Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job hunting

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Job hunting

Well I have a job just on medical leave with no hope of going back to my job.
    Anyway dealing with short term disability insurance company they feel I can go back to my job but federal law says no so in a bit of a financial crunch ATM.
    Sooooo I swung by Kohl's and filled out an application for employment something to help make ends meet.
    Got a call when I got home and I have an interview pending next week.
    I did talk to the lady when I turned in the application because she wanted a bit more info so I said sure.
    She said step in my office please.OK I did.
    She was very nice mid 30's in age very nice looking.She asked a butt load of generic questions which I expected so I answered quickly to each question looking her straight in the eyes.
    She said you have any questions? I said what is your policy concerning transgender people? She looked flustered for a second and said not an issue at all.
    I asked if it was OK if I were to dress as I am now being I'm casual and applying for a stocker position.She said that was fine and I was dressed very tastefully in a casual sense.
    She finally asked me the all important question "why do you want to work for Kohl's?
    I smiled and said I shop here because I like your selection and the SA's are always nice to me and don't judge plus very helpful.
    She got a big smile and said well OMG that is a first! We both had a chuckle shook hands and I walked out.
    So who knows if I get the job fine if not I'll still shop there.LOL

That sounds encouraging Tracii.

So how WERE you dressed? Let us know if you get the job and good luck with the interview.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Too cool -- hope your financial crunch bounces back - working at Kohl's en femme! what a plus and such a good experience with the personnel dept. for the interview good luck and keep us posted....................Debra

Been there with Disability vs. Gov't. Had to threaten to sue to continue benefits. That would be so cool to work en femme! Good luck!

Banned Spammer
    I was in my usual guy mode womens jeans,sandals and sparkly light pink toenail polish with a toe ring on each side.
    Purple ish womens print T shirt.
    Full on girl mode is my goal but I didn't want to push it at this point.

Tried at my local Kroger grocery store but they are over staffed right now.
    Kroger is trans friendly which is cool.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-24-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Good luck Tracii, i hope you get the job so you can help others like us, I the only time i have been in a dept, store as Stacy was Kohls, and i thought the SA were very polite. Hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

An there going to make you work in mens wear just to toture you ,,,lol,,,,, Woo,,,,,,,,,, Haaaa,,,,Woooo,,,,,,,,Haaaaaaaaaaaa
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Good luck with the job Tracii, hope you get it! A couple of months ago I did the same as you did, interviewed twice dressed similar to what you described, and ended up with the job. I've started slowly, though being very careful about no being too girly, but am slowly being more bold. Had a guy that works there comment on my nail polish today. He even encouraged me by saying it took years for people to come to accept him for who he was - he says he's got mental problems and is on a boatload of medications. Funny thing is, he looks, talks and acts like Larry the Cable Guy, but he's not acting! I should redo my polish tonight anyway, cuz it's wearing off badly - maybe I'll do it in pink?!

Tracii, glad to hear about your positive experience in spite of the gloom regarding your disability status. My wife's been fighting similar problems off and on now for 14 years. They all finally agreed she was stationary, but not well enough to work. Anyway, good luck with it all!

Hugs,
    Ann

Banned Spammer
    Thanks for the well wishes I have been thru this disability thing before before but I'm in a position I can retire from my job of the last 25 years so I'm not down and out yet LOL.
    Disability ins co's are brutal.I was turned down for SSDI too but I guess I'll just retire and get on with life.
    Life is good so all this isn't going to get me down.

Don't give up on SSDI. It's common for people to get turned down if they are too young in the eyes of SS. Keep reapplying.

Glad to hear none of it's going to get you down!

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Ann I have a lawyer lined up ready to take my case so who knows it could turn out OK in the end.
    She said you have been paying in for 40+ years and thats the only work you have done for 40 years I can get you a settlement.

Well Tracii, congrats on the interview, sounds as if it ended on a positive note, could be a good sign. From what I know about Kohl's, it's founders were very employee friendly and customer friendly. The present management has carried on that tradition and still has quality merchandise and service. If you get hired it will be a plus for you because you'll be able to buy all your feminine attire and get a discount to boot.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Spammer
    Gosh that would be great it really would.

I wish you the best Tracii, for both situations. Keep us posted.

Juli

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Juliana I'll get thru it, just a bump in the road and I have been down it several times.

I really hope it works out well for you Tracii! My fingers are crossed! 'Cause you are worth it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, I really hope that every thing works out for you.

Working at Kohl's will be exciting with an emp. discount
    You may owe them money on payday.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I hope you get the job. I know several TS's who work for the government here in Australia that has an equal opportunity policy One works for the tax department another for Centerlink which is the dept that organises "The Dole" for the unemployed Other work as nurses and of course hair dressers All they needed was the qualifications . One of the nurses I know is a female to male TS.I have a job too But its working in an antique shop thats owned by my " Mistress" and myself. That does not count I suppose

Banned Spammer
    Antiques I would go nuts if I worked in an antique shop.
    Have a china tea cup collection going

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Wishing you luck with the job. Never give up fighting the govt. Lord knows they can't make up their minds on anything.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Barbara yeah its a nightmare sometimes.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Tracii, I'll be praying for you on both counts.
    It sure amazes me how the government loves to take people who are here illegally and put them on our S.S. system when they never paid a dime into it, but when given one of our own who has worked and paid for years they want to stick it to you.

Hugs
    Jolene

Gold Member
    When asked "why do you want to work for (the company), your response should always be -
    "Well, you know, I don't WANT to but I do have a habit that I like to eat once in a while."

When they ask where you see yourself in 5 years you should say - "Hopefully not at this crappy job" or "Probably on disability cause I have a serious drinking problem"
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Good luck with the job Tracii!Hope you get it
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Hope it all works out! if you need to bend an ear pm me. Pulling for you lady.
    Living the life I choose!