Thread: Came out to an old friend today.

Smile Came out to an old friend today.

Well today was one of those landmark days for my femme side, I told one of my oldest, nearest and dearest friends (a GG) about Samantha.
    Backstory.

I've recently come to terms with facts, Im dealing with depression (career related, nothing to do with a gender crisis, I still like being a dude ) and following lengthy talks with both my wife to be and other valued friends in the CD/TV/TS community (Joanna Foxx you angel x) it was decided that I should go and talk to an old friend who knows me well and preferably for a long time, so that she can offer her opinion on the matter.
    Myself and Emma talked about me going seeing Jen, a friend of more years than I will admit to. After talking about it, I decided I would tell her about Samantha/Smile and how I use crossdressing to help lift the stress of depression, whilst also having a great time gettin glammed up
    It wasn't easy to reach this decission. I'd thought about telling Jen on a few occasions in the past, but always bottled it. She's one of those friends you don't want to risk losing.

So I set out this morning armed with my trusty encrypted USB stick with my pics of Smile/Samantha on (just incase she would like to see).
    When I arrived we sat in the sun for a bit with a brew (tea not beer lol) and discussed my work shit and she suggested that it might just be time for a change.
    Then we chatted a bit, playing catch up as I'd not seen her in way too long.
    We ate some lunch, bit more chat while I worked up the courage to tell her.
    Then in a brief pause of conversation, I said
    "Right, Im just gonna come out with it...."
    To spare you the details, I told her pretty much everything, every key point in my life and times spent crossdressing.
    She had a few questions, as I guessed she might, nothing too inquiring, all the while I was shaking, terrified I had destroyed a lifelong friendship.
    She concluded
    "Look, everyone has something that makes them happy and keeps them sane. This world is too judgemental and prejudiced towards things that aren't 'normal'. As long as youre not harming yourself or anyone else, then its nobody's business but your own. Were still friends, dont worry, Im here any time you or Emma need a chat"
    (I paraphrased to save time and my own fingers)

I asked her if she wanted to see the pics I'd taken with me, and she did.
    While browsing through, I got comments such as
    "Oh my god that looks NOTHING like you"
    "I love your hair, really suits you"
    "I like that dress"
    "There are women who would kill for your figure"

...and so on.

I asked if she had anymore questions.
    "Yeah, why the hell aren't you going out looking like that?!"
    I blushed, "I'll take that as a compliment then?"
    "You should!" she laughed back.

I was still shaking when I set out to drive back home.
    Im having a girly night tonight, feeling good about it all.

Jen, if you make your way back here to mooch around,
    I luv ya loads, and thankyou!
    x
    Samantha -x-

so when you going out? Feels good doesn't it? Taking a load off your mind when you already are overloaded always helps
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    I'll simply echo Lori's comment - when the hell ar eyou going out? I'd suggest that you, your wife and your friend plan a girls night out in the near future.

Sam, give Jen a hug from me next time you see her!

Wow that is grate. I know how hard it is to get the words to come out.
    When your tring to tell some one you care about.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

As I always say ''you find out who your friends are''! You have a true friend indeed! Good for you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    Nice story with a great ending. EVERYone who loves us should be so accepting and understanding shouldn't they? Sure seems like they should.

Unfortunately, many of our friends and Loved ones in the RW are not. No matter how "smart" or openminded they claim to be.

I love the "why the hell arnt you going out looking like that" comment. I would be smiling the rest of the day.

Great experience Samantha! I did it myself about two months ago. I called a friend and asked her if she'd like to help me put away a bottle of good wine. "Be ready for a surprise...", I added when she accepted my invitation. She arrived an hour later and when I opoened the door her eyes just "slipped" up and down my whole self before sayng: "You are so beautiful...you have to tell me all about it". We spoke for hours and she ended up staying overnight. Next time I saw her, she had a nice present for me, a couple of very nice silk scarves. We are talking about going out some time...in preparation for it, she spent a few hours at my place last Saturday......we talked, listened to music, cooked and tried clothes on. In searching for the right look for our first time out....I taught her into wearing something more daring....and she did. I came up with a nice dress for myself and she did make up and hair for me. "Ï can't wait..........how can you? If I looked so femminine I couldn't resist going for a stroll downtown." In all fairness I must say that she is a very attractive woman; I felt flattered, but above all I feel blessed for having such a true friend.
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-25-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: fixed tags
    [SIZE="3"]Kyara Ximena[/SIZE]

Dreams are betther lived than dreamt!