Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you still dress-up if... ?

It might not be as thrilling if society accepted us completely, but it would still be satisfying to me.

Consider that wearing dresses and makeup is completely acceptable for 50% of the population. Of those, perhaps 75% avail themselves of those privileges to one degree or another. They most likely do so because they are deriving some satisfaction from it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I would only continue to dress until my credit card maxed out.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    An interesting thought to which I have to say that the thrill as such, while not quite gone, still exists. I like being out, Sam-antha is sort of illegal even nowadays - in the late fifties she most certainly was illegal -. Perhaps there in lies the lure. I doubt it though, since Samantha likes being out, she likes being one of a pair.
    So my reply is simply that we would still co-exist and Sam would be happy and thrilled by the prospect of shopping in quantity, but she would prefer to do it in person.
    Donni, that surely says that we two would stay apart.
    ~Samm

Makeup addict!
    Undoubtedly I would still dress.

The lady I share this body with says it would make no differance! If there's one thing I have learned in life it's never argue with a lady!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Want a truly HONEST ANSWER? "I don't know!"

My dressing has little or nothing to do with anyone else. It's exciting and arousing for ME to create the illusion that I've become a pretty female!

Going out dressed is stressful for me. I don't get a thrill out of it and worse, I look like a man in a dress. I don't that like on ME. On top of that, I must dress to BLEND! Yuck!

Would I feel more or less like dressing if it was considered "normal"?

At home, I don't think so! Going out? I have no idea!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I dress because I like being a girl. It has nothing to do with sex or thrills, it just seems right.
    Dana Ryan

I'd still dress up. If it wasn't taboo then buying clothes would be a breeze and a whole bunch of us here would be a lot poorer.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivianchen05

Great first post Ambergold. I hope you contribute often from now on.
    Yes I certainly would get the same thrill from dressing regardless. The wonderful feeling that descends upon me once I am fully transformed is not related to any stigma associated with crossdressing. I just love doing it immensely.

WOULD I DRESS IN FEMALE CLOTHING ALL THE TIME IF THE TABOO'S DISAPPEARED??????? YES YES YES!!!!!! Whenever I am dressed I REALLY feel that this is who I am, a woman trapped in a male body!!!!!! Just goes to show ya', "GOD DOES HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR"

MOLLY
    "To thine own self be true"

Red face

I dress because I feel comfortable that way. Don't get me wrong, I feel comfortable in my male clothes as well. I prefer to wear womens clothes when I can, and I do every night and morning. . If the stigmatism was removed, I would feel way freer(?) to go out in public, buy clothes that I like to wear and fit me properly. I think we all know that is never gonna happen, but what a wonderful dream. Until then, Marlana is house bound.

Banned Read only
    I would definately dress female fulltime, try it for six months or so and if I loved it go the female hormone, breast implants and some feminizing facial surgery route. In other words I would become a *******, that's as far as I would want to take it, and if I had a change of mind you can undo just about all of this. I think it would be so cool living and presenting as a busty, curvy female with a little surprise tucked away down below in my sexy panties. Imagine the colorful, soft, form fitting clothes that hug all the curves the female body has and the mannerisms of being female, sign me up!!!
    Last edited by deebra; 07-26-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: more accurate

[QUOTE=Ambergold43;2910442 I don't want to belabor the point, so my question is this: If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?[/QUOTE]

It's not at all about a "thrill" for me. It's about expressing something deep inside that's always been there.
    No, it wouldn't change a thing except for the fact that I would be able to dress much more often and without concern for family and friends knowing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Aside from the fact that this is an utterly hypothetical that has no realistic possibiity...it would be more realistic to ask how we might spend Powerball winnings... the motivation and response to dressing does change as we mature. As a young person with raging hormones, its not surprising that wearing lingerie elicits arrousal. But I would argue that this is a coincedence for many of us. At that age, getting dressed may be exciting, but so is simply seeing an attractive girl in a picture. Later, once a person matures, that early sexual association may diminish or disappear entirely but the desire to dress continues. At that point, we begin to realize that something else, something deeper in our psyche has been motivatings...very likely the same thing that drew us onto this path in early childhood. At that point, the thrill is irrelevant or nonexistent.

Yes I would still be dressing, and if all of that where to happen, I might even go out in public. I don't dress for thrills, or to be anti social, I dress because I'm driven to it, now if I could get that deep seated compulsion to go away, I would quit dressing, but that is the only thing that would ever get me to stop completely.
    No matter who approves, or disapproves, just has no effect on a transgended crossdresser. If it's really just a hobby, maybe you have a choice, if it's just who you are, the choice is limited.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I would still dress for me it is the urge the want and the need to do it not the thrill
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

It wouldn't matter much to me Hon. For myself it's become an art form for the most part and an outside reflection of my inner feelings. I enjoy trying different looks and have the latitude to do so even more than genetic gals. I have a lot of fun with it by dancing en femme also, kind of my trademark. It's who you are as a person that counts, not what you look like.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It would probably become "old hat".

"If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?"

Yes I would still crossdress because it is the feel of the material against my flesh that I enjoy. I do wear forms that make me look a little more female and partly they help fill out my clothes.

The other day a neighbor, who knows that I crossdress, was at my house and was amassed that I could do something she could not, walk in 5" heels without trouble. She also wanted to raid my small wardrobe of about 50 outfits. Lucky we were not the same shoe or dress size. I'm 6' tall (without heels) and weigh in at 230 pounds. size 12W shoes. She is 5' tall weighs in at 150ish (guessing here) and a size 8.5 shoe.

Yes I would go out more if I could.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

definitely, I would love for my presenting as a female to be a total non-issue
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambergold43 View Post
    If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?
    IF ... there were an equal number of men and women who wore the same style skirts, makeup, and pants, in other words, if there was no gender differentiation between clothing, makeup, or hair style at all, I think that CDers would still find a way to differentiate themselves from the men, even if it meant only wearing the breast forms, hip pads, and waist cinchers, and making sure their bodies were hair free under their clothing.

But, I'd bet the shelves in the closets would be less filled with clothing, and more filled with varieties of forms, pads, and corsets.
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambergold43 View Post
    I'm sure many of us have gone shopping in the women's section of department stores alone and felt a bit of an adrenaline rush? Just me? Well, if you do know the feeling, thats what I'm talking about.

I don't want to belabor the point, so my question is this: If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?
    Excellent question. Without the adrenalin it would be as pointless - for me - as drinking decaffeinated coffee or alcohol-free beer. If everyone did it I wouldn't go to the bother and expense
    Last edited by Kelly Smith; 07-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.

of course i would gladly do it..

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambergold43
    I don't want to belabor the point, so my question is this: If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?
    [SIZE="2"]No, I wouldn’t get the same thrill, and the thrill is important. I like having society against US. I can’t imagine a hypothetical “perfect” world where deviants are welcomed by conformists; in fact WE may be the ones who make the world go ‘round. I need to feel different from the next fellow, even if my penchant for crossdressing is not openly apparent – in many ways I exist as a counterpoint to others, and I’m comfortable in that role. I get the feeling that gender norms will always be around, since the world seems to require it and insist upon it. Meanwhile, I, a male, feel a need to do something really interesting to make me happy, something that few other males would even think of...
    [/SIZE]

doubt i could stop even if i tried. the thrill is definately a factor for me, but i wouldn't say it is the reason. it would make it less special though because there would be more guys out there who could pass better than me and that'd be upsetting.