Thread: possible makeover opportunity and fist time out

possible makeover opportunity and fist time out

well a little background. I have never gone out yet 100%. In a few weeks I will be by myself for a few days wife and kids going out of town. I went to amanda richards in 2009 for first makeover ever and that is where profile pic is from. I answered a craiglist add from a makeup artist, she called me and said she has alot of experience with makeup application and wigs etc and happens to be an hour closer drive than amanda. Then she mentioned she teaches makeup lessons at a school and the day I wanted to get it done she would be teaching. She asked me if i was confortable she would love me to be the model in class to teach 8 cosmotologists proper ways to do makeup for crossdressers. Being peranoid i blocked my ell number whenc i called her back she
    said she usually wont answer blocked calls. I tried to call and confirm yesterday and she . didnt answer the call or repond to an email. I looked her up on the net and she is the real deal. Should i unblock my number and call her to confirm? Does this sound like too much being in front of 9 women for a makeover? Is this an opportunity i shouldt pass up? And of course if i were to be busted for some reason it would prob be the straw that breaks the camels back with my wife. Please help

First, you look lovely in your avatar picture. I have been to Amanda's twice, the first time for a makeover and the second for a makeover and photo session. That being said, I have also gone to quite a few makeup artists who claimed to have had experience with tgirls, each turned out to be disappointing.
    Also, after all of the things that have happened with advertisements on Craigslist, I don't think you are being paranoid at all. After the experiences that I have had with "experienced makeup artists", and for only an additional hours drive, why not go the the best. If it were up to me, I'd call Amanda right now and make another appointment.

i no there few and far between, but maybe try a pay phone?

I think you answered your own question cause you said she was the real deal. She is going to make you look your best like your avatar and the 8 artists are going to love you and being able to learn it in class rather than just some day in a salon or store. I can't tell you to go for it as you really do need to figure it out. But what is the most promising part is you will get all the same training as those 8 people. Now what do you think.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Personally I'd go for it..... as long as your sure that no one in the class or school knows anyone you know.... be awkward if one of the students was your nieces best friend and proceeds to take a photo and text it to your niece.... lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you are calling from a cell phone, I would think that you should be pretty safe to call her back with the number un-blocked. There are some great apps that you can install to permanently block certain numbers. I have one on my phone. I would call her back if you are interested. I would certainly get some more detailed information on who she is, what school she is teaching at. Then I would look the school up on the Internet and call them to verify that she is who she says she is. If it all checks out, it could be a fun experience. Just be safe about it and don't go in blind.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

The straw that broke the camel's back with your wife? If your wife means anything to you, there is no question as to what to do. You did not say how local this women is, but if reasonably close, there is that chance that one of her students knows someone that knows you. What if anyone of them posted your picture on Facebook or other site? If it were me, I would not risk it. But then again, I don't do anything behind my SO's back. Not that I'm condemning you if you do. Is a couple of hours having someone do your makeup that important? Is it worth the risk of breaking the camels back? Not to me. I can do my own makeup and the risk is not worth it.

thanks for the responses

nicole thanks for the nice coments and i sort of agree with you about going to amanda $ is the biggest issue for me there bu i agree if i go there i can be rest assured i am go out ready. Also it almost 3.5 hrs from home and am worried what if sonething happens i am not sure i would be able to explain myself out of that one. I guess just kind of scared.
    Sonna i never thought of the payphone option
    contessa my thought exactly i could get 8 different opinions good or bad
    karen is that you in the avatar pic? You look great.

Your avatar says "Looking for a GG".

I feel very sad for your unsuspecting wife.

P.S.

Just read some of your recent posts...
    'OMG PLease HElp with computer issue'
    'the thing about being bi is i am so attracted to a ******* there gorgeous'
    'the last time we had sex i coulnt complete the deed unless i was dressed'
    Last edited by Momarie; 07-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

my apologies

my apologies Momarie, looking for GG was just for help with appearance and for nothing else. I have removed it. I dont know what else to say i have issues with who i am and just looking for support from those that may have gone through it as well for some advice

What are you worried about regarding your phone? It's highly unlikely that a makeup artist would turn into a stalker. If you're worried about the artist's name showing up on the phone simply make that number a contact with a name like "Joe's Body and Fender Repair."

This issue with this being the "Straw that breaks the camel's back with your wife" needs addressing. If you're making all day road trips without good reason she is likely (and rightfully) going to be suspicious. Perhaps you should consider ways to bring her on board.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have to agree that your first issue is the wife. My wife has approved road trips (wont let me dress at home and drive out through the neighborhood - I agree) but wants to be aware of who, what, when, just in case something happens. If that is not your case, you need to address it, or take absolutely no chances whatsoever. NONE, ZIP, NADA.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Well, you have to work within your comfort zone, but it sounds like it could be fun
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Love your avatar!! How far away is this school? Have always heard that Amanda Richards is one of the best and I would love to go see her one day. On the other hand, it would be cool to be used as a model for a makeup class just to see how good a job she does. Maybe need to request that the students take NO pics and simply wear jeans an a tee shirt. You can always change when you leave there and stay dressed as long as you have time. I don'tthink I would ass on a chance like that. I have had 8 makeovers and some better than others, what do you have to loose?

Even 700 miles away out here, Amanda Richards has a reputation as one of the two or three best transformation artists working anywhere. Therefore, the likelihood that someone else you found on Craigslist -- even if she is the "real deal" and an experienced makeup artist -- will rise to Amanda's level is, well, pretty much slim to none. So please don't go into it with the same expectations as from your previous makeover. That said, I would still jump at the chance. Any opportunity to learn and at the same time to help teach another generation of rising artists something about us should not be missed. If the class is organized well, you will in essence be able to benefit from the minds of all nine other women in the room, if they can discuss openly and try things out with you. I think it's a win-win for everyone involved.

Blocking your phone is pretty much just paranoid behavior now that you have scoped out this woman. Relax.

About the wife, I can't offer any advice in that area.

- Diane

Sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime. The chance to get dressed, have your makeup done professionally and in the presence of a class learning the techniques. You could be paving the way for future cosmeticians to be open to us in a whole new way. What they learn from your presence could set the tone for their careers with regards to our community.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

thanks everyone for the great advice, I will let you know once i speak with her again what I am going to do. I too think this is a chance of a lifetime for them and me so we will see I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again

Well it must have been a craigslist scam or something i tried to call makeup artist back all week and go no answer to phone or email. Prob better off, maybe next time