Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tg-- lite

Tg-- lite

I Gonna start a new catagory TG-LITE ,,,For all those chix like me that dont know if they are CDs or TSs ?? Cuz we wont have surgery maybe just do a few things along the way but will legaly stay male . An there are a few of us here that dress ALOT ,, Almost daily unless something crazy happens an then our wardrode still has female items . But realy dont have the disire or will power or like me just plain LAZY . You know you have the full blown CDers an the full blown TS ,,,But what about the ol regular everyday chix that walk among the masses an are realy not noticed becuz we have on shorts or capris ,, An do our brows an hair an nails an stay clean shaved but just dont push it to far ? Just ride that thin line ? An we are the ones that folks just dont realy know how top put there fingure on it an just let us walk on by . Slip threw the cracks . So come on u TG lite lovers ,,, Join the CLUB ...
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    Yes, I'm CD LITE everyday, panties, lite makeup, a bra if it can be concealed, girl jeans but not as tight as I would like, etc. Is this how I like to dress, lets say I'm afraid to take it further, I don't want embarassment. I want more than TG LITE, I want to wear forms, makeup and dress female because I very much prefer that to male clothing and the male look, would also LOVE to pass 100%, so a little is better than zero.

I'm with you Stacy. I love when I get to wear my forms and dress up, but I can't do it everyday. I like to mix in womens clothing(underdress) or wear womens jeans. Just like the way they feel. So yeah, I'll join your cd-lite site.

Better make a few more categories as there are many gradations between the fetish girls and the true TS women.
    Not sure I'd fit into your description and also not sure I fit in the other 2 that you are trying to distinguish yourself from.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thats right ,,, Ladys ,,, We TG lite folk just dont want an dont need all the trouble ,,Call us scared or sissys or chicken ,,But we still go shopping an get our nails done an hair done an wear womans clothes an all the lovelys but not with all the crap that comes with dressing to the hilt ,,,Dont get me wrong I love to wear dresses an skirts an frilly tops ,, But ya cant do it day to day ,,, So we TG-lite chix just take what we can get . So jump on the TG-LITE Train ,,, Its better than nothing at all ! ,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,

I don't think we need any new categories so we can be classified by to what extent we dress up, dress up to get sexually excited, dress up to feel like a normal female, dress up in anticipation of becoming women, etc.. There are enough people trying to put us into a particular box so they can know how to deal with us; when we should all be 'dealt with' as people, it's as simple as that. Equal rights and opportunities, you know? Besides, if you have a TG lite category, that would of course imply a TG heavy category as well. I don't think anyone wants to be in that category!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I don't think we need any new categories so we can be classified by to what extent we dress up, dress up to get sexually excited, dress up to feel like a normal female, dress up in anticipation of becoming women, etc.. There are enough people trying to put us into a particular box so they can know how to deal with us; when we should all be 'dealt with' as people, it's as simple as that. Equal rights and opportunities, you know? Besides, if you have a TG lite category, that would of course imply a TG heavy category as well. I don't think anyone wants to be in that category!
    Hold up now ,,, I do ,,, In the SUPER - FREAK --- Category ,,,LOL,,,

It is as good a name as any. I think it covers a huge number. Now to explain just how "lite" we are. I like the idea because it is so hard to say "I am a non-op, non-hormonal transsexual who does not have a problem with my gender usually and doesn't even think about it until someone says why don't you get the surgery you wuss" Yes Lite is much shorter
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    It is as good a name as any. I think it covers a huge number. Now to explain just how "lite" we are. I like the idea because it is so hard to say "I am a non-op, non-hormonal transsexual who does not have a problem with my gender usually and doesn't even think about it until someone says why don't you get the surgery you wuss" Yes Lite is much shorter
    Like Budwieser ,,, Bud lite,,, Not Budwieser lite ,,,, Just --- Bud Lite ,,,,,, Not Ultra Lite,,, Just Lite ,,,LOL,,,,

TG--Lite, it sounds like a beer Stacy. I once suggested people between CD and TS be called "middle pathers". My thread went down in flames pretty quickly.

You see I found out people hate labels, especially new ones. So I propose they name a beer after us instead.

Anyways in the spirit of the label wars I decided to call myself "comfortably numb".

more like a label for guys who wear women's jeans to me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Lite? there are some out there who consider us "lite in the loafers".........................Debra

you kill me, i am glad to be your friend

Platinum Member
    Way to go, Stacy. Just what we need....another darn category! -

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Way to go, Stacy. Just what we need....another darn category! -
    As far as I'm concerned, the more categories the better. I might eventually find out which one I belong in, and then I'd know who I am. Wouldn't it be great if I turned out to be a "Supercilious Banjaxing Renegade"?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I once suggested people between CD and TS be called "middle pathers". My thread went down in flames pretty quickly.

You see I found out people hate labels, especially new ones.
    I think "middle pathers" is quite good, Marleena. Only problem I see with it is that our detractors would quickly turn it into "psycho-pathers". But I think you're on the right track/path.

I hate labels, too. Nothing worse in the world than labels, as far as I'm concerned. My neighborhood supermarket doesn't seem to agree with me for some reason, though.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Hey, so what, I'll join, just wear it-don't drink it!!!
    [SIGPIC]

Annabelle, I don't get it. The more categories, the better, but you hate labels. You want categories without labels? Help me out here.

Stacy, I think you're on to something, but I can't see those as you described as lightly-transgendered. I would think that TG-lite would describe someone who occasionally likes to express a little femininity for a little while. But keeping shaved and dressing in casual feminine clothes daily wouldn't be lite.
    I like labels. Crossdresser is a very broad description of us, and transgendered is even broader. I have read posts over the years, and certain people really confuse me - it could be that they're confused as well. They (these certain people) seem to identify at times as TS, and at other times as CD. There are some who feel that they are very strongly internally feminine, and live in girl mode as much as they can, but haven't/can't/won't transition fully for various reasons. I can name names, but without their permission, I won't. I wonder if they are CD or TS. Is there a line between CD and TS? Or is there a tweener category? TS-lite maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Annabelle, I don't get it. The more categories, the better, but you hate labels. You want categories without labels? Help me out here.
    Just a little double-think, Nicole. The last sentence of my post is the punchline.

Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    It is as good a name as any.
    I thought the latest new label was "middlepathers"? It's acronym is much shorter (MP) vs. "TG-L" or "TG-lite".

So if people do start adopting TG-L, will there be a TG-M (medium), and a TG-H (heavy)?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

So if people do start adopting TG-L, will there be a TG-M (medium), and a TG-H (heavy)?
    I'd say it'll probably be, "Double TG" and "TG Whopper with bacon".

Platinum Member
    I thought the latest new label was "middlepathers"? It's acronym is much shorter (MP) vs. "TG-L" or "TG-lite".

How about TG- piano vs TG-forte?

Joking aside, I prefer the numbering system as employed by Dr, Benjamin. The categories in Benjamin's Gender Scale might need some tweaking now since the scale was developed in the 1960s, but at least it gives credence to the idea there are several degrees of gender dysphoria.

Also, when we attach a particular word to a condition where there is a scale, people tend to attach their own meaning to the same word and there develops are all sorts of disagreements as to how the word should be defined.

We've seen this happen with the word, "transgender".
    Reine

Joking aside, I prefer the numbering system as employed by Dr, Benjamin. The categories in Benjamin's Gender Scale might need some tweaking now since the scale was developed in the 1960s, but at least it gives credence to the idea there are several degrees of gender dysphoria.

Also, when we attach a particular word to a condition where there is a scale, people tend to attach their own meaning to the same word and there develops are all sorts of disagreements as to how the word should be defined.

We've seen this happen with the word, "transgender".
    Aye, and with lots of other words as well. Just recently I saw somebody refer to Beethoven as a Classical rather than a Romantic composer. And if we didn't use words, but stuck with numbers instead, then we'd be arguing about the numbers (in particular who's going to get a high one and who's going to be stuck with the low ones.)

The advantage of proposing a name such as "TG Lite" is that it's asking a question: is this you? It gives you a chance to look at yourself and think about things and then maybe you learn something about yourself. The important thing isn't the name, but the content of the definition. Names are always provisional anyway.

I think physicists are on the right track--Up, Down, Strange, Charmed. Who would object to being called a "Charmed Quark"? Except those who might prefer to be a "Strange Quark".

Annabelle

Silver Member
    There is already the Harry Benjamin scale, and I believe there is the Watson (?) Scale used in the UK which adds one more notch to the scale.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_scale Those who identify as the opposite sex but go back and forth would probably be a Type IV (non-op TS) if I remember right.

In the UK, I think they also use subdivisions of TV into OTV, RTV and FTV (occasional, regularly and fulltime TVs), at least I have seen these used in Rose's Repartee. These are quite handy, I think, though they only relate to frequency of dressing and not identity alone.

Of course, in the hyper sensitive trans community at large you can't even acknowledge there are differences between TV and TS without being seen as some sort of huge raging hatemonger; therefore, I doubt any of them will catch on, even though it would be very useful if they did. Personally, I wouldn't mind referring to myself, or being referred to, as a "Type II TV".
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 07-25-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    There is already the Harry Benjamin scale, and I believe there is the Watson (?) Scale used in the UK which adds one more notch to the scale.
    "But this one goes to 11!"

Seriously, while labels can be useful I think that they are just an attempt by social scientists to quantify the unquantifiable.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]