Thread: Anyone else just interested in historical/formal gowns?

Anyone else just interested in historical/formal gowns?

I find myself not wanting to wear modern women's clothing, as it doesn't do anything for me.

But that's not the case with historical gowns such as from the Victorian era, with corsets, hoop skirts, satin gloves and the like. The idea of wearing _that_ sort of clothing just gets me incredibly aroused.

But it seems that even then most crossdressers are more of a 'passing' type?

Mind you, part of that probably is that I'm really overweight anyways (and my wife doesn't know about my fetish) and it's more of a fantasy as opposed to actually being able to do it.

I would like to try a Victorian gown (my second life avatar has several)

Gold Member
    Try this web site; http://recollections.biz/Merchant2/m...e=792SK-1032SK
    I have been looking at those dress for years, just can not get in the mode to buy one, although they are
    just gorgeous. They make them to your size; custom made, but where would I wear it.
    Rader

Silver Member
    I have a gorgeous red satin with black lace trim and a black bustle/train victorian style ball gown---if you would like to see a photo go to the home page/fickr site indicated on my profile site here
    Last edited by MsJanessa; 07-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    I would like to try a Victorian gown (my second life avatar has several)
    Oooo, I'm in SL too! ashton.colter

Platinum Member
    I would truely love to have a Victorian gown and all the under garments that go with it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi,

A bit of difference here 1900 to 1910 Edwardian i make my own clothes they are not elaborate. they are nice plain & simple & yes i dress for our many outings dinners high tea's & we have a lovely group there are about 20 of us women & 5 guys, ,

Now of cause most of us make our own clothes & most do do the quite elaborate style's. i could i just dont belive they would look right on me, hence i do plain, suits my facial features & yes bonnits .im not feminine enough to carry it off & id look silly, , so i work with in my peramiters

Im more at home in my Renaissance1400 to 1700 garb to tell the truth & again make my own to the design that suits me, if i wore them all the time id be quite happy. so far 14 outfits all different.& Ill do more,

...noeleena...

Modern, everydaywear doesn't really interest me either. I've always associated cross dressing with 'Glamour' - and some of those Victorian gowns look amazing!