old in the tattoo shop getting new ink. lol

Aspiring Member
    Okay, I'm not 80 years old yet but every year I get closer and closer. Yes, I have several tattoos and everyone of them has a feminine motif. They are on places where I can wear shorts and t-shirts in male mode and not be seen. If I wear a tank top or two piece bikini, there they are for the whole world to admire. Some will say that tats are not for them and some swear by them. Here is what I have to say: tattoos are like back yard swimming pools, you don't put them in to enhance the value of your home but because you enjoy swimming and the recreational activities that they provide. Yes swimming pools are permanent fixtures at your home but you get it installed for yourself not the next owner. If you would like to have a permanent memory of someone or just make a statement, get a tattoo but if you are afraid you won't like it in 10 years then refrain. I am not afraid of commitment: my wife and my tats are forever.

Tats are a matter of personal choice, some like them some don't, so what. Now days both men and women are wearing more and more tats and right out for all to see. leg tats are common on the ladies, as well as shoulder, arms and everywhere in between. I've seen women with roses, I've seen them with skulls. You got them, wear them, after all you can't take them off. Clothes are suppose to cover the parts of your body you want clothed, not all of it, at least not by western standards. so show your tats or don't no one will care.
    Oh, I'm 68, I've had a tattoo since I was 18. So far it is not faded too much, it is not wrinkled at all, and looks pretty much the way it did the day I got it. It's on my upper arm, where I don't see it all the time, but when I do it reminds me of my youth and the good old days.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Tina, it's only been 50 years. Maybe it didn't fade and wrinkle yet, but it will! WHEN YOU'RE OLDER YOU'LL REGRET IT!

Interesting points of view from both sides of the fence. What I find fascinating, and without wishing to target any specific member for any reason other than a statement I wish to address, are comments on how structures we might add to our homes are permanent. Erm, no they're not! They can be removed and replaced with something different. Tattoos are permanent and very costly and painful to have removed - with no guarantee of success.

I'm of the live and let live camp but I am personally aghast at some designs and positioning of them. By all means feel personal pride in showing them off but take it from me, there are far more people who are sickened when they see them on prominent show in public. I can't recall anyone telling me to look at someone's tattoo because they think it's cool, but all too often they point to someone and will say look at the state of that instead. It seems to me the only people who think tattoos are a good thing are those who have them, and in doing so then encourage younger more impressionable people to have them too.

Are they cool? Yeah, if you say so... Hell will freeze over before I'm convinced though!

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I'm fully covered from my head to toe and down on my hands. I don't care if I look feminine or not because I dress for me and nobody else. I'm sure when I get older I will have many regrets, but none of them will be that I'm covered. I also bet if you ask anyone who is 80 if they have any regrets you'll get a good list. Maybe I'll regret not coming out about my dressing, Moving to a different city, Taking a different job, buying a motorcycle, the list could be endless. But I won't regret not getting covered when I had the chance. I do see plenty of 70, 80+ year old people coming into a shop wanting to get one before they die though.
    I had a woman tell me that I'll regret that (pointing to my arms with a look of disgust on her face) when I get older. I told her she'll regret not losing her weight if she gets older. Yes it was mean, but people shouldn't judge others unless they're perfect themselves.

Aspiring Member
    Is there anyone else who compared swimming pools tattoos? Well I guess it is just as expensive to remove a tattoo as it is to fill your inground pool with dirt. Any real estate agent will tell you that a swimming pool doesn't enhance the value of your home and you get only a portion of your investment back. I don't wish to target any member from another country but as old as the homes are there, no wonder you can tear it up and rebuild to suit....Nana nana booboo: you started it!

For those contemplating a tattoo my suggestion is to work up the design and refine it to exactly what you want. Put it in a drawer. A year later, take it out and look it over. If you still feel the same way about getting it done then perhaps you should go ahead and do it.

I'm doing electrolysis, another form of permanent body modification. I thought long and hard before I decided to proceed.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

tastes like chicken Lilly Black's Avatar
    check out my cool new tattoo!
    photo.jpg

i have seven tat's and i try to cover the larger one on my back but all of my tat's are fairly large but my back is the only one i try to cover, but it does give me an excuse to wear knee high boots more often

Tattoos, hell yeah :-D ears pierced, two holes each ear, pierced navel, ears up to a 2g stretch when i feel like it. Fem tattoos (tramp stamp and hips). Still want more though, but dont want it to interfere with my fem mode... Would like to hear more input from u gals on this...

I've been contemplating a tat for about 2 years now. But I don't have any body mods yet.

Hey Nanaya; Tattoos are addictive!!! After you get the first one, you want more, then more...
    Bit of advice, please dont ever get any cheezy stuff, like jokes etc. Stick.to something that flows with your body, and enhances its sexiness. A well designed.and placed tattoo is uber sexy!

BTW: I am a tattoo artist and have my own studio. And ive seen many badly thought of tattoos, which the person getting it thought it would be cool or funny...

Indeed, the tattoo I want isn't a joke or anything. It's a tat I found on the internet that I thought was super cool, and have since then wanted to have it.

EDIT: Here's the image

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I support people that like them and have no problem with it at all just something I never did.
    There were all kinds of tat parlors in south east Asia and a lot of my friends got tats to document that part of their life.
    One team member got a small black hash mark to log his kills which I found kinda sick but it was a sick and surreal time...
    Thank you for your service Tracii, Elfin (USN, 1971...)
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

That is very nice Nanaya... ;-)