Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A non-poll poll! Can and will u answer it honestly?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation A non-poll poll! Can and will u answer it honestly?

[SIZE="7"]GULP!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Well, not 1/2 as bad as I thot it would taste![/SIZE]
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I do #2, but add mine anyway whether mentioned or not. I do try to use different words at least.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm a compulsive reader, so I tend to read threads early on, comment if appropriate, and check back later to see how the thread is developing.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm too new here to have a lot of experience to report on, but I would go with Option 2 as well. I don't see the point in posting what someone else already said, possibly better than I could. But like Barbara, if I had a somewhat different spin on the answer, I would post anyway, probably mentioning the other person's reply too.

I would probably be a 4 in most cases.

Great question that applies to me. I try to read through all the posts to see what is said, to see if anyone may have already posted my probable comment, and to see if the thread has gone ballistic and has entered the controversial stage, which does make for interesting reading. If I am still interested in commenting after all that, in goes my 2 cents worth. Now, If I am tired, maybe posted out, I may decide to just pass, or maybe revisit it later to see if I can get my enthusiasm up to comment. I generally do not just read a few posts out of many and then add my comments.

depends on the topic and my time available some threads are really fun to check back on. some not so much!

Banned Read only
    1. Read thru all the posts to see everyone's viewpoint? Usually, but only on threads that are of interest to me.

2. Read the posts to see if someone already posted your 2 cents? Rarely

3. Maybe read a few and then just add yours anyway, whether or not it's been mentioned? Rarely

4. Don't bother commenting and scroll to a thread with less posts on it? Rarely

5. Just lurk in any case? Rarely

Banned Read only
    1 but ONLY on threads that interest me OR an area where I could offer a "valid" opinion or advice.

It's obvious to me that most folks don't read entire threads because most people will post responses to the ORIGINAL OP when OP has clarified/come back into the thread sometimes numerous times with updates.

1. If it interests me, yes, I will read all the posts on a thread.
    2. Yes. If more then a few people have already voiced the same opinion, I probably will not reply.. unless..
    3. I will reply anyhow if it's something I really want to put my voice to or participate in the conversation.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I read most of the replies with ignoring the posts from some people that tend to repeat their content over and over again. They could probably save typing time by just copy and pasting their replies.
    As for giving my 2 cents, it all depends on the number of posts within the thread which are one or two line blurbs. What is the sense of wasting time and effort on a post when it will be lost in that type of a swamp?

I usually pick 5 I don't comment very much

I like to think I do 1! I do tend to only open posts that look interesting. If it then turns out to not be I won't post. If it is interesting I try to read everything to get the gist of what is going on. I will then respond to whatever feels appropriate as the thread has developed, and will always TRY to add a response to the OP. I have no problem repeating things that others have said. It demonstrates a view that is shared bu others and that I find helpful.

Well that is what I TRY to do! Do I do this 100% of the time? Probably not...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I usually read the OP first, to see if it is something I feel I can or want to contribute to. If I feel I can contribute then "2" otherwise "4".

Jolene

Usually just #3 for me. Scan threw and read a few then give my
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    I'm not sure if anybody selected this option yet, but I'll go with number 2

1. Usually, yes, if I intend to comment. If not, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    2. Usually, yes. My 2 cents worth will reinforce theirs.
    3. Not usually.
    4. On occasion
    5. I don't ever lurk.

PS: Add salt for flavor.

I do number 6. You left this choice off the poll Doc. lol Depending of the topic, I will read the original post and respond based on the topic, question or opinion asked for. I like to then go back and read other's posts to see if anyone might agree with my opinion. On the serious posts, I don't want my opinion swayed by what others say. Of course this backfires sometimes and causes me to rethink my opinion. Other threads I will read some of all the posts first before posting if I post at all. So that would be number 1.

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    I will do 1 , as I cant make a comment without being fully informed on said post ... Xxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

I am 3. Maybe read a few and then just add yours anyway, whether or not it's been mentioned?

But I didnt read all the responses to this thread to see if mine had been mentioned. But I added mine anyway.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Who takes the weekend off? If the subject is interesting I reply.... without reading all the replies... its hard to read a lot on my Droid.... if the original post is long and rambling... I skip it and move on... my limited engineer brain is full of formulas and numbers so it hard to absorb a lot all at one time! lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I do 3 and sometimes 4. I'm a Chatty Kathy so I usually have to say something.

The very first post (thread starter) is the one I base my reply on.

I'm a three all day long. Sure hope this thread hits two pages so I can see Sherry eat it!

Great thread about posters.... It'll be interesting to see how many views this one gets vs. how many posted replies as there seem to be a lot of just viewers out there...
    1. Read thru all the posts to see everyone's viewpoint? Depends on the post.. Picture posts, I'll comment if I think I can add something.. Other posts, only if the subject relates to my journey...
    2. Read the posts to see if someone already posted your 2 cents? Yes, and I may still add a few pennies to ditto another member...
    3. Maybe read a few and then just add yours anyway, whether or not it's been mentioned? Yea... sometimes...
    4. Don't bother commenting and scroll to a thread with less posts on it? That sometimes happens depending on where my brain is...

Like Karren said, my engineer brain is so cramed full of physics, equations and stuff that if I put any more things in there I might forget first grade or something....

Renne.....

5. Just lurk in any case?

I love to read so I try to read all the post and then comment! Sometime I just can't think of anything worth saying!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: