Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perpetual Top 10 Threads

LOL ... it's true, the same concerns are discussed over and over again. People come here to sort through it all, they learn, then they respond to the newbies who ask the same questions all over again.

But, some of the answers have changed over the years. There are fewer people now who believe it is their God given right to keep this private. More members now advocate for complete honesty, and because of this I see fewer "the cat's away the mice will play" posts. I don't see nearly as many "GGs don't like us because they're jealous that we look better than them" as I used to. And more people are feeling comfortable with wearing androgynous looking femme things, shaving their legs, and painting their nails in their daily lives than before.

Also, there are more people who buy into the idea that there is more than two genders, pure male and pure female.

It makes sense there will always be "how-to" and "how do I look" questions though.
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-23-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Reine

I don't know why people jump to conclusions about a post when there are no context clues whatsoever. I simply made an observation about common posts. I didn't complain, ridicule, tell the newbies to use the search button or anything else. At least a few of you got some exercise jumping to those conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Really? Me too! well they are red pleather. Where did you get them? Dress Barn? Online? Did they come in an unmarked package so your SO didn't know?
    Of course there is Karen in her favorite jeans panties. She has them in crotch-less, bikini, boy shorts, granny style, and Victorian bloomer style.
    I hated that panty thread. Glad it ran it's course. I mean, would GG's talk about what color panties they are wearing. I sure don't think so.... and hope not.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duana View Post
    Just an Observation, not scientific nor in order.

1. Life's not fair. Why can't I wear what I want?
    2. Passing - How? Do I? Why should I?
    3. Shaving Legs - Should I? What will people say?
    4. Painted toes - Should I? what will people say?
    5. Wife's out of town; time to play
    6. Attraction to men while dressed
    7. Almost caught
    8. I went out! It was so exciting
    9. Attention seeking quasi-philosophical waxing and waning monologues
    10. Dating - Women who like crossdressers
    Hi Duana, You missed one, Should I get my ears pierced and will I be able to hide them??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I like this thread. What an elegant way to rant!

I've been getting really tired of the same questions asked over and over. Sort of gets on my nerves and makes me think I'm just wasting my time answering these questions with a well thought-out answer.

I'm also getting awfully tired of folks continually starting threads simply to attract attention to themselves when they have so little to actually contribute. Often, they are not out, they don't use makeup, no wig, and they expect the rest of the populace to accept them as they are.
    [/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I am attracted to the same stories time after time because I have a very short memory.

Was this the discussion about epilators?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I just like making posts on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You forgot what color panties are you wearing and how many bras do you own! lmao...
    BTW Karen what color panties are you wearing?????

Banned Read only
    Well, with all of these topics having been covered through and through, what else is left? What should we talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Was this the discussion about epilators?
    I just wanna know what to do about all the ingrown hairs

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    I just wanna know what to do about all the ingrown hairs
    Wear them with pride?
    o_O

As a "newbie" I get a little intimidated by things like this. My wifes job is on the computer. And when she's not working the kids are on it. So I have little to no chance and have to do this from my phone. I have my own issues with CDing and need someone to talk to, help advise. Now I feel like if I say something someone is rolling their eyes cuz I didn't do my investigations. It took a lot for me just to get this far. I dunno. But I agree with heels.

Hey, don't take it the wrong way. It's funny that everybody has the same questions. Because we all have a lot in common.

Maybe some people are tired of the same posts. Maybe some people are rolling their eyes. But most of us are just playing around.

This thread really does sum up the majority of posts
    I've been seeing pop up all the time, so much so that I find the older threads having more useful and relevant information than the newer ones. Maybe people are tired of posting the same replies?

Though to be honest, I believe this list sorts of sums up the majority of our thoughts, especially those new to our "art". Btw I'm wearing my fav la Senza boyshort panties at work and I do not think anyone really cares what we wear inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    Well, with all of these topics having been covered through and through, what else is left? What should we talk about?
    There's always quantum physics: does someone observing your panties change their color? Can your panties quantum tunnel to the outside of your pantyhose?
    Or mathematics: if you have N panties and M dresser drawers, what's the number of distinct ways to arrange your dresser?
    Or fluid dynamics: if I shave my legs and go bicycling will anyone notice the effect of my silky smooth legs on the turbulent boundary layer? If someone asks why the airflow around my legs has changed, should I try to explain boundary layer theory or should I just nod and smile?
    Last edited by kathtx; 07-24-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathtx View Post
    There's always quantum physics:
    I do know that, until I am directly observed, my gender is in an indeterminate state!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I heard once that there are like 5 stories and that every story ever written was somehow based on those 5 basic platforms. Maybe it was 8. I don't remember. But yes you do see many of the same basic things here over and over. That is a good thing because I can just choose the threads I want to read then. I do enjoy reading about how people here grow and progress.

BTW I have on blue French cut Maidenform panties. My toes are a metallic pink. I went out over the weekend but I cannot say what happened because there are rules, I can say that I did shave my legs and there may have been men attracted. I think I passed and I was so worried on the way home I would be caught because I wasn't wearing my stockings or shoes. It isn't fair that women can drive in flats.
    nicely played...all catagories on one shot...hilarious

Platinum Member
    For some of us that have been around a while, these are all pretty familiar. But to the newer members every topic is new. Its a bit like Mr Rogers - his shows are always new to his audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post

- Do these herbal boob pills work?
    Just for the record - this statement gave me a bad case of the giggles. Still doing it now.

Also, there's the talk of lasers. I always wanted a laser for as long as I remember and I still do but it still has nothing to do with hair removal.

The repeat threads have helped me a lot and I'm very thankful that so many of you take the time to answer my questions as well as those posted by others that I did'nt even know I wanted to ask. This large family has been good to me and I'm glad I'm part of it.

Have a nice day.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Nails View Post

The repeat threads have helped me a lot and I'm very thankful that so many of you take the time to answer my questions as well as those posted by others that I did'nt even know I wanted to ask. This large family has been good to me and I'm glad I'm part of it.
    And the truth to all this is us old geezers enjoy passing the info on or we would not do it. We rarely say "Hey we have answered that like 100 times"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have to say, reading this thread cracked me up. I have seen these questions so many times. I do not believe I have asked these questions, and I promise to never ask these questions. And I will use the search function before I do ask a question. Ok, I already do that.

I can well imagine that many veterans get a little tired of seeing many of these Top 10s get rolled out again. I've been a lurker for years, and even as a veteran lurker I developed a sort of numbness to some of them. But I think Reine's point is well taken: that the answers change over time. And of course, you get different threads unfolding as the mix of personalities changes over time.

I'd also like to note that while it's nice to have the search capacity and it can be helpful to some degree, it doesn't seem to be a very precise engine. If I go looking for discussions about wearing pumps while eating a pudding cup and walking a wombat, a search using "pumps pudding wombat" brings up 90-some results dating back to 2006.

I'm fairly sure the pudding/wombat/pumps topic hasn't come up anywhere near that often (it doesn't seem to have made the Top 10 anyway). Over 90 results leaves one with a LOT of digging to do to see if there's actually a thread related to those key words. And by that time, your feet are sore, your pudding's already warm, and the wombat no longer needs to be walked. I mean ...I bet.

Maybe I'm overlooking some details on how to use the search more fully. But I think the average Jane comes to the obvious conclusion: it's simpler to just post a new thread (even at the risk of boring some of the veterans) and ask if anyone has any experience.

...which, for the record, I'm not asking. ;-)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wish this forum had a "like feature" I would have worn it out through out this thread!