Hi everyone! I am pretty much brand new to the site and so far I have enjoyed reading through many of your posts and threads. I am amazed and inspired by the diversity of stories and people on here! This is my first attempt at starting a thread so I'm sorry if something along these lines has been posted in the recent past! Not trying to spam the idea or anything!

So, to the point: It is no secret that male-to-female crossdressing is somewhat of a social taboo (slight understatement, perhaps?) and that there is a lot of anxiety associated with the various aspects of it. Especially when it comes to wondering about how others will treat us, accept us, or not... particularly family, friends, and SO's. Of course, many people dress for many different reasons, whether it be purely for entertainment, excitement, identity purposes, etc. Personally, though, for me part of the excitement that comes from Crossdressing is the idea of breaking a very ingrained social/cultural norm... sort of thumbing my nose at several generations worth of gender construction and being able to escape the "boxes" the genders have been caged in. I'm sure many of us have gone shopping in the women's section of department stores alone and felt a bit of an adrenaline rush? Just me? Well, if you do know the feeling, thats what I'm talking about.

I don't want to belabor the point, so my question is this: If crossdressing was completely unstigmatized, and men could buy and wear dresses, make-up, the whole nine-yards without anyone even raising an eyebrow, would you still get the same thrill? Or do you think that at least some of the fun from subverting gender norms would dissipate?