Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, There Are Women That Like Crossdressers...

back in my crossdressing days, (the crazy summer of 2009) I was going out a LOT and my friends would always comment on how much the ladies loved me. A couple of the guys would joke that they were gonna start wearing dresses too. I don't really know why I attracted attention, I was clearly a dude in a dress (still had beard shadow back then even) but I would venture a guess that it was because I was having a good time. It's been said a hundred times, women go out to have fun. If they're not interested in having a good time, they generally don't go out clubbing. My guy friends would hang out around the dance floor and wonder why I'm dancing with three chicks and they're not, and all I would say is, I don't know, maybe because I'm dancing instead of watching.

Ya gotta go where the fish are guys. I'm not even attracted to women but they would still rather hang out with me laughing and dancing than sitting in the corner with Gloomy Gus. The crossdressing is secondary. You guys keep saying it's only a PART of who you are, but many of you (the lonely ones) put it front and center when you're out and about where you could potentially meet someone. "I'm a man who just likes to CD" is a constant refrain around here, but when you meet a potential partner you're more concerned about pretending to be a girl than you are about enjoying yourself. That is NOT attractive. Let your guard down, be vulnerable, be awkward, just don't be SHY. Try and be somebody that a pretty girl might want to hang around with.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Gold Member
    What if Kate's thread was posted on another forum but by a GG saying she didn't want someone who was broke or jobless.
    No one would call her "shallow" or say her standards are too high.

Men want an attractive woman, they do not want to be stuck dating the dogs. No more than than a woman wants to date Mr no-cash.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    What if Kate's thread was posted on another forum but by a GG saying she didn't want someone who was broke or jobless.
    No one would call her "shallow" or say her standards are too high.
    That is an excellent point, there is a real double standard there. On the other hand, while it is true most people would not say anything to that hypothetical GG, perhaps they should...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Men want an attractive woman, they do not want to be stuck dating the dogs. No more than than a woman wants to date Mr no-cash.
    A lonely man might have his individual preferences in a woman, but at the same time, eventually most learn to be flexible. Not completely compromising, but at least flexible.

The pool of GGs who are attracted to dressers is very small, and the pool of dressers looking for GGs is, by comparison, huge. It makes it a buyer's market, and when one is in a buyer's market one learns to be flexible with the terms of the deal; it is just basic economics.

Confetti, you might be able to meet a dresser though this site or one like it, I am sure there are plenty of folks downstate here.

This is preposterous...there are billions of women in the world...I just can't bring myself to believe that out of billions of different women with different views and personalities, that any of them would be interested in crossdressers. And, definitely not a large number out of those billions of women...no way.

Sarcasm aside...

In comparison to men, there are much fewer women online. I bet the pool of women answering crossdressing ads is pretty small. But, this doesn't mean that there aren't women interested in dating CDs. It just means that if this is your method of getting a date with a woman, you may be disappointed. But, I do believe that there are needles in haystacks and that it does happen...but, those are the surprising instances.

I think dating sites are gaining in popularity...however, women aren't really answering those types of ads. Though I am a person open to dating TG people, I am not specifically looking for someone TG. I look for people that share my interests and that are attractive to me...you wouldn't find me answering an ad like yours in a million years. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only woman that is like that. I'm also willing to bet there's plenty of women interested in dating CDs...but, they're not stalking TG dating sites and ads.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Good point Shan.

Even though I found my husband on Craigs l I wasn't specifically looking for a CD. I didn't find that part out until 6 months into the relationship.

He was, however, looking for a BBW because that's his preference and I just happened to post my ad. The rest is history
    Define "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchette2 View Post
    Good point Shan.

Even though I found my husband on Craigs l I wasn't specifically looking for a CD. I didn't find that part out until 6 months into the relationship.

He was, however, looking for a BBW because that's his preference and I just happened to post my ad. The rest is history
    Y'all are that needle in a haystack lol. I actually have met one other couple fairly recently that met on CL. I really do hate that site for anything dating related...BUT, I really do see the appeal because you don't have to answer dumba$$ arbitrary questions about your "personality." It would be amazing if more people looking for legit relationships beyond a s*ck fest went on there...but, there's a huge disproportion, so it makes it really hard for people like you two to meet (the needle in a haystack thing).

Fun story...my SO went on eHarmony before we met to see his "match." He did the personality question thing...and, they found no matches for him based on his answers. I find this endlessly amusing STILL...and, it just goes to show how dumb dating sites that try to be legit can be. So, CL has way more appeal because it's free and you don't have to put up with that BS...but, then, you have the endless line of freaks on there. I'm not sure which route I would go if I had to...honestly. It's fun to hear about people that met online that end up compatible...it gives me faith in online dating. My mom is considering this route, and it scares me...she tells me "it's the future" and it makes me feel strangely old-fashioned. So, it's good to see people who actually had it work out.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Ya gotta go where the fish are guys. I'm not even attracted to women but they would still rather hang out with me laughing and dancing than sitting in the corner with Gloomy Gus. The crossdressing is secondary. You guys keep saying it's only a PART of who you are, but many of you (the lonely ones) put it front and center when you're out and about where you could potentially meet someone. "I'm a man who just likes to CD" is a constant refrain around here, but when you meet a potential partner you're more concerned about pretending to be a girl than you are about enjoying yourself. That is NOT attractive. Let your guard down, be vulnerable, be awkward, just don't be SHY. Try and be somebody that a pretty girl might want to hang around with.

What great advice. I also don't get why so many here act as if crossdressing is an unsurmountable barrier to dating, I met someone who encouraged crossdressing before I even moved out of living with my ex-wife. And when I go out, I DANCE. Everyone should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Kate, I think you went fishing and then threw the catch back in the water.
    That really doesn't work.
    For other posters here Melissa in particular has done the right thing.
    Gone out and have fun. You dont call attention to yourself and go around sad and gloomy you just get up and go.
    The girls will follow and those that are interested in your CDing will be catch of the day.
    I practiced this unconciously when I was 20.
    I stood out as an interesting individual who could masquerade as a girl and look good.
    I did not giggle or do overtly girly things and NEVER talked about myself without being asked.
    Always ask others about themselves and show interest in their replies.
    You have fun and blend in well because they (GGs) forget about you being a man in a dress and think of you as another person.
    You have to make yourself transparent to the rest of the company.
    Men included. They will sometimes joke about you and to you, but they accept you as a person, not as a guy in drag.
    The bonus, they buy you drinks as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been on c-list, and there is no t4w catagory..also, I've had ads on there in other catagory's, m4w, m4t, even under the casual encounters section,,all I ever got was guys, and girls( if you could call them that), that wanted my CC # and sign up for some xxx dating site..
    Maybe I'm just unlucky with all this but spam is spam...when all they want is your money....

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    They weren't pretty enough for you?? Wow Kate. I am speechless at how condescending that is. You want to play dress-up and then they have to pass a "looks test"? If you answered their email stating that to them, I can bet they are no longer interested in crossdressers.
    See, this is what it all comes down to. People simply think everyone should be attracted to everyone, and life simply doesn't work like that. Sue, how do you know what Kate likes, physically? Maybe Kate likes short, fat, ugly, smelly women with bad attitudes and nasty dispositions. And simply wouldn't be attracted to what YOU think is appropriate! What I'm trying to say, is that there are certain things that are basically turn offs for each of us (I find big breasts a turn off for example, would you expect that? Or insist that I somehow just 'get over it', or close my eyes and think of England when it comes to having sex?), and to expect us to simply ignore that would be foolish, because when that occurs, sex simply will never be a possibility, and if that's the case, why would you pursue a relationship with someone like that?

That said, we all know that there are women out there who are attracted to guys who crossdress. There are simply not enough of them, and there's no way to know who they are. I ran two identical ads on AOL when their dating site was active; the only difference was that one mentioned crossdressing, and one did not. The one that did not mention crossdressing got over a hundred hits over the time it was run; the one that mentioned crossdressing, well, I got responses from men, prostitutes, and that's about it. That was back during the height of AOL's popularity, so there were plenty of people on their dating sites. No GG responses. None. Zero. That showed me how many women there are out there for us. So those of you who have an accepting SO, never forget just how lucky you are; you've basically won the lottery, because the odds are pretty much the same!
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Kate,

You missed an opportunity in my book. They may have not been apealing to you (based upon an internet pic...like those are ever reliable) but they had the grace to respond to your posting. In a situation like this I would at least exchange a few emails and perhaps meet just to acknowlwdge their kindness and in accepting our uniqueness. If there is no chemestry then, there is no harm/no foul. But if there is some chemestry, it may take you well past the physical to an even better foundation for a relationship.

I do know if you never try, you will never succeed, and if you are waiting for perfection in a mate, you will be waiting a long, long time.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    See, this is what it all comes down to. People simply think everyone should be attracted to everyone, and life simply doesn't work like that. Sue, how do you know what Kate likes, physically? Maybe Kate likes short, fat, ugly, smelly women with bad attitudes and nasty dispositions. And simply wouldn't be attracted to what YOU think is appropriate!
    I am standing my ground on this one. I never said she was looking for pretty by my definition. What she has done is complained for years here how no women can accept her and when they answer her, she doesn't give them the time of the day because "but they were not pretty enough for me to be interested in them". Her words, not mine. Doesn't matter what the definition is. If you want to complain about something and then sabotage it when the good thing comes knocking at your door, you don't have room to complain anymore. There are many accepting people out there. All it takes is a good attitude and a little effort to go out looking.

Banned Read only
    I would of wrote you back

Quote Originally Posted by Confetti View Post
    I adore cross dressers and usually find the doll side- dress-up side charming and the dude side awful. Craig s list for anything was a can of worms bad and worse people ever.All the other dating sites the people make it clear "fun" what ever that means any more. Even worse was e harmony, where my profile specifically requested those who were cross dressers were welcome above all.The only one it found was never wrote back aside from that it seems a rarity finding hetro cds on dating sites than anything else.

Banned Read only
    you have to search in the personnels and type in t4w or and w4t w4w t4t

w4t and w4w or some of the best ways to see

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post
    you have to search in the personnels and type in t4w or and w4t w4w t4t

w4t and w4w or some of the best ways to see
    Not that I am looking, caise I certainly am not, Happily married.
    But I tried that search, That take you to a pretty scary place.
    I will bet that you will eet very scary people using this avenue.

It was said, get out on the dance floor and have fun. That is the best way to meet fun people.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    , but they were not pretty enough for me to be interested in them.
    That's a bold statement. A Craigslist add is a dubious method to find any companionship so that speaks volumes about you. How about try meeting someone in the real world and get to know them beyond seeing only their face?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    But I tried that search, That take you to a pretty scary place.
    I will bet that you will meet very scary people using this avenue.
    ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
    Sure, anyone can get responses on craigslist. I bet these are the same type of people who hang out in adult book stores.

I would like to believe this is true. But frankly, the thought of going out into the dating pool these days is more than I can deal with. I just want my wife to be ok with this and support me.

Being true to yourself always reduces the dating pool, being anything other than true to yourself reduces you.

Gee, everyone criticizing my preferences... I'm a good looking enough guy in real life and I can attract good looking enough women too. The problem is my confidence; I'm suffering 4 YEARS of long term unemployment and my only income is my $1135 monthly SSDI. So I don't have the confidence to date the pretty women I want, because my job situation HURTS!

Now you guys all made me look up the pics of these women I rejected; here they are! Let's see if you like them too! I posted the Craigslist ad 8/30/2011

I wasn't attracted enough to these women to pursue them.

Here is the text of my ad:

A Pretty Guy for a Pretty Girl! 42 Wicker Park

Hi – I'm Filipino 5' 4” weigh 160 lbs and look fit and slim enough for my height. I'm searching for a woman around my height too, and if you're a size 6 that would be awesome since I could dress you up in a women's clothes collection of mostly size 4 to 8 stuff. I'm a bit of a crossdresser, and when I put a wig and makeup on I look beautiful and I'm passable enough to go out in public and be treated like a woman. I'm a “straight” crossdresser and I only like women. I'm not one of those lowlife Craigslist crossdressers that post on Craigslist to have sex with men – I'd never do that! I just like being beautiful and the feel of wearing women's clothes. It's a habit I feel like quitting but it's so hard to quit.

I'm searching for a woman 30 to 42 years old and I like Asians the most [I'm 42]. Whites and some Hispanics are ok too. But I want you to have a college degree as I have one too - from the Univ of IL at Urbana – Champaign, - a Mechanical Engineering degree. I don't want someone broke with a $100,000+ student loan either.

So here you see 4 pics of me. Please reply with a pic of yourself too to this ad. If we get along well I have a Skype account where we can do video chats to conveniently talk to each other for free.

My other interests are bicycles, traveling, investing, cooking, and video games.

Now if you see this ad and see me in a workplace don't say “I'm gay.” I've been discriminated and lost jobs because they thought I was gay. I never touched a man in my life and never got funny with them either. I devoted myself to having a career so I can marry a pretty enough woman of my dreams, and when people discriminate me for employment they destroy my dreams of marriage.

So if your tired of macho guys that use and abuse you try a guy like me! Maybe we can be tennis workout partners too! I don't like fat women and send a pic of yourself in your response!
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-09-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Photos removed because they apparently were posted without the permission of the people depicted.

Wow! Kate, I've read your prior posts and am always amused. I'm not sure but I think it's against rules to post pics of people without their permission. That said, these women are gorgeous. No offense, but I think you need some professional help with relationships or at least an eye exam! BTW, I wish you the best re-entering the workforce.
    Last edited by megan163; 09-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Hope you got permission from them to post their pictures Kate.

Originally Posted by sometimes_miss
    See, this is what it all comes down to. People simply think everyone should be attracted to everyone, and life simply doesn't work like that. Sue, how do you know what Kate likes, physically? Maybe Kate likes short, fat, ugly, smelly women with bad attitudes and nasty dispositions. And simply wouldn't be attracted to what YOU think is appropriate!

The quote had nothing to do with being attracted to them Sometimes_miss the quote was that they were not pretty enough for her, we all know the difference between ATTRACTED and PRETTY, and pretty doesn't mean short, fat, ugly and smelly women with bad attitudes and nasty dispositions. Beggars really should not be choosers, specially without talking to them and getting to know them a little better. All three look attractive to me, and I will guess to most others on here as well. Even if I did not talk to them.

Sheesh! If I was single I'd sure be meeting those girls! You're joking right???

those woman that answer ads on craigslist are mostly scammers and not for real

Quote Originally Posted by roby54 View Post
    those woman that answer ads on craigslist are mostly scammers and not for real
    You're probably right but Kate is judging those based on looks. Ah well..