Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Divide and conquer!

Divide and conquer!

All of us MTF's are under the the transgender umbrella for a reason. It allows strength in numbers and affords us protection and allows us to be one voice. There is strength in numbers.

Some of us fight this designation for whatever reason. It's what they want. As splinter groups we are easier to conquer. Wars are won while we fight amongst ourselves. History proves that. I say we stick together.

I'm hoping that all groups under the umbrella can learn to support each other in the struggles we face..

What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Marleena; 07-21-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: clarification

Hell we are all in the same boat ,,, So to speak ,,I dont fight with others but some on here do ,,Everyone cant get along ,,,Even in ie,,,,Regular society ,,,So whats makes us different ? We are all going to do an say different things ,,, That makes us Stronger ,,, Just give up an go shoe shopping ,,,Always works for me ,,, Even if I dont buy any ,,, Still makes for a good day ,,,, Showin the LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I've always said that Marleena, but then I don't find anything wrong with the tittle Trans, when I first learned what I was, the only known name I had for it was Transvestite, just knowing that what I was doing had a name, made me feel better way back then, and the word Trans has never bothered me at all.
    So call me a transvestite, call me transgendered, it's all good, it just means that I like womens clothing, and I wear what I like. I'm glad to be a member of the LGBT community, it beats the heck out of being the lone freak!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

In principle I agree Marleena. I have learned a lot from people on this site from all 'corners' of the 'community'. The sub-groups are useful though for specific issues. For example the girls here who have gone through surgery have specific issues that whilst I may be interested in hearing about, are not my issues, and so on...

But I do think there is a real value in understanding the broader 'us', especially as some of us change category at times, whether that is one way or two way.

I would hate to lose contact with the richness of diversity that we have!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I would hate to lose contact with the richness of diversity that we have!
    Oh I guess I wasn't clear in my post Kaz.

Not asking anybody to leave their gender status or groups. I'm hoping that all groups under the umbrella can learn to support each other in the struggles we face..
    Last edited by Marleena; 07-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.

I think you're absolutely right, Marleena. We can perceive differences among us--even though we might not fully understand each other. Nonetheless, society at large is going to perceive us as all the same, I think. They're not going to make any distinctions, and I don't think they'd care about them if they did.

It makes sense for us all to stand together. There are so few of us as it is, it's not going to help matters if our numbers are divided.

Annabelle

You've nailed it Marleena. It's important that we all overlook any petty differences and avoid extremely damaging "I'm more real/better than you" ego trips. We're all in the same boat together, put there by those who don't like us, and our foes are delighted when we start trying to throw each other overboard.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I am actually with you and your thoughts Marleena. I know that I have had to step away from the forum because of my feelings about other things. I have nothing against any of my sisters here, I just want to know if I am being heard. When we need to we will stand hand and hand together and I promise to be there with my hand out for anyone of you to take hold. Yes there is strength in numbers.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    All of us MTF's are under the the transgender umbrella for a reason. It allows strength in numbers and affords us protection and allows us to be one voice. There is strength in numbers.

Some of us fight this designation for whatever reason. It's what they want. As splinter groups we are easier to conquer. Wars are won while we fight amongst ourselves. History proves that. I say we stick together.

I'm hoping that all groups under the umbrella can learn to support each other in the struggles we face..

Hi Marleena,

Good post. I'm never afraid of an argument, but I agree with your general sentiment. I'm happy to be supportive and even give my humble(?) opinion.

I don't care how others wish to dress or present, that is for them and their nearest and dearest. I like this site because it brings together an extremely diverse grouping, from which I glean greater insight into the thoughts of others. Constructive criticism is good but wilfully denigrating the thoughts of another is plain lazy and cowardly.

I am me (T-Girl,CD, whatever)......and I'm very happy with that part.......I just need to be a multi-millionaire (dollars or pounds) and that's me done!

Rebecca x (vive le difference)
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    Yes the LGBT are all under the same umbrella ...BUT to be truthful we and I mean WE are all Human Beings. And should be looked at at equally ....no compartmentalizing ..okies xxxxxxx just my opinion xxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

I wish we could do this as a society in general. Maybe we wouldn't be walked on by those that want to control everything and everyone.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

A quote from history: We can all hang together or we can all hang separately". At the time it meant "hanging", we must all work together, in numbers there is strength. Separately we are just someone "different".

Oh I guess I wasn't clear in my post Kaz.

Not asking anybody to leave their gender status or groups. I'm hoping that all groups under the umbrella can learn to support each other in the struggles we face..
    Exactly and I agree with you... my post was meant as a reason to be together!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm in favor of anything that will get crossdressers enough acceptance that a little of the truth will filter out. It's been a few stereotypes that the vast majority of people relate to when they hear about us. Rarely do those stereotypes include; long term committed spouse, hard worker, subdued presentation, faithful, respectful, family oriented, happy, healthy, thoughtful, professional, skilled, concerned, and so on. Let's ride the coattails of any group that will open that door to understanding by a wider audience and reduce the the dependence on inaccurate and incomplete images that have come to represent crossdressers, transvestites, transgendered, t-girls and whatever else we go by.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Maybe we wouldn't be walked on by those that want to control everything and everyone.
    Unfortunately, running around in artificially created "groups," holding ralleys and singing Kumbaya is exactly what allows control and manipulation. Far from creating freedom and individual rights, it is too often is supportive of the fake agendas that feed the system
    Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Nigella; 07-21-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Politics are not for this forum
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It is always interesting that anytime a group gets together for a mutual purpose there always seems to be internal strife. It seems to be in our nature to fight each other as much as it is to band together.

I think that the working philosophy in the GLBT group is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." I may not completely agree with another GLBT person, but at least they don't want me deleted from the earth like others do.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    What are we fighting for? please don't misunderstand I am really serious about this question. Changing laws? Equal rights?public awareness?
    Living the life I choose!

The umbrella is necessary to keep us from getting rained on by the verbal and physical assaults of those who do not or do not want to understand that with which we cope.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar

Is it not better to embrace our similarities than to focus on our differences?

I understand and respect the fact people have different opinions and that's cool by me. Though, given the forum's mandate, it seems we'd be better serving both our individual and greater community needs in a more positive vein, if it was kind of like, "all for one one for all". Camaraderie probably explains my belief best.

I'm not saying folk here aren't friends or good friendships are not developed here.

What I am saying is in some instances our differences seem to divide us, instead of focusing on our similarities and using these in a positive step forward.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 07-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    What are we fighting for? please don't misunderstand I am really serious about this question. Changing laws? Equal rights?public awareness?
    Working together for all of the above.

Aspiring Member

Fighting for the right to be ourselves

Everyone is different and everyone has a different form of self-expression and self-definition. We SHOULD all support each other and not look for divisions. However threads that seek to ask "are you only a ***" regularly appear.

The public at large doesn't make the fine distinction between CD, TG, or TS or whatever. And most of them never heard of the Benjamin Scale or any similar rating system. To them we are mostly gay and perverts. We obsess over our divisions at our own peril.

"If we don't hang together we shall surely all hang separately." B. Franklin

Just my $0.02,
    Sandra1746

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    I can appreciate that. I just haven't seen much in the way of organization. Other than what falls under the GLBT flag.

There is the TG legal defense fund they do some good stuff.
    Living the life I choose!

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Sometimes in these situations, it's like herding cats, suspicious and paranoid cats.
    Everyone is their own agent so to speak and I suppose in some instances have their own agendas too.

And to a lesser degree, axe's to grind.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by BilliebabeGG View Post
    Yes the LGBT are all under the same umbrella ...BUT to be truthful we and I mean WE are all Human Beings. And should be looked at at equally ....no compartmentalizing ..okies xxxxxxx just my opinion xxx
    Exactly what I'm basically always trying to point out Hon. We are all unique individuals and we all make our own contribution to human kind.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    It is always interesting that anytime a group gets together for a mutual purpose there always seems to be internal strife. It seems to be in our nature to fight each other as much as it is to band together.
    Aye, you get tired of being a tadpole in a huge ocean. Now you've a chance to be a big frog, even if it is a little pond. Some people find that worth squabbling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I think that the working philosophy in the GLBT group is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    And your friend's friend might be your enemy. Alliances can be uncertain and ever-shifting.