Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Top 10 Threads

Perpetual Top 10 Threads

Just an Observation, not scientific nor in order.

1. Life's not fair. Why can't I wear what I want?
    2. Passing - How? Do I? Why should I?
    3. Shaving Legs - Should I? What will people say?
    4. Painted toes - Should I? what will people say?
    5. Wife's out of town; time to play
    6. Attraction to men while dressed
    7. Almost caught
    8. I went out! It was so exciting
    9. Attention seeking quasi-philosophical waxing and waning monologues
    10. Dating - Women who like crossdressers

Fairly close to right. but how about the never ending questions about this store or that store and are they friendly.
    Add the threads about thinking of telling my wife, or told my wife. (more meaningful and helpful in my opinion).
    Also the threads about experiences and stories about going out dressed.

You forgot what color panties are you wearing and how many bras do you own! lmao...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That pretty much covers it. LOL

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You forgot what color panties are you wearing and how many bras do you own! lmao...
    You've got to pay that, a definite contender in any CD top 10
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Karen, I thought about that....really I did. but I'd have thought you would mention the threads about your favorite female garment. How could you forget those threads about JEANS!

You forgot the biggest one of all: Is it nature or nurture (or Satan)?

So, what would you do differently?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I heard once that there are like 5 stories and that every story ever written was somehow based on those 5 basic platforms. Maybe it was 8. I don't remember. But yes you do see many of the same basic things here over and over. That is a good thing because I can just choose the threads I want to read then. I do enjoy reading about how people here grow and progress.

BTW I have on blue French cut Maidenform panties. My toes are a metallic pink. I went out over the weekend but I cannot say what happened because there are rules, I can say that I did shave my legs and there may have been men attracted. I think I passed and I was so worried on the way home I would be caught because I wasn't wearing my stockings or shoes. It isn't fair that women can drive in flats.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    BTW I have on blue French cut Maidenform panties. My toes are a metallic pink. I went out over the weekend but I cannot say what happened because there are rules, I can say that I did shave my legs and there may have been men attracted. I think I passed and I was so worried on the way home I would be caught because I wasn't wearing my stockings or shoes. It isn't fair that women can drive in flats.
    Lol... I think you covered them all there Lorileah!

I will add

1. Does the NoNo work?
    2. Do any of the home "laser" devices work?
    3. Laser vs. electrolysis
    4. Makeup tips (i.e., to go from novice to expert in one easy step, or to magically transform me into looking completely like a woman)
    5. Difference between a cross dresser and a transsexual (or the which one am I variation)
    6. Where do I find a cross dressing friends or meet others like me?
    7. Woe is me because I live in a completely intolerant or unaccepting area (small town, midwest or south in the US, etc.)

Added: It would be great to have a true Top 10 and have them added as stickies.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 07-23-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Banned Read only
    You are pretty accurate, but many others covered the rest.

1] They ARE the biggest concerns for most CDers, especially the NEW people. Aren't they?

2] NEW people come here daily. NO topic is old to them. Not everyone is a Forum dinosaur.

The best and easiest thing for everyone is simply to read and or participate in the threads that appeal to them.

Like all things CD, Forum participation is simply a matter of CHOICE.

Duana, So funny, and please let's not forget that old chestnut, panties over or under your pantyhose blues thats been persued and reviewed at least 100,000
    times....lol, dana.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    We have had the perfect country song published. Now we have the perfect CD song from Lorileah, just waiting for the music. And what a perfectly lovely tune it would be.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Of course there is a "search" option that should be used for the "noNo" and terminology and how do you (things like tuck or put on eyeshadow). Unfortunately most never do it. I have even been guilty of not searching before I post
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...Top-10-Threads

That pops up every now and then too...

I am with wildaboutheels. Some threads I get tired of one week and then the next week I see a similar one that I like. There are many ways to address a specific topic or issues and some approaches are more interesting than others. So, as I recommend sometimes and so do others too, if you don't like the title don't read it and please do not complain about seeing that "old and repeated" topic again. The newbies should not be forced to search for topics that get repeated, unless maybe, if it is a sticky. How many here read the Sticky's? I don't. I just read every new thread that looks interesting to me and then go back to read threads that were not interesting to me to find out what hot topic I missed that got them closed.

I do like your list and the add ons too.

You forgot:

- Do these herbal boob pills work?
    - When did you know you were a crossdresser?
    - Let's argue about laser hair removal!
    - How do I cover my beard shadow?
    - Do I look hot in this Goodwill outfit?

LOL!!!

Lorileah's comment made me think of a thread that asked what people were currently wearing. Anyway, there was a person that had on a different outfit like every few hours...and, it was always something ridiculous. I figured they were joking...but, I'm not quite sure if they were in Disney Land, not joking at all, or being a smart a$$. I was hoping for smart a$$. Oh, and, a ton of people described their underwear...which, didn't even enter my mind when I read the post. It didn't appear to be "Laundry Day" for anyone.

Y'all forgot the ones about all GGs being crossdressers. And, "I'm not attracted to men...unless I am dressed like a girl...but, then, I'm only interested in one thing, and being 'taken' by it. I think I am bi...if I could forget the guy attached to that lovely thing." (I've often wondered how many TG therapists hear that musing over sexuality from crossdressers).

I really do think a lot of these are sometimes pretty pressing questions for new comers though. I don't even WANT to look at the threads Cami and I started a couple years ago...probably pretty generic.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 07-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

IDK I miss the what color panties are you wearing thread!!

I even answered it a couple times. Nobody knows where I live (I hope) so I felt safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    IDK I miss the what color panties are you wearing thread!!

I even answered it a couple times. Nobody knows where I live (I hope) so I felt safe.
    You live in Ontario

I think I posted that I was wearing really huge grey parachute panties on that thread. I think I actually said that they were so big that you can go parachuting in them. I wanted to troll hard with various awful panties that I made up...but, I resisted the urge. But, it would have been a little funny if you never actually knew if it was for real or not. "Today, I am wearing black, pleather panties with metal spikes on the top...it's crotchless." "Today, I am wearing furry thongs...zeba print...real zebra hair." Okay, it got unbelievable.

I find make believe panties way more interesting, obviously.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I am somewhat new here... Those questions/topics do pop into my mind. I don't see the harm. If a topic doesn't interest you, don't participate.
    I just wanna be pretty.

they are all the regular threads but you forgot "what bath room do I use" Maybe that just comes from crossdresser wanna be's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    "Today, I am wearing black, pleather panties with metal spikes on the top...it's crotchless."
    Really? Me too! well they are red pleather. Where did you get them? Dress Barn? Online? Did they come in an unmarked package so your SO didn't know?

Quote Originally Posted by JennyDoTell View Post
    I am somewhat new here... Those questions/topics do pop into my mind. I don't see the harm. If a topic doesn't interest you, don't participate.
    We are not picking on newbies and soon you will see what we mean. But there is a search option at the top of the page for some of the more common questions. This place will have the same questions asked forever. And please DO feel free to ask. If it is something that has been beaten into the ground someone will refer you to the other threads.

To be truthful I am sure that 2 years ago I posted something similar to "why do the same questions keep coming up" Welcome BTW
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-23-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added because there was a post further down I didn't read
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Or it could be that most newbees don't know and are looking for advice from experienced CD'ers.
    I just wanna be pretty.