Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purge

Purge

Well, I did it again. Last week, I was out of town for work and decided to bring my "things" with me to finally get some girl time. I've only ever done this once before (my dressing is usually only when home alone), and the same thing happened last time. I think it's because the out of town dressing takes so much planning and coordination to pull off without anyone in the family finding out that the guilt just becomes overwhelming. It's a grand deception and (only afterwards) I feel just absolutely rotten, and the only thing I can do to calm down and feel "normal" is chuck it all in the Goodwill bin on the way home. I really tried to avoid doing that this time, but I just couldn't see anyway around it.

Luckily for me, it's really not all that much stuff, so it's not a huge loss. A couple pairs of heels that I really liked, a dress that's probably too short to wear in public anyway, and some tights and makeup. Nothing that's irreplaceable. What I think furthered this purge was a general dissatisfaction with the result. After all that planning and stress, it didn't even feel worth it. Sometimes you just look in the mirror and think, "this is ridiculous."

I think, ultimately, I just need a break. CDing takes up so much "mental space" that it begins to intrude on real life. I suppose it would be less stressful if I could just be open about it with my wife, but that topic has been beaten to death in other places here. Maybe one day I'll have the conversation, but for right now, a little vacation is in order. I've been at this long enough not to kid myself into thinking this will actually stick, but sometimes you just have to push the reset button....

Thanks for listening all. It's comforting to know there are others out there who can relate. Hugs!
    Arianna

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Arianna, we've all been there or will be there. So sorry to hear you have to go through this, and I get why both the purge and desire to purge are so difficult. We'll be here for whatever you need.

I certainly know how that feels. I have certainly felt that way before. Be satisfied that for the time being you feel better. ).
    Thanks for sharing, Arianna.
    ~Amanda

Aspiring Member
    You'll be back and you'll regret those things you threw out.
    Funny how dressing and not dressing can cause stress, isn't it?

It's good you understand the process and have the knowledge needed to make your life just a little easier for you. You are right, it's no big deal to replace the clothes when the time arrives again. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

Well Hell

First thing I did when I read it was check your AGE . UKKK,,,,OH,,,,Geting on up there ,, Becuz the age thing was going to affect my responce greatly on this subject ? But at our age thats when SHE will come back with the froce of a cat 5 hurracane ,, An if your lucky u can hold her off ,,But if your not so lucky like many of us that are here tou will go to the next step ,,, An if that goes well the next step ,,,An so on ,,, Some off us make it pass there an some of us dont . But one things for sure we all been there right where your at now .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

AriannaRenee,

Yes, we have nearly all purged. Yes, we have nearly all felt guilt. I am certain, however, that the guilt is not so much about the crossdressing as it is the deception. If you were single do you think you would toss out your things? Likely not. Part of the reason your CDing takes up so much mental space is that it is also a need, and doing it takes time and planning. If it didn't require so much effort, would it take up nearly as much mental space, as you say? Likely not.

I hope you can find a way to express yourself without guilt and actually be happy about yourself. All pushing your reset button is doing is making you a little crazy.

Hugs to you, Melissa.

Ahh yes I can relate as I too am in your situation. However, when I go out of town, I really enjoy the planning of the dressing outfits and the entire aspect of being somewhere where no one would ever notice me....

If I ever perge again, it'll take a moving van as the boxes of stuff just seem to pile up... now I must go shopping.. I hear the goodwill store in the Chi area has just received a new shipment of stuff from an anonomus doner...

Renne.....

We've all looked into that mirror at one time or another and I can't tell you how many times over the years I've just chucked it all and said "NEVER AGAIN" only to be shopping for panties and bra and stockings and skirts and blouses and heels .... sometimes in a week, sometimes in a month....
    I finally accepted that this is who I am and I'm not strange, not weird, not a perv and not crazy. I'm just ME!!
    Now when I look in that mirror I see me....not that other image that haunted me for so long.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Been there, done that. Done that. And done that again. My third and hopefully last purge almost 20 years ago. And I wish I had some of that stuff back.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never felt the "urge to purge" but sure there have been times I just felt like its too much trouble to dress up.
    Glad I kept what clothes I had because I knew the desire would come back.

Wow I really know how you feel,
    Tho my last purge was over 10 years ago it still comes back to haunt me from time to time.
    Just take some time and think about some outer projects,thats what I do.
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Just don't be too hard on yourself. Its the self criticism that leads you to this place each go-around, isn't it? You look forward to getting dressed on these rare and special occassions, see something less than what you'd hoped for in the mirror and then consume yourself with guilt about wanting to do so in the first place. Kinda a vicious cycle.

So maybe you can use the reset period to come up with a virtuous cycle to replace this one. Focus on the things that you feel you need to improve on, then study and practice them when you have a spare moment now and then.To avoid giving up too much "mental space" try to set aside a specific time and place ... Youtube videos are a good place to obtain useful and practical advice on make up and other aspects of presentation. If you focus more on the process and less on the outcome, you'll probably have a more enjoyable experience.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I was there in my mid 40's. While I didn't purge I felt the guilt and the dissatisfaction with the results I saw in the mirror. The idea of hitting the reset button is a good one because at times there are way too many issues that all become mixed. And that becomes overwhelming and that leads to poor decisions, like getting rid ofcomfortable cute heels you actually like. I think it usually means it's time to sit down and think about what all the individual issues are and begin to address them one at a time. You need to work through the things that are bothering you; the deception to the family, the dissatisfaction with what you see in the mirror, the lack of time to fully nurture your femme side and probably others that are lingering in the background and have somehow become linked in some way to your crossdressing. Take some time to work through things and get your foundation solid and some of the solutions will become apparent. If the desire to dress comes back, the girl you see in the mirror will be much prettier if you are happy and relaxed.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You do what you have to do to make yourself feel good and there's nothing wrong with that.... too bad the urges aren't permanently attached to the clothes we wear.... make things so much easier.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Ahhh.. the dirty word purge! It should be in the censored word list here!

Last time I p***ed was about a year ago. I took stuff from my drawers and put it in a green garbage bag. Yep, you guessed it, it went out with the garbage.lol. Ah well it gave me a good reason to upgrade the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    ......I took stuff from my drawers and put it in a green garbage bag. Yep, you guessed it, it went out with the garbage.lol. Ah well it gave me a good reason to upgrade the wardrobe.
    at least you were doing the politically correct thing ..... using an environmentally friendly green garbage bag!

.......My Photos

I know how you feel, the whys, the gilt and don't forget the shame. I started some therapy with a gender therapist and she has helped me understand a little better. This is just part of who I am, I can't change it any more than a gay person can say I'm not gay any more. It is easier that my wife knows. You are who you are there is nothing to be ashamed about. Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Arianna, from your profile pic you look most acceptable - no need to purge, just keep refining your look - to make you happy; and if its in the cards confidein your wife, if not better planning to make it easier...................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Arianna, from your profile pic you look most acceptable - no need to purge, just keep refining your look - to make you happy; and if its in the cards confidein your wife, if not better planning to make it easier...................Debra
    I agree with Debra. The urge will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    actually there's a case where looking better may make things worse.... looks change but shame and guilt can linger forever!

.......My Photos

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    While not dressing long enough to develop the major purge urge, I have experienced the feelings of looking in the mirror and feeling that it just wasnt worth it. I still felt good about myself, but wondered about the time put in just trying. Fortunately that feeling passes, and are replaced by the good feelings of getting ready, and accepting what I have to work with.

I am now restricted to out of town motel trips if I want to dress to go out in public. have not done this yet, but it has put the damper on my desire to go out. The planning/preparation to get some girl time out just seems too daunting right now.

this has increased my internal girl time, which has allowed me time for introspection and realization of my directions, so not all bad.

Persevere Arianna, you have youth on your side even if you might not think so from your viewpoint.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Arianna,

I am going to recommend a book to you “My Husband Wears My Clothes” by Peggy J. Rudd, Ed.D. There is some discussion in there about purging that may help you, but most of it has already been shared on this thread (i.e that purging is a cycle).

FYI – I know about this book because one day I spied it on my wife’s nightstand, then the next day it was on the kitchen counter, the day after that it was on the coffee table, the one after that it appeared on my nightstand…needless to say, my wife was trying to foster a discussion between the two of us in a low key way. After I caught the hint and read the book (she having already read it) we had a long talk. Sometimes, avoidance is the biggest obstacle.

C-

If only there were carl-alt-del buttons followed by Purge? Hibernate? Go shopping?

It is a real bummer to have to toss things you have worked so hard to gain. I guess my question is - do you have any idea as to where your wife would stands on cross dressing? Is there any possibility of bringing the subject up with her?